The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

May 03, 2024, 07:25:58 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Races for 4th Jan  (Read 970 times)
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« on: January 04, 2012, 08:27:32 PM +0000 »

Sorry this post is late I have just been fighting with my new modem/router!!! upgrade which refused to recognise my computer until 5 minutes ago.

As Axel and Nicky have suggested...

65's at Monaco
and
F2's at  Silverstone

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
maddog

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2012, 07:10:34 PM +0000 »

It's becoming hard to keep abreast of things here.  Should we make this a test session for the interleague races with Brazil?  We F2'ed Silverstone last week.  So if not Silverstone, St Jovite is a good track for F2's, along with 107 others.
                                                                       scooter 
NickyIckx

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2012, 08:35:19 PM +0000 »

Grin no worry Martin . Clives post is from 4th of January .

so :
1. race St Jovite with 67F2

2. race , I am mond open , what about Mexico City  with 67F2  ?
maddog

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2012, 08:53:05 PM +0000 »

If this includes free Tequila, I am in.  I will save mine until after the race - does it taste good with Champagne? Grin
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2012, 09:20:57 AM +0000 »

Once again apologies for not organising any venues for last night, but work etc is occupying more of my time lately and Wed evening just seems to arrive unexpectedly soon!!!

Great race at Mexico once we got the crashfest of laps 1 & 2 out of the way.

I chose the Lola BMW for St Jovite after the FVA seemed a little fast at Mexico and just about sorted a setup just before the start. It was noticeable that the BMW engine had a narrower power band than the FVA and needed much more care in setting the gear ratios.

The start showed that I had got 1st gear too high and I was swamped by cars passing me through T1. Gradually i picked up places as cars went off and eventually I caught Hristo and Juha who were waiting after an "incident".

I'm not sure which car Hristo had chosen but it seemed slower out of some corners than my Lola BMW. Exiting the final corner I planted my right foot expecting to draft Hristo across the S/F line. But he appeared almost to stop right on my expected line?? I'm not sure if you were waiting Hristo or had missed a gear but I punted you clean over the armco...sorry mate. By the time all the field had passed and I had re-set I had lost my mojo, so I retired.

Rank   Only when I sweat
Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2012, 05:06:08 PM +0000 »

Evil, I went wide, out of the ideal line (at least mine), but you followed me and carried greater speed, so you hit me from behind. I was expecting you to pass me on the inside and thus kept on the outside there.

EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2012, 08:32:49 PM +0000 »

lol, it might not have been your ideal line, but it was absolutely bang on mine!!  Undecided Undecided

I a aim at the end of that section of armco from just before the apex and apply the gas.  With that much momentum under me there was no way I was going to be able to turn and get inside you...sorry again H.

Rank   Only when I sweat
Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2012, 09:16:00 PM +0000 »

It's not a problem, I managed to recover afterwards. Shame you retired though. Anyway, St. Jovite always provides exciting racing!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com