by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

May 02, 2024, 02:39:08 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: GTL - Season 14  (Read 6395 times)
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« on: August 20, 2013, 08:35:10 AM +0100 »

It's time to think about the various series for Season 14.

If you have some preferences either for car types, tracks or style of races, please let me know. No promises mind, but all suggestions will be considered (honest).

Currently being planned are........

A series featuring the current F1 circuits and calendar (done to death elsewhere but never done here IIRC). Cars are still being tested.

A series featuring Lotus Cortina, Ford Anglia and Austin Mini Cooper in a Brit Saloon Championship, shorter variants of circuits and small tracks.

A series bringing back the 1970's World Sports Car mods including recent updates.

« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 08:47:49 AM +0100 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Quicksilver384

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2013, 09:05:25 AM +0100 »

Hows about some sort of american muscle championship. I.e. mustang, cobra things like that using american tracks like laguna seca.
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2013, 11:01:22 AM +0100 »

Hows about some sort of american muscle championship. I.e. mustang, cobra things like that using american tracks like laguna seca.

Sounds like fun, although we had a cobra series recently with a few add ons which personally I didn't enjoy. Aren't there a few mods around that will run with the default Mustangs and Falcons or do they compete with the later cars like the Boss?

Some of the 70's sports cars are wonderful to drive, but some are horrible and are far too difficult to produce good racing imo eg the 917  Shocked Maybe choose a few of the more driveable ones and limit the number of drives per car as in the current '77 series  Undecided

More PnG  Wink

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2013, 12:38:21 PM +0100 »

Great idea, make a nice change.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2013, 12:42:02 PM +0100 »

Sounds like fun, although we had a cobra series recently with a few add ons which personally I didn't enjoy. Aren't there a few mods around that will run with the default Mustangs and Falcons or do they compete with the later cars like the Boss?

Some of the 70's sports cars are wonderful to drive, but some are horrible and are far too difficult to produce good racing imo eg the 917  Shocked Maybe choose a few of the more driveable ones and limit the number of drives per car as in the current '77 series  Undecided

More PnG  Wink
They all seem to be late 60's muscle Dodge Charger stylee

But one man's driveable is another chaps nighmare drive but I would like to limit the drives

roguk

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2013, 06:10:46 PM +0100 »

Hi    Like the idea of a Brit Saloon Championship,  shorter tracks would mean i would be lapped a few times so would like a few reasonable size tracks.
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2013, 07:13:08 PM +0100 »

Hi    Like the idea of a Brit Saloon Championship,  shorter tracks would mean i would be lapped a few times so would like a few reasonable size tracks.
Care to suggest some?

SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2013, 08:04:16 PM +0100 »

The Brit Saloon Championship sounds great!
I also like the idea of the Muscle Cars - did some races years ago over at GC.

Me personally always preferring the Touring and GT cars, especially the smaller
cars (some addons available) and/or would like to propose using some of the
Brickyard addons (incredible work).

Some nice additions to GTL also available at http://evolution-modding.usersboard.net/
and here http://speedster63.blogspot.de/-

Grin

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
BillThomas

We will rock you! Rock on.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2013, 12:22:31 PM +0100 »

Taking gt’s point on the more powerful cars can we stick to one car rather than have to drive each one, eg in our Sports Car Series the only car I feel confident to push is the Alfa 2000 GTm.  Whereas with the REAL GTL Series the only car that is difficult to drive is the Gordini 1300.
With tracks I prefer the old proper road tracks; with the Nordschleife can we just stick to one Version as my poor brain has difficulty with these long tracks where similar sections confuse me, I either drive too slow or too fast for these sections.  I usually try and find a compromise speed but often end up having an off which can result in falling off the edge of the world or writing the car off on the Armco.
I think the modern tracks with their stupid 1st gear chicanes etc break up the driving rhythm and have no place is Proper Competitive Motorsport.  Anyhow what do I know as an Old Luddite.   Roll Eyes Huh wheelchair rockon

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Another one bites the dust
BillThomas

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2013, 12:26:20 PM +0100 »

Weird first post didn't appear, when I tried to send a second one got message of new posting (Mine) when eventually I made a post Did it in the old Civil Service Way in triplicate. Roll Eyes

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2013, 05:08:51 PM +0100 »

Weird first post didn't appear, when I tried to send a second one got message of new posting (Mine) when eventually I made a post Did it in the old Civil Service Way in triplicate. Roll Eyes
I've deleted some of your post's Bill

roguk

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2013, 07:12:34 PM +0100 »

Hi  Brit Saloon Championship could have a few longer tracks even international (Care to suggest some)
67 Panorama
Sachsenring
Virginia
Aintree
Charade
Sebring

Please as a newbie to GTL you can prob ignore any of these suggestions, i will just go with the flow.
BillThomas

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2013, 07:16:33 PM +0100 »

I've deleted some of your post's Bill

Thanks Tony, lost all my brownie trying to sort out before lunch.  First opportunity to get on site again to try and clean up.

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2013, 12:38:09 PM +0100 »

Hi  Brit Saloon Championship could have a few longer tracks even international (Care to suggest some)
67 Panorama
Sachsenring
Virginia
Aintree
Charade
Sebring

Please as a newbie to GTL you can prob ignore any of these suggestions, i will just go with the flow.

Nice choice of tracks there. All unsuitable (except perhaps Aintree) for a Brit Saloon series for two reasons a) Not British and b) Way to long to use. Let me explain. If we use tracks that long the Cortina would have too strong an advantage and we would end up with a single make race. For a series featuring these cars the circuits have to be short/medium length to give the other two cars a chance to mix it up with the Cortina.

67 Panorama is the last venue in the current Fifties series. Sachsenring (the older street version, not the modern race circuit) is an old favourite here and has featured many times. Virginia has been raced here and could feature in next seasons proposed American Muscle car series. I'll consider Aintree for the Brit Saloon series but it will be a Cortina podium. Charade is modded for GTL but it's a dogs dinner so we don't use. Sebring has been used before and could also end up in next seasons AMC series.

Thanks for taking the time to suggest the tracks, your input is appreciated.

Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2013, 01:57:02 PM +0100 »

If want a decent version of the longer Charade track, try this one.

http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=28575

As you say Tony, the older version from the early days of GTL was quite poor.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com