The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
May 03, 2024, 07:45:03 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • New Server Testing: April 30, 2006
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: New Server Testing  (Read 7610 times)
PaulW

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2006, 10:57:15 AM +0100 »

Bloody hell- GTL goes from bad to worse for me- nasty framerates are now joined by the "one the grid but no-ones there" bug for the first time ever. Rapidly loosing patience with it Angry

Give a man a fish- he'll eat for a day. But give him a fishing rod and... he'll break it up for firewood, or just possibly, swap it for a fish.
fozzmeister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2006, 11:36:12 AM +0100 »

God I've never had a worse gaming experience.

<rant>
First I manage to join, my track IR thing is looking off in some wierd direction, besides the hat not being visible to the sensor thing (just showered, wet hair). took me an age to figure out how to sort that out (make it visible, centre, exit to main menu!). Not before I realised I could not type, wasn't my keyboard, coz I tried the one with a wire, only about 1/3rd of the letters every come up. Lost connection, cant get back in, reboot firewall, race, cant get back in, wait for practice, join, Picnic says server rebooting, about 3 seconds after I join, guess what, can't rejoin, reboot firewall, cant see anybody, still cant type, at least im still looking forward. quit in discust.

Now I realise why I left SimBin games, pile of rubbish. It's just totally unbelievable.
</rant>

SRou is a great place, run/admined/moderated/raced by good people, I hope I can come back and race here one day.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2006, 11:39:18 AM +0100 by fozzmeister » Logged

I am selling my Virtual Roadster cockpit on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320742210327 / https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=9771.0
iRacing = Matthew Forrester
Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2006, 12:24:22 PM +0100 »

Is NEW server for GTR up or not? Or not today?  Smiley
PaulW

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2006, 12:35:21 PM +0100 »

I think later in the afternoon TrueTom Smiley

Had a great time in the end once I managed to join a race. Thought the server was solid at our maximum of 31. 35, 36 at a push?

I'm really going to have to look hard at what's happening with GTL because I'm running at 20-25 fps now but had 70+ before the re-format with higher graphic options. Oh well. Thanks for the racing- it was a nice surprise to get up on a Sunday and find something happening  Smiley

Give a man a fish- he'll eat for a day. But give him a fishing rod and... he'll break it up for firewood, or just possibly, swap it for a fish.
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2006, 12:38:49 PM +0100 »

GTL testing was this morning, GTR will be this afternoon.

31 looked superb, so 36 should be ok which is fantastic news. Hopefully we can increase GTR too no problem and accomodate all drivers that have signed up nowadays.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2006, 12:44:44 PM +0100 »

Is NEW server for GTR up or not? Or not today?  Smiley

Scheduled for 4pm now

We had 31 at the start of one race, I had a little lag, but with 20 plus cars in front of me that's not too surprising. Just meant being a little careful, it was not bad enough to be a show stopper. Others reported no problems so could have just been me or the car I was following.

No replays still, I'll have to play with this more. The options are on in the PLR file so should be ok  Undecided

popabawa
Legendary Leader
Former Moderators

Less yapping and more lapping!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2006, 12:45:13 PM +0100 »

All looked very good with the new server, no lag and low pings thumbup2

Pity about the standard of driving, letting in the great unwashed was a great reminder to never go near a public server!

Second race was great, I even beat Shark  Tongue

Legends Racing simracing team
JonM_uk

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2006, 12:45:47 PM +0100 »

It was all good for me FPS stuffered a little but nothing to complain about, it ran smooth all the way Grin
it was a nice surprise to get up on a Sunday and find something happening Smiley

Agreed thumbup2

When I driving behind you picnic I did see you warping for about half a lap but that was it...

Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2006, 12:53:38 PM +0100 »

No replays still, I'll have to play with this more. The options are on in the PLR file so should be ok  Undecided

Give me a shout if you need any help with the server options.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2006, 12:59:31 PM +0100 »

Was racing yesterday with The Chasers boys. They were talking about GTR having a limit of 30 racers 'cause of the number of pits, etc. Didn't argue as I really don't know a lot about that stuff. Something to consider though? Or not?

Btw, what'll be the name of the new GTR server this afternoon? 
mclaessen

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2006, 01:16:42 PM +0100 »

Was racing yesterday with The Chasers boys. They were talking about GTR having a limit of 30 racers 'cause of the number of pits, etc. Didn't argue as I really don't know a lot about that stuff. Something to consider though? Or not?

Maybe we need to consider this indeed. As far as I know tracks like Anderstorp and Donington don't have as many pit boxes as Spa (which uses both the F1 pitlane and Touringcar pitlane).

Most tracks will have more than enough pitboxes though.

Rich_A

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2006, 01:28:44 PM +0100 »

https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=1146.0

Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2006, 01:30:16 PM +0100 »

Right, I remember Rob Bywater having problems in Barcelona race 1 NGT Sprint 3 - game kept spawning him on the other side of the wall and he managed to get on the track only at the begining of the race.  no
[ZiP]Tyf
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2006, 01:52:16 PM +0100 »

God I've never had a worse gaming experience.
<rant>
First I manage to join, my track IR thing is looking off in some wierd direction, besides the hat not being visible to the sensor thing (just showered, wet hair). took me an age to figure out how to sort that out (make it visible, centre, exit to main menu!). Not before I realised I could not type, wasn't my keyboard, coz I tried the one with a wire, only about 1/3rd of the letters every come up. Lost connection, cant get back in, reboot firewall, race, cant get back in, wait for practice, join, Picnic says server rebooting, about 3 seconds after I join, guess what, can't rejoin, reboot firewall, cant see anybody, still cant type, at least im still looking forward. quit in discust.

Now I realise why I left SimBin games, pile of rubbish. It's just totally unbelievable.
</rant>

I know it's a rant m8, but to blame SimBin for all that is just completely ridiculous!? Undecided I drive both GTL&R a lot and hardly ever have problems...

Bloody hell- GTL goes from bad to worse for me- nasty framerates are now joined by the "one the grid but no-ones there" bug for the first time ever. Rapidly loosing patience with it Angry
Had this 1 though Wink Yesterday I did loads of Mini battle server races and 1 time I had this bug. Not a lot you can do about it PW I think. Framerates u should be able to sort though! Smiley Have u tried reinstalling it without using old 'ini' files?

-

Is the new server going to be up 24/7 I guess? Since it's a public? Would be nice to race on it more regularly. For GTL there's a racing24/7.co.uk server running with a decent track list, which is almost always full. Maybe make a seperate thread for driver names that should deffo be banned Smiley (Bliiss for instance Smiley).

T
PaulW

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2006, 03:18:49 PM +0100 »

Framerates u should be able to sort though! Smiley Have u tried reinstalling it without using old 'ini' files?
That was going to be my next try Tyf, thanks for the suggestion.... except I just had a good play around in the BIOS and have found that if I turn CPU overclocking off (it was on 5%) I've got my framerates back. No idea how that works, but anyway, problem appears to be solved cowboy

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com