by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

May 02, 2024, 03:49:47 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • GTL GTC-76 Fun Race: April 27, 2006
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: GTL GTC-76 Fun Race - 27th April  (Read 9522 times)
Pluginz

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2006, 07:23:12 PM +0100 »

Hello Lads, i never knew all this existed nice to meet you all. I only registered like 3 weeks ago was wondering if it would be ok to join your fun server 2nite?? Im a clean driver and hope somebody can acknowledge this.  Smiley
Don
Blue and Orange Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2006, 07:39:33 PM +0100 »

I can no longer access the online directories of setups, no idea why, it used to work but now it checks my 'subscription' fine but shows a blank area where the different track dirs should be....anyone else suffer this or know of a remedy?

I had the same problem when I tried it last week! Haven't tried it since then so not sure if it was a one off.
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2006, 07:43:02 PM +0100 »

Hello Lads, i never knew all this existed nice to meet you all. I only registered like 3 weeks ago was wondering if it would be ok to join your fun server 2nite?? Im a clean driver and hope somebody can acknowledge this.  Smiley

Hi Pluginz, you're welcome to join us tonight, I'll be the one getting lapped at the back, wave as you pass me. Cheesy

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2006, 07:44:54 PM +0100 »

greetings Pluginz...see you on track  Cool

Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2006, 08:06:58 PM +0100 »

B'ah was going to take the 911 but might give the 906 a try too as i havent driven it yet. Any setup tips ?

Put the coast differential up high to stop the car's rear coming out on you as you change down. Try to avoid changing down at high revs in at all whilst driving, it's vicious like that. Other than that, just the usual really.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
Pluginz

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2006, 08:08:46 PM +0100 »

Hehe thanks man, ok will see you guys lateron
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2006, 09:54:45 PM +0100 »

Was a fun race in the end. Diced with Paul early on and got the better of him lap 1?2? After following me for a few laps (I was faster through the rest of the circuit mostly and Paul was faster down the straight in the Capri) Paul made a lunge into T1 and couldn't make it. I watched him sail by and give me about 6 seconds advantage. With about 5 laps to go Paul had caught me up again and we had a good battle for 2nd. Eventually Paul just got close enough out the final turn and had me on the straight. I tried my best to get back at him, was all over him that lap and the next, but then the final lap I made a mistake near the end (just minor-ish) and that gave Paul the final advantage.

Good fight Paul, very enjoyable.  laugh

Good win Jon, class of your own u alien penguin!  Tongue Grin

That 906 was great for 5 laps then the tyres went very hot i guess as it was just understeering so badly in the fast turns i was constantly tapping the brakes to try and get the damn thing to turn.  Huh

I must say the one thing I don't understand is the grid was very close in lap times, yet the field seems to spread out very quickly. I was again expecting a close race with a lot of people but ended up being just me and Paul. Odd, not sure how that happens. When we are this close in GTR we stick together much more so. I'm trying to work out why it would be different in GTL and I just don't see it. Any ideas? Shocked

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
ginsters sponsored
Grey Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2006, 10:06:02 PM +0100 »

Sorry for feck up Aagramn, hope it didn't ruin your race. No excuse, but now I have found a 76 car that I can finally drive and, want to practice in, there should be no more mistakes.

Tonight I reallised how tough its going to be getting a fair league going. Had Panteras and Capris wizzing past me, and I was wizzing past the 911's. Pick the bones out of that.

Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2006, 10:11:31 PM +0100 »

good fun, not raced the GTL cars for an age and had never raced the 906 before. Hard work for 28 laps !

Got on the pace quite quick and was 2nd in praccy and 6th in qually, so not bad going, setting a new pb by over a second Shocked

Race started well, kept pace with the front 5 for quite a few laps, then a pantera lost it moving me upto 5th. Stayed like that for quite a few laps, then had a squiggly moment through the uphill chicane and Dave G was able to nick past in his capri. Then had a good battle with him for a few laps until he pulled out a gap and started challenging Paul968, whereby i followed them both closely for a while before a half slide lost me some time and Greg and Flybri shot past.  Sad
Then caught the pair of them in next few laps until they both fell off one by one and i was back to my 5th place where i stayed for about 10 laps.
Then with 3 laps to go and the gap to the guys in front down to 5 seconds, i lost the front end through that bugger uphill chicane again and Greg stole my place, da swine! Wink  chased him like a madman for the last 3 laps and we had a photo finish across the line  Cool....you looked like you so nearly lost it Greg ! but you held on and grabbed the place...i felt mugged ! Roll Eyes
Came home 6th.

Aagramn
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2006, 10:20:24 PM +0100 »

No big deal SBG, I had a very enjoyable race in the end fighting my way through the field. Unfortunately I'm having trouble uploading the replay, my battle with Tyf's komedy korvette could make for very interesting viewing.  Shocked I was all over the back of him for several laps, getting badly held up in the twisty section. I managed to squeeze past on the inside of the first corner a couple times, only for the 600 BHP monster to leave me standing on the straight. Finally managed to squeeze past somewhere, and pull out just enough of a gap to hold him off into T1. Very pleased both to make the pass and avoid any contact while we were sliding around all over the place.  Smiley Finshed 8th in the end.

Good win by Jon, and good pace by Pluginz to take second on the grid - shame you got a disco.  Sad
« Last Edit: April 27, 2006, 10:25:49 PM +0100 by Aagramn » Logged

Team Shark

GT Rank Name: Michael Bennett

The correct procedure is brake-swear, not swear-brake.
Paul968
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2006, 10:24:07 PM +0100 »

As Simon said, good fun. Took the Capri as I'd not tried it before in a race, and it turned out to be a good choice with all the 906s on show. Not faster, but an interesting contrast. Lap one I had no grip and gave up a place to Simon, but as things settled down I was able to get back on terms. He had the edge round the back and I got it all back on the straight. The only odd thing was that I gained under braking into T1, and this was my undoing - when I did get a run, I took a dive down the inside thinking I had the advantage but broke too hard, lost control and slid wide. When I recovered Dave G was all over my tail and took the place while I was off balance, but I got it back soon after and went after Simon. He was clearly struggling and I caught up with half a dozen laps left. The eventual pass was easy enough into T1, but I wasn't prepared for the way he fought back - nice one Simon, but where did you find the extra pace? You certainly made me work for it!  sweatdrop

Paul
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2006, 10:25:32 PM +0100 »

Hehe thanks man, ok will see you guys lateron

I guess you were disco'd early on Huh - had to make a rather too interesting manoeuver on the main straight to avoid your stranded car. Shocked laugh

A race of two halves for me - good early running with FlyBri's 911 and Mark Jonzo's 906 which I muscled my way past after a mistake round the back of the circuit. Then Paul968 also went off ahead, giving me a brief but adrenaline-filled run ahead of him before he eeked out a gap of a few seconds which I could just about maintain but could make no impression on him.

FlyBri must've had a pretty good view of me getting into a tank slapper and slapping the barriers on the front straight when I took my hands off the wheel for a few seconds to take my fleece off 'cause I was boiling! scared laugh

Then sometime between half distance and lap 20 the tyres suddenly gave up the ghost and I had to back off 1-1.5 seconds a lap just to avoid going off. Had to keep to that pace until the end but luckily the guys behind weren't in a position to catch and harass me. sweatdrop

For such a short track, 28 laps seemed like an eternity!
« Last Edit: April 27, 2006, 10:28:52 PM +0100 by Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer » Logged

JonM_uk

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2006, 10:31:25 PM +0100 »

Had a PB in qually 1.09.9 was pretty happy with that. The 906 just seems so easy to drive, my tyres seemed to settle down after about 8 laps and was able to drive 1.11's easy for the whole race. I had 1 spin but had enough of a lead for it not to matter. It does seem strange that of all the GTL races I've never really had any battles. I suppose in GTR we all know our cars and what the opposition are probably going to do so we can get a bit closer n stuff. Maybe we just need more races on tracks we're used to in cars we're used to. There is a massive difference in straight line speed and cornering speed in most cars, this could help to the lack of close racing. You could be with a 10th of a second in qually but able to block a car off in the race till you get to a straight and burn off then the car behind will never get another chance to get close enough to have a real go without putting yourself and the other car in danger. But really...I ain't got a clue why.

Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2006, 10:45:00 PM +0100 »

The eventual pass was easy enough into T1, but I wasn't prepared for the way he fought back - nice one Simon, but where did you find the extra pace? You certainly made me work for it!  sweatdrop

Not sure really Paul. Bit of adrenaline and prepared to take a few more risks to keep up with you. Knew I only had 2 laps to get back at you and thought I might be able to get round the outside in a few places, but thought better of it. I just gave it an extra 10% once you went past.

I could brake later into T1 than I was letting on, but I didn't really want to brake that late unless I had to as it's so easy to just miss time it and, well you know what can happen  Wink.

In hindsidght I would have changed a few more things on the setup, I had taken too much brake pressure off and the extra gearing I added for the straight to take advantage of any slipstreams I could get really wasn't worth it as I never got a chance to get a slipstream, it just made me a little slower at the top end. Need more stiffness at the back too to get round the corners. Still you live and you learn.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2006, 10:50:51 PM +0100 »

Replay and results up.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2006, 10:57:26 PM +0100 by Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com