by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

May 02, 2024, 07:12:48 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Power and Glory skins and stand-alones  (Read 2333 times)
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« on: January 14, 2009, 09:22:25 AM +0000 »

For the full guide go here:-

http://www.nogripracing.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22680

TinMan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2009, 07:25:41 PM +0000 »

I've skinned cars in the past(and may do so for P&G2) but the standard 'plain' cars just look so right to me - they really enhance the period feel.
I would be interested to know what others think.

TC
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2009, 07:29:21 PM +0000 »

Wait till we do some  Grin

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2009, 08:27:59 AM +0000 »

Nooooo !!!...keep your filthy day-glo Green paws off these historic beauties !  scared  2guns

Wink

I agree with Tinman, these simple paintschemes are more 'au natural' especially for the 60's cars. They didnt start to get plastered in sponsors colours and stickers until the 70's really.

Mr_B.A.Baracus

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2009, 08:30:47 AM +0000 »

Maybe you should just put/change numbers on the sides of the cars so they can be distinguished in replays more easily. Do you guys already have set numbers for drivers? If not, might be worth doing, much easier than doing a full skin!

"Racing is life, everything before or after is just waiting"
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2009, 08:56:05 AM +0000 »

Nooooo !!!...keep your filthy day-glo Green paws off these historic beauties !  scared  2guns

Wink

I agree with Tinman, these simple paintschemes are more 'au natural' especially for the 60's cars. They didnt start to get plastered in sponsors colours and stickers until the 70's really.
Were thinking about adding Walt Disney characters to each car in a carefully themed kinda way, or Simpsons

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

mr_oily
Former Moderators

www.steelsnaps.co.uk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2009, 09:11:45 AM +0000 »

lol
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2009, 10:06:05 AM +0000 »

Maybe you should just put/change numbers on the sides of the cars so they can be distinguished in replays more easily. Do you guys already have set numbers for drivers? If not, might be worth doing, much easier than doing a full skin!

Thats a good idea !  Smiley

As for Team blinking prodigys colours, i reckon we should call in the FIA for quality control standards...FIA being Federation (against) Insane Artists  Grin

BillThomas

We will rock you! Rock on.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2009, 11:49:27 AM +0000 »

Yeap I support  that.  thumbup2

Bill

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Another one bites the dust
Tibernius
Director, AC
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2009, 01:14:55 PM +0000 »

Wink

Well that exact shade of green was used in the 60s, so it is still vintage. Smiley

Alex vV

Gentleman Driver

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2009, 07:44:23 PM +0000 »

Wink

Well that exact shade of green was used in the 60s, so it is still vintage. Smiley

thumbup1

Do I understand correctly that we can re-use our current GTL skins for PnG Huh

Tibernius
Director, AC
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2009, 07:54:58 PM +0000 »

They might need slight modification, but I think they'll still work. Depends how much, if at all, the template's changed.
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2009, 10:58:53 PM +0000 »

I've converted most of my own GTL cars across to P&G and found that they'll all work but can be fiddly, as they are fussy over what is and isn't in the mask file.
Easy enough to do but can be frustrating at first  Smiley

The templates are unchanged, all new body parts are contained in the mask file apparently  Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com