by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

May 02, 2024, 11:43:08 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: IROC - The unofficial championship ...  (Read 7448 times)
Steve Holmes
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2009, 07:41:23 PM +0000 »

Can we have a new track please.  Tongue  A series of 2:23.06s (yes, 3 of em in a row, phew) confirmed that I hate Brno, maybe the worst track for me of all I've raced on, just can't deal with the endless tightening corners.

Car's fun, lots of sideways action, but lets try a fast and flowing track.  Smiley

Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2009, 08:12:43 PM +0000 »

Great time Paul, im guessing you have the front pretty soft then if your not getting decent front tyre temps Undecided I am getting 195kpa in mine okay using only the 90 front springs and 2.10 front ARB. Put some air in your tyres  Wink

well my next choice of track was going to be either Donington or Magny Cours, but i was waiting to see if anyone broke into the 21's. Paul has but he is a Jedi behind the wheel  Wink
Only a few have even responded so far, so was leaving it open for others to attempt, if interested.

So where to next? Magny or Doni ?

Paul968
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2009, 10:48:57 PM +0000 »

Soft or hard, seemed to make no difference  Huh

Don't care where we go next, except that chicanes are rather dull so please avoid them if possible. Oh, and flat out blasts with the odd 90 deg bend aint that good either.
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2009, 08:28:04 AM +0000 »

except that chicanes are rather dull so please avoid them if possible. 

Shocked Huh odd statement for a racing fan ! That doesnt leave too many tracks

Wouldnt mind seeing your timetrial or trying your setup Paul. I expect its more your car control than anything ive got too wrong setup wise but be interesting to see where your making time up on me at Brno.

How about Doni National next ? Only 1 chicane at end of lap to deal with  Wink

Paul968
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2009, 08:41:01 AM +0000 »

Shocked Huh odd statement for a racing fan ! That doesnt leave too many tracks

Chicanes were added mostly for safety reasons, not to improve the spectacle. I find them rather annoying because there is only one line through them, so they actually reduce overtaking in my view.

I don't have a TT saved, but you are wlecome to try my setup - I have no idea what the right pressures should be and tried various combinations with little change, so don't read too much into them. I'll upload it as iroc ph.

How about Doni National next ? Only 1 chicane at end of lap to deal with

Fine :-) Quite happy to try less well known tracks though.
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2009, 08:48:02 AM +0000 »

Fine :-) Quite happy to try less well known tracks though.

Name names m'sieur, i am open to suggestions Smiley though nothing too left-field.

Jos Verstappen

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2009, 06:19:15 PM +0000 »

Im fine with doni nat too, like it better then GP.

Not the real Jos Verstappen Tongue
ginsters sponsored
Grey Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2009, 07:26:56 PM +0000 »

It will be add on tracks next up with P & G testing. I'd be interested to hear what you think of some.

Quick tests draw me too this http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=7346 Its one of my GTL faves  Smiley Or Fuji 70 for the strong of nerve?  Wink

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2009, 08:24:07 PM +0000 »

err that link is to a GTL track, needs to be GTR2  Wink

Im happy to test the IROCs at any track !  Paul Ricard would be excellent fun, is there a GTR2 version?

Not sure they have the 'locked' setup options correct for these cars. They have way too little front camber locked in for a racing 911. They generally like a fair bit with some toe thrown in for good measure.

ginsters sponsored
Grey Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2009, 08:29:28 PM +0000 »

err that link is to a GTL track, needs to be GTR2  Wink
Im happy to test the IROCs at any track !  Paul Ricard would be excellent fun, is there a GTR2 version?

Christ, I dont know whether I'm coming or going. There is a 88 version there.

There is a GTR2 Fuji though, that much I did see. Mosport is nice in GPL, I'll give that a go next.

FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2009, 10:48:34 PM +0000 »

I'll have to give this a go  Grin Don't have a clue how to get around Brno though as don't think I've ever driven it...
If a P&G championship should show signs of getting off the ground can someone give me a nudge though please. As I rarely venture out of UKGPL's dark domain  ninja
ginsters sponsored
Grey Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2009, 10:58:39 PM +0000 »

To be truthfull, that is a shocking car/track combo MJ  angel (Tis nice to have the boot on the other foot for a change Wink) Didn't have much fun in the 911 there.

Of the add on tracks I've tried I liked 1977 Mosport and Nelson Ledges Road Course. They both suit the faster machinery and I'd be interested to hear your thoughts/times. Only concern is that they are a tad narrow.

FMG you are, of course, welcome to join our regular P & G testing slots which will be switched to a Monday in a couple of weeks. Its not an official championship but this lot never do "friendlies" Wink

Paul968
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2009, 11:42:14 PM +0000 »

Come on then SBG - spill the beans! What was the time?
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2009, 09:08:12 AM +0000 »

To be truthfull, that is a shocking car/track combo MJ  angel (Tis nice to have the boot on the other foot for a change Wink) Didn't have much fun in the 911 there.

Judging by that comment i'd say his time was pretty cwap  Wink  laugh

SBG, Brno was merely the first track in a series to chuck the IROCS around in a laptime test challenge, not the best but not the worst track for them. I thought they were great fun around here with quality power drifts around some of the turns, holding it on the throttle and not overcooking it. However, tracks with crests/dips are never kind to old 911s due to the lightweight front end.

Anyone done any laps at another track yet? Did say i was going to try Doni National but not had a chance yet.

ginsters sponsored
Grey Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2009, 10:10:20 AM +0000 »

Lmao, you may have been rather perceptive there MJ Wink I'll do it again before I embarrass myself in public.

As regards your next selection, it would help me if you chose Mosport as that looks likely to be the next destination for testing. I really like the badder Cobra around there and will be working out what is on similar pace. You could help me with IROC times Smiley

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com