by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

May 02, 2024, 09:15:26 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • L12SCC Nürburgring: March 19, 2012
March 19, 2012, 08:45:09 PM +0000 - Nürburgring (Nordschleife) - UKGTL Season 12 Shelby AC Cobra Challenge
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Hristo Itchov
 Team Oldie Racing
Shelby Cobra 289 (#63011) GTC-65 1 36:24.131
93.451mph
4 8:55.399
95.307mph
Goodyear  
Navin R Johnson
 TEAM-GTLDK
Shelby Cobra 289 (#64098) GTC-65 1 9:03.623
93.865mph
2 +14.950
92.816mph
4 9:02.693
94.026mph
Goodyear  
Pelle_B
 TEAM-GTLDK
Shelby Cobra 289 (#63024) GTC-65 3 +41.287
91.717mph
4 9:08.760
92.987mph
Goodyear  
M Cinderby
 Team Oldie Racing
Shelby Cobra 289 (#64098) GTC-65 2 +21.145
90.351mph
4 +1:13.089
90.425mph
4 9:21.209
90.924mph
Goodyear  
Ade
 Kerb Crawlers
Shelby Cobra 289 (#63096) GTC-65 5 +1:56.320
88.726mph
4 9:22.015
90.794mph
Goodyear  
purdie
 Legends Racing
AC Cobra 289 (#63004) GTC-65 6 +3:11.007
85.936mph
4 9:31.913
89.222mph
Dunlop  
Wiltshire Tony
 Toyland Racing
AC Cobra 289 (#66053) GTC-65 4 +1:01.830
84.280mph
7 +5:09.629
81.848mph
4 10:04.197
84.455mph
Dunlop  
Kenn
 Dummer Racing
AC Cobra 260 (#62198) GTC-65 8 +6:52.244
78.613mph
4 10:20.658
82.215mph
Dunlop  
BillThomas
 Kerb Crawlers
AC Cobra 289 (#63004) GTC-65 9 +7:55.854
76.733mph
4 10:29.292
81.087mph
Dunlop  
SpecialKS
 TEAM-GTLDK
AC Cobra 289 (#66053) GTC-65 3 +46.768
86.430mph
10 +1L 3 10:01.280
84.865mph
suspension
Dunlop  
Alex Dummer
 Dummer Racing
AC Cobra 289 (#64099) GTC-65 11 +3L 1 10:54.816
77.926mph
suspension
Dunlop  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Season 12 Shelby AC Cobra Challenge - Nürburgring (Nordschleife) - Mar 19  (Read 18142 times)
Navin R Johnson

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2012, 06:30:24 AM +0000 »

Thank you Hristo for the setups Cool. It a long boring Wink story of how I cannot get or share setups online in GTL but it will be great to see how you like to setup the chassis Grin. As far as the race goes I'm getting more than tired of saying sorry to losing it right in front of you Hristo Sad. But perhaps it's my secret strategy to psych you out by letting you know "hey buddy...You get to close.. I will wipe you out!! Tongue" . Just kidding.. and seriously the hard thing for me is I pride myself for making sure at the very least not to screw up other peoples races and this is two times in a row for a series that I've dumped myself at a critical moment when Hristo is so close and committed that I end up taking us both out. Then poor Pelle came around the blind corner to have me sitting right on the racing line almost stopped. BANG!! Hit very hard from behind so Pelle's car was not going to be fast anymore Embarrassed Sorry for that. And even after we all got going I think Hristo's car was a little screwy because mine was certainly not 100% and I could stay with him for the next 2 laps. I also messed up in qualy when I tried to drive through Tony on the last corner before the long back straight Embarrassed  Sorry for that too. At least that damage didn't carry on in the race Undecided.. I have to be hard on myself because I just haven't been putting the time in and therefore my race performances are suffering. To say the least. This needs to change... Not too long ago I went almost an entire year without a major accident to myself or to anyone else. I don't like this run of incidents I've been on at all...It's not about being faster or winning. It's about driving like a professional and stop being a jackass driving over your head...
SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2012, 08:45:26 AM +0000 »

:'(

Lost a lot of places on start but was able to regain 6th place during first laps as the Dummers, Tony and Purdie made mistakes
and was running smoothly hoping for a good finish.
At the end of lap two suddenly a new advertising popup of Avira let me completely loose control over the game (sceen disappeared
in the taskbar) for about 10 seconds - fortunately on the long straight so without further damage except that I had completey lost rhythm and concentration.
So Purdie passed me at the beginning of lap three when I had a turner due to lack of concentration.
Could regain my mood and hoped for a easy finish on seventh place when in lap 4 just after the Kallenhard corner (mysteriously one of
my favorite places as a spectator at the Nordschleife  Huh) I had a slight issue with the curbs and left track into the woods turning around. When trying to reenter the track I chose the wrong direction - caused by disorientation by the turner - and ended up in the nirvana.

So the event on my hometrack did not end up in any kind of happy end but it's always a great pleasure to drive the Nordschleife.

Congratulations to the podium, all finishers and especially to Bill who obviously managed to run a smooth and constant race without much practice - just for fun, as he said punk
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 08:48:45 AM +0000 by SpecialKS » Logged

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
purdie
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2012, 10:34:49 AM +0000 »

Quite a mad car/track combo for my first time back in GTL for a while  Smiley first time I have ever 'got' the Cobra and really enjoyed it. Also thought this version of the nords was fantastic, I took a 917 out after the race!

Unlucky Eifelblitz, we were swapping places and were lined up for a good finale!

Great driving and I hope to be more regular in this and PnG now  Smiley

BillThomas

We will rock you! Rock on.

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2012, 10:53:19 AM +0000 »

:'(

Congratulations to the podium, all finishers and especially to Bill who obviously managed to run a smooth and constant race without much practice - just for fun, as he said punk

That's how I get my driving kicks now , cheaper than replacing my old faithful A210 Evo or buying a track car - zero maintenance.  thumbup1

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Another one bites the dust
BillThomas

We will rock you! Rock on.

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2012, 10:59:27 AM +0000 »

Thanks Tony, chuffed new PB - over a minute faster over night.  Hard work, over 2.5 hours of concentration with short break to stretch legs and unwind.
You will be driving it in your sleep now Bill  Smiley

Sorted.  Have TV and twin decoder recorder (500 Gb hard drive) in guests bedroom - vacant 90 odd percent of time.  Watch a recording until eye lids start to close surrender  then off to bed and sleep.  sleep1

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Another one bites the dust
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2012, 01:22:41 PM +0000 »

Not a bad result for me last night. Just took a steady eddie approach and managed to finish which was my main goal. Pretty lonely affair with a brief spell of racing with Kenn at some point. But he went off and I passed and carried on. Earlier I had one major off, where the track turns right then you pass under the first bridge. I left the track there and went off into the countryside. Amazed that I didn't get nivana'd. But after reversing I couldn't find the track again, dam bushes. Helpfully I saw the Dummer boys pass by and so was able to relocate and rejoin the track.

Strangely I never really liked the Cobra but I'm finding driving her in this series a lot of fun, most odd.

Next ones at Riverside, should be good fun  Cool

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

M Cinderby

Mutleeeeeeeey Get Me Out Of Here!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2012, 01:59:31 PM +0000 »

Tongue Even with H's set up I failed to make any impression on the top 3 whom were in a race of their own by miles. I have never been competitive here I tend to get brain fade mid-lap and just cant remember where I am or what my name is!!!  Roll Eyes Sign of old age creeping in I guess.  Roll Eyes If Ade had made an effort to keep up we could have played who can do the best skid for 40 min's.  Grin Anyways fairly happy to be first none alien finisher in P4.............Cheers guys.  Wink
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 02:02:54 PM +0000 by M Cinderby » Logged
Pelle_B

Bang & Olufsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2012, 03:44:05 PM +0000 »

Grats Hristo & NRJ  thumbup1

Practice:
Sry I perhaps was not as active in chat, but I spend too much time trying to fix the setup...& I hate Cobra  Roll Eyes
A little surprised by the FIA ​​model is not as fast than the original 289. NRJ & I tested & I had no chance to keep up. Especially topspeed, it almost died in the fourth gear & changed to org 289 & it was much better...with the same setup.  Wink

Qual:
Still working on the setup & never managed to put a time. The last corrections had to be tested in the race!!!

Race:
Setup seemed ok & after a little figth with Mark (hehe) I was on the second place already behind pit & NRJ in front, perfect for TEAM-GTLDK. Unfortunately, Hristo coming up...& I take a trip far into the woods, but comes back close behind. laugh
When I come out of the second carousel, I discover NRJ & Hristo messing around...trying to pass between & the worst happens, I smash NRJ hard behind 'ARGH' shame for us all. Again, race is unpredictable Cheesy
I feared most about our cars, who was most difficult to drive over 3 laps more. We lacked only the long right turn before the straight & here I felt it was not good with my car...it was here I had to relax before the next lap, but the car had trouble just driving straight.

Very nice we could all keep to the finish line...with our broken cars  thumbup2

@KS: Unfortunate...do not like me (run on grass & take in the woods) there may be black holes  Wink

Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2012, 04:45:22 PM +0000 »

Don't worry about it, Navin, it was just a racing incident, you didn't do it on purpose. I often get that corner (the small Karussel) wrong as well and the usual outcome is a spin like the one you had.

I want to raise up two questions about issues which have bothered me yesterday:

1) Why did the session switch from Qualifying to Race even though I had started a flying lap before the session was over? Are we running on settings which don't allow you to finish your lap after the timer has gone zero? And if yes, why? I was having a great lap but instead had to start at the back because of that.

2) I remember Tony telling me chatting is not allowed, yet people were chatting a lot during Qualifying and particularly when the session ended but I was still on my flying lap. I don't want to do this, but I might be forced to turn off my in-car chat because it's very distracting.

As for the race, it was quite enjoyable and I had a nice battle with Pelle and Navin for most of the distance. These cars seem to fit the track so well and it felt like driving a rally stage, so as Mark pointed out in practice, it was a race against the track more than a race against other drivers.

Grats to all who made it to the finish!

-=Hristo=-

M Cinderby

Mutleeeeeeeey Get Me Out Of Here!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2012, 06:49:24 PM +0000 »

Don't worry about it, Navin, it was just a racing incident, you didn't do it on purpose. I often get that corner (the small Karussel) wrong as well and the usual outcome is a spin like the one you had.

1) Why did the session switch from Qualifying to Race even though I had started a flying lap before the session was over? Are we running on settings which don't allow you to finish your lap after the timer has gone zero? And if yes, why? I was having a great lap but instead had to start at the back because of that.

Smiley I have been cut off mid quali lap many times in GTL I think its standard........Not like F1!!!  Smiley
Pelle_B

Bang & Olufsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2012, 07:22:36 PM +0000 »

Smiley I have been cut off mid quali lap many times in GTL I think its standard........Not like F1!!!  Smiley

Not Like F1...& GPL  Grin
Another thing is also annoying...you must run a full lap before qual lap starts. When I set the server in GPL, I use the ring trainer (you started on the grass just before the karrusel #2) but I don't think it exists for GTL.  Huh

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2012, 07:32:51 PM +0000 »

The on-line mechanics of GTL only allow us to preset an amount of qually time, in most races this is 20 minutes. There is no mechanism "built in" for allowing drivers to finish their laps once the timer has reached it's allotted time. Sometimes you can be lucky and just cross the line before the software switches to the next session as there does seem to be a degree of grace in the system. How much? I simply don't know. As this track is much longer than our usual circuits it was harder to get a "quick" lap in. Perhaps I should have designated a random grid instead of a qually session.

2) I remember Tony telling me chatting is not allowed, yet people were chatting a lot during Qualifying and particularly when the session ended but I was still on my flying lap. I don't want to do this, but I might be forced to turn off my in-car chat because it's very distracting.

I do try to moderate the amount of natter but I don't want to be too strict especially during qually sessions. Were here to have fun after all and I think some drivers enjoy the banter pre-race. During the race I hope that everyone appreciates that unnecessary talk can be off-putting and I would take steps to mention this in post race reporting if I felt it had been disproportionate. I'm sorry you felt that your concentration was disturbed.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2012, 07:34:14 PM +0000 »

Smiley I have been cut off mid quali lap many times in GTL I think its standard........Not like F1!!!  Smiley

Not Like F1...& GPL  Grin
Another thing is also annoying...you must run a full lap before qual lap starts. When I set the server in GPL, I use the ring trainer (you started on the grass just before the karrusel #2) but I don't think it exists for GTL.  Huh

There is a way to start the lap without doing a full lap. It's a proper tarmac road so I don't consider it cheating.

SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2012, 08:06:21 PM +0000 »

Smiley I have been cut off mid quali lap many times in GTL I think its standard........Not like F1!!!  Smiley

Not Like F1...& GPL  Grin
Another thing is also annoying...you must run a full lap before qual lap starts. When I set the server in GPL, I use the ring trainer (you started on the grass just before the karrusel #2) but I don't think it exists for GTL.  Huh

There is a way to start the lap without doing a full lap. It's a proper tarmac road so I don't consider it cheating.

Accidentally I found out during practice that in this version of the Nordschleife the "Betonschleife" could be used to shorten the warm-up lap and posted that twice in the chat.
Maybe the name "Betonschleife" was not known to most of you guys or my English was mistakable - sorry for that.

Here's a link for better understanding: http://www.etracksonline.co.uk/Europe/Germany/nurburgring27-66bet.html
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 08:08:31 PM +0000 by SpecialKS » Logged

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: March 20, 2012, 08:08:39 PM +0000 »

Thanks, I guess on shorter tracks there was just enough time to finish a lap before it switched to next session, so I didn't notice. In fact it's the same by default for rFactor but there is an option in one of the config files to change that. I couldn't find the same for GTL though, even though it's the same game engine.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com