Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
May 02, 2024, 07:59:49 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTR car and skin packs 2.9.1.0 released - get ready for Season 9!  (Read 4917 times)
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« on: January 20, 2009, 07:55:05 AM +0000 »

Download them from here. The server has been updated with the new packs; there are no major changes, just some tweaks, especially to the fastest and slowest GTC cars, to try and bring them closer together in performance.

We'll do an official non-championship race at everybody's favourite track, Enna Pergusa, this coming Sunday, as a final check that everything is okay, before beginning the new season on the following Tuesday.

Because we haven't been able to get the GT3 cars ready in time, the season will be structured as follows:
Upper SprintGT1
Lower Sprint GT2
Upper EnduranceGT1/GT2 mixed class
Lower EnduranceGTC
Endurance will continue to be 80 minutes and have changeable weather; both Sprints will now run with fixed weather based on the real world conditions at the start of the race and will be 40 minutes in length.

Rather than delay the season, I've decided to start now without any team skins for the new cars; we will inevitably need some balancing tweaks at mid-season so hopefully we'll be able to get skinning templates and updated instructions out in time for a major update then.

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2009, 08:03:47 AM +0000 »

ps. If you have recent (2.8.9.1) GT1 and GT2 skin packs installed you don't need to download the updated skins - you still need the car physics pack though. You'll probably want to update the GTC skin pack from 2.8.9.2 to 2.9.1.0 to get the Team Oldie Morgan (which had no UKGTR car class - tut tut laugh).

Busi

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2009, 10:00:29 AM +0000 »

Great stuff, can't wait Grin

So the Sprints remain on Tuesday and Endurances on Sunday?

Thanks a lot for all the work done Smiley

"To finish first, first you have to finish"

http://gtr2.gplrank.info/viewLaptimesbyUserId?user_id=29287
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2009, 10:23:22 AM +0000 »

So the Sprints remain on Tuesday and Endurances on Sunday?

Yep. I'll get some race annoucements posted soonly.

Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2009, 10:39:43 AM +0000 »

We'll do an official non-championship race at everybody's favourite track, Enna Pergusa ...

Hit with a wet fish
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2009, 10:52:17 AM +0000 »

yeah where half the field will be wrecked in first two laps making a test pointless  Wink  Grin

Madd-RIP

Power and Glory slave

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2009, 12:13:53 PM +0000 »

I thought we usually had a deadline for skins for a new season, or has it been ongoing?
What is the deadline gor GTL?

Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2009, 01:21:56 PM +0000 »

I thought we usually had a deadline for skins for a new season, or has it been ongoing?

No new skins until half time - see the Season 9 announcement post elsewhere.

What is the deadline gor GTL?

No idea. But I think I volunteered to do it. Cheesy

Paul968
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2009, 02:20:35 PM +0000 »

Dave, sorry if I'm being thick, but is the GTC viper CC just a Viper CC with no changes? Seems odd that H@l got pole with it in the recent race if it is, or is it just that H@l has mutated into an alien in my absence?
Paul968
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2009, 02:28:25 PM +0000 »

Ah, I see - the weight is much lower than a CC. The showroom weight for the standard CC is messed up and shows as 1150 or something when it should be 1445.
linco24

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2009, 02:31:39 PM +0000 »

So, is that a mistake then?

Should it be heavier?
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2009, 02:49:19 PM +0000 »

Seems odd that H@l got pole with it in the recent race if it is, or is it just that H@l has mutated into an alien in my absence?

I think you'll find Hal is considerably quicker than he used to be. I can't get anywhere near him any more. :'(

ps. I really must say a big thank you to Psuedo Bob and his elves for the enourmous amount of hard work which has gone into the add on cars for this season. It was far more than I could ever have taken on myself.
clap

Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2009, 02:50:08 PM +0000 »

So, is that a mistake then?

Should it be heavier?

You should never trust the showroom specs. The ballast script makes an attempt to correct them but some of them are quite wrong to start with...

H@L9000
Director, UKGTR
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2009, 03:24:49 PM +0000 »

I think you'll find Hal is considerably quicker than he used to be. I can't get anywhere near him any more. :'(

You are too kind Smiley

Don't worry Paul, you could still beat me with 2 friends in the car for ballast Wink

The Viper GTC feels so alive compared to the old GT3 version. It is still difficult to manage the front tyres but it actually grips the road now and the brakes actually do something Grin I did enjoy driving it anyway with its 'steer With the rear wheels' style but now it is much more fun. I ended up doing allot of practise for the last few races as I enjoyed it so much.

The other GTC cars seemed faster on entering a corner but, the viper at Zhuhai was all about getting the power down early enough for the straights. I had to manage the amount of spin in the rear wheels especially on up shift. I had to put the rev limit down a bit and when the race was damp at the start, I also put the pre-load up from 1 to 2. As it turned out this helped in the dry as well Smiley

Yep, awesome job Bob Cheesy

Open the Pod Bay door please H@L...
Paul968
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2009, 03:37:48 PM +0000 »

Sounds like it is a bit of the car and a bit of you making the difference H@l. I'm a long way off my best pace at the moment anyway, but at least the GTR2 car model doesn't feel wrong to me like it did last summer. There are some really interesting choices in GTC now - the exige, the 430 and the 997 cup all feel very alive. The v8 vertigo feels like a blunt instrument though, and the aston feels very heavy and lumbering. The spyker is very keen to turn in, but that stupid A pillar ruins the experience.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com