Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
May 02, 2024, 08:26:54 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTR Season 14  (Read 3599 times)
H@L9000
Director, UKGTR
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« on: November 14, 2010, 07:58:16 PM +0000 »

Important information regarding season 14.

GTR2/GTR Evo poll here:
https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=8637.0

We have been discussing new car mods here:
https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=8456.0

So far I have been looking into testing LMPs. Here is the information so far:
https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=8456.msg153160#msg153160

I will keep people updated on the findings. Smiley

Open the Pod Bay door please H@L...
H@L9000
Director, UKGTR
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2010, 12:49:19 AM +0000 »

First test race for the SuperGT 500 mod this weekend:

https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=8740#event2515

Still trying to obtain permission for the LMP2s. Sad

lazlow

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2010, 04:28:35 PM +0000 »

Thanks for the update H@L.

H@L9000
Director, UKGTR
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2010, 06:07:34 PM +0000 »

Second test race for the SuperGT 500 mod this weekend (Dec 19 2010):

https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=8771.0

H@L9000
Director, UKGTR
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2010, 01:17:09 AM +0000 »

New Year special event:
https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=8803#event2526

H@L9000
Director, UKGTR
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2011, 04:47:08 PM +0000 »

I was hoping to have season 14 under way by now but, it has taken me ages to look for some other good stuff to add. I have come into a few problems with some of the cars and tracks that I have been looking at.

I have not tried very hard with the LMPs after encountering difficulties with contacting the authors but, I will get back on the case with this.

GTR Evo can be used but, we need to organise buying the game for the SROuk server and it will need to be the steam version which is currently £14 (ouch, I should have got 2 copies when it was £4 a few weeks ago Sad).

This is not official yet but, the current plan for season 14 is 8 races with SuperGT500, 4 races with GTR Evo and 4 races with GT2s. So that would be a full season of SuperGT with one race every other week and the GT2 and Evo races being both half championships. GT2s in the second half of the season giving me more time to add a GT2 or 2.

At least 2 people are looking at adding a skin or 2 as well so I would like to organise a skin pack update for the GT2s, SuperGTs and GTR Evo cars.

Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2011, 06:06:13 PM +0000 »

Well done H@L, appreciate all the work your putting in behind the scenes. Smiley

Regarding skins, can i request that we have some 'race themed' skins added into the skin pack for those unfortunate not to have team skinned car models ? ie some decent ones off No-grip or default game skins. Got fed up with having to drive plain white cars last couple of seasons and it makes the grid look naff seeing several of them too, plus any privateers can use them that are not in teams. Only has to be 1 or 2 for the main car types.

Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2011, 07:20:43 PM +0000 »

Well done H@l, I'm eagerly awaiting next season. Will you also buy Race'07 for yourself then? Wink
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2011, 07:31:56 PM +0000 »

Still looking forward to it, whenever it starts!

Can i suggest we do a few GTRevo fun races then as well as GTR2 ones. It would give us some experience with it in anger.

Regarding skins, can i request that we have some 'race themed' skins added into the skin pack for those unfortunate not to have team skinned car models ? ie some decent ones off No-grip or default game skins. Got fed up with having to drive plain white cars last couple of seasons and it makes the grid look naff seeing several of them too, plus any privateers can use them that are not in teams. Only has to be 1 or 2 for the main car types.

Sounds like a man that needs to learn how to use Photoshop!

I dont mind helping out on the skins. Though sorting ouletting everyone do skins might take some time, when were you looking at starting the season.

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2011, 12:08:58 PM +0000 »

Hi,

regarding car skins, i did my own skin last year when i raced in the simworldGT gtr2 championship(the DBR9 in my profile pic!), there is a beginners guide to skinning on their website, here is the address:

http://www.simworldgt.com/?n=Skining_with_GIMP_-_Beginners_guide_+_DDS_plugin_+_gEditor&p=download_details&id=249

It is quite easy to follow, but as with most things, it is finding the time to fit it in! i spent a good few spare evenings by the time i had got the hang of it and done a design i was happy with.

SRW
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2011, 01:54:13 PM +0000 »

Thanks for that SRW, will take a look. Anyone got a simpletons guide to skinning cars using Photoshop though? Ive got the software just not the know-how!  Embarrassed

Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2011, 02:35:10 PM +0000 »

... or you can take the white skins as the new "Legends Racing" team skin. Cheesy
H@L9000
Director, UKGTR
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2011, 02:10:51 PM +0000 »

Season 14 is scheduled to start on Sunday 13th March.

A deadline has been set to enter skins:
https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=8969.0

We will be using SuperGT 500 cars and GT2s. I will only organise 4 GT2 races for now until we see how popular GTR Evo is, leaving the option to switch to Evo for the last 4 races if it is popular.

Currently Planned Race Events:
SuperGT
  Barcelona
  spa
  suzuka
  laguna seca
  silverstone
  Nurbergring
  Portrero
  Road America

GT2
  Mugello
  Algarve
  Brands
  valencia street

The order of the races has not been decided yet and one or two of the tracks may change. I will give a final list some time in the next week or two.

All races will be 1 hour with 2x fuel. We will use normal tyre use for GT2s and 2x tyres use for SuperGTs. Any tracks that we have done several times before will be either night races OR changeable weather races.

In the next three weeks leading up to the start of the season we will have two weeks to do the skins and two more fun races on the Sundays. We will then have one week to check and test skins and a test race for the skin pack will take place on Sunday 6th March. The Sunday after (13th March) will be the first race of season 14.

Feel free to ask if you have any questions.

Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2011, 04:11:20 PM +0000 »

Fine by me. Smiley
Will there be any changes to the car pack or just skines? Smiley
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2011, 04:14:56 PM +0000 »

If anyone wants a skin doing, i'm happy to help.

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com