The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
May 02, 2024, 08:13:12 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • Morgan Challenge: August 08, 2005
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Morgan Challenge - 8th August  (Read 5154 times)
[ZiP]Tyf
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2005, 10:48:01 AM +0100 »

Just had a question about the racing on here guys. Last night I overtook prof in the last lap, last corner. Fozz had spun out there and was happily chatting and having fun, while causing a yellow flag. Prof therefore thought I wasn't going to overtake, which I did. Was I wrong or not?
Watching some Fia GT racing at the moment and the commentator just said that it's a safety issue in real life and therefore should be punished Smiley.

Any thoughts?

T
PaulW

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2005, 11:49:46 AM +0100 »

Haha! I take it ALL back!

Give a man a fish- he'll eat for a day. But give him a fishing rod and... he'll break it up for firewood, or just possibly, swap it for a fish.
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2005, 01:24:39 PM +0100 »

Just had a question about the racing on here guys. Last night I overtook prof in the last lap, last corner. Fozz had spun out there and was happily chatting and having fun, while causing a yellow flag. Prof therefore thought I wasn't going to overtake, which I did. Was I wrong or not?
Watching some Fia GT racing at the moment and the commentator just said that it's a safety issue in real life and therefore should be punished Smiley.

We don't have a hard and fast rule as such because of the difficulty enforcing it, but carried over from UKGPL we do have "lack of care approaching an incident" for drivers who we consider (based on the replay) could clearly see an incident ahead but chose to run into it at full speed instead of slowing down or changing line as a precaution.

Obviously if a driver comes to a grinding halt at an incident "just because" then you aren't "overtaking" them per se.

To finish first, first you must have fins.
[ZiP]Tyf
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2005, 01:31:50 PM +0100 »

Ah ok, I guess my action was allowed then, because Fozz was hugging some lantern post and a fence waaaay off the track, lol, probably been drinking again Wink Cheesy.
Prof better read this too though, so he knows he has to keep the inside line closed next time Wink!

T
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com