The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

May 02, 2024, 07:23:29 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • Fun Race - Anderstorp: May 08, 2005
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fun Race - 4pm Sunday 8th May 2005 - Anderstorp  (Read 12204 times)
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« on: May 06, 2005, 02:44:15 PM +0100 »

Track: Anderstorp
Cars: Free car choice
Weather: Dry
Race Distance: 18% (32 mins)
Server Name: UKGTR (will be broadcast in the lobby)
Password: (usual praccy password)
Time: Qual2 - 4pm, Race - 4:30pm (approx)
Rules: General rules are the same as for any race, e.g no speeding in the pit lane, please familiarise yourself with the rules from the website if you haven't already. Start procedure will still standing start followed by 1 pace lap led at moderate pace by the pole sitter as per normal rules.
Sessions: Are set to non time scaled, so orderly voting is required to move between sessions.

** IMPORTANT NOTES: **
1) The server is up broadcast in the lobby all the time so feel free to join at any time. Please note as part of the testing, outside fun race hours we may need to restart the server to change configuration or update the game in some way. We will try to keep this to a minimum. The password and server name will not change throughout the 3 days unless stated otherwise.
2) This is a trial so if you experience anything wrong, e.g. high pings, can't connect, can't see game in lobby etc, please post in the forums. Try to refrain from using in game chat for reporting this as with large numbers of players this becomes difficult and we would like a record of the problems found. The server will be available for 3 days so don't dispair if you can't connect or join in tonight.
3) During the fun race times, please watch out for messages from one of the admin team. We may be providing instructions during the sessions.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 07:14:59 AM +0100 by Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer » Logged

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2005, 05:35:02 PM +0100 »

Well I don't know what the herring people thought they were doing on the pace lap but suffice to say that's not what we're expecting in terms of driver behaviour in league races! Shocked

I will be reviewing the replay; sadly, once again GTR has let us down and provided only the first 11 minutes of the race.  Angry But I do have a client replay, and I will be looking very closely at the actions of the drivers in mid pack who managed to cause a pile up between turns 3 and 4, and the drivers who managed to cause a second pilup in the final turn before the race had even started. We didn't see this kind of pick up race style driving in Season 0 and I don't know why we're seeing it now, but I intend to stamp it out before Season 1! Angry

I must also apologise to anyone who got caught out by my warping - I forgot to turn on the switch in my hallway so I was (unbeknownst to me) racing over WiFi and not ethernet. Mea maxima culpa. Embarrassed

To finish first, first you must have fins.
popabawa
Legendary Leader
Former Moderators

Less yapping and more lapping!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2005, 05:59:14 PM +0100 »

Dave, happy to report I didn't experience any problems Smiley

I did almost get caught out by your warping, following you into the start/finish straight you had 'stopped' entirely, just as I was getting the gas down! Luckily as I was about to hit the brakes, you warped forward again, that was the entire extent of my problems (apart from my dismal driving).

My first experience of UKGTR racing, really enjoyed it.

Legends Racing simracing team
Paul968
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2005, 06:05:11 PM +0100 »

Dave - any chance of you uploading your client replay?

oh - and to popabawa, it wasn't me who hit you on lap one. I hit Muorali, who on the replay looks like he had a puncture, and after crawling round turns 2 and 3, then got back on the power only to brake rather early for T4 and because of the puncture veer across the track in front of me. Sorry Muorali, but there was nothing i could do to avoid you even having stayed on the right in case you braked.
thx

Paul
Keith_D

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2005, 06:12:01 PM +0100 »

Just wanted to say thanks for the races this weekend guys, monza and anderstorp were my 1st online races with GTR and I throughly enjoyed them, I dont normally get much chance to drive as I leave for nightshift at 9.30 and most of the other races I've seen mentioned dont start till about 9 at night so these were just right for me Smiley

Hopefully I did'nt cause any problem's to anyone, the Monza race seemed to go fine, but I lost it a bit at Anderstorp, too busy looking at a backmarker going off thinking it might have been my fault and missed my brake point, up till then it was going well considering I'd not raced the track before today

Anyway thanks and hope to do it again sometime Smiley

Keith

Aagramn
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2005, 06:17:04 PM +0100 »

Dave's replay might not be very good quality as he was warping, had a scarey moment passing him. I have a replay, but nowhere to upload it to. It's 14MB in size (oddly, winzip doesn't make it any smaller), not sure if that's too big to email.

Enjoyed the race, was very pleased to qualify & finish 2nd, even if that was a slightly false position. Well raced Simon, and Paul to come all the way from the back to 3rd.

As well as the collisions on the warm-up lap, we also had someone spin trying to heat their tyres, and I was overtaken coming off the grid despite the fact I got away on the light this time.

Team Shark

GT Rank Name: Michael Bennett

The correct procedure is brake-swear, not swear-brake.
popabawa
Legendary Leader
Former Moderators

Less yapping and more lapping!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2005, 06:19:13 PM +0100 »

Paul, just checked the replay. Saw who punted me off, definately not you Smiley

Very pleased with my 5th place finish  Grin

Legends Racing simracing team
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2005, 07:02:16 PM +0100 »

Dave's replay might not be very good quality as he was warping, had a scarey moment passing him. I have a replay, but nowhere to upload it to. It's 14MB in size (oddly, winzip doesn't make it any smaller), not sure if that's too big to email.

The replays are already compressed so zipping them doesn't make them any smaller.

I'll PM you an FTP site you can upload to.

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Don
Blue and Orange Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2005, 07:08:07 PM +0100 »

Well I don't know what the herring people thought they were doing on the pace lap but suffice to say that's not what we're expecting in terms of driver behaviour in league races! Shocked

I will be reviewing the replay; sadly, once again GTR has let us down and provided only the first 11 minutes of the race.  Angry But I do have a client replay, and I will be looking very closely at the actions of the drivers in mid pack who managed to cause a pile up between turns 3 and 4, and the drivers who managed to cause a second pilup in the final turn before the race had even started. We didn't see this kind of pick up race style driving in Season 0 and I don't know why we're seeing it now, but I intend to stamp it out before Season 1! Angry

I must also apologise to anyone who got caught out by my warping - I forgot to turn on the switch in my hallway so I was (unbeknownst to me) racing over WiFi and not ethernet. Mea maxima culpa. Embarrassed

I can hold my hand up and say from the replay it looked like me (pace lap). I was maybe too close to the guy in front, when he moved over I had no chance of stopping. Sorry to all affected. I think I have learned to be more careful on the pace lap now.
As for the rest of the race, couldn't find the groove after that.
Don.
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2005, 08:02:31 PM +0100 »

Ahh, i figured you  must have gone back to your Wifi Giz as you were the only one warping when i came up to lap people.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
Aagramn
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2005, 08:09:17 PM +0100 »

I've uploaded my replay, it can be found here:

http://www.freepgs.com/ukgtr/replays.php

Team Shark

GT Rank Name: Michael Bennett

The correct procedure is brake-swear, not swear-brake.
Steffen Holzhäuser

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2005, 09:16:24 AM +0100 »

sorry for my poor performance, i didnt practice the track before and was all over the place Sad will there be more fun races next weekend?
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2005, 11:12:59 AM +0100 »

Not until we sort out the server. The server was only on a 3 day trial, although it does appear to still be running ho hum.

A decision on the server will be made at the end of this week so hopefully it wont be long before we have a more permanent solution and setup both more fun races (with more spacing) and Season 1 itself.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com