The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

May 02, 2024, 11:06:18 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Game Stock Car  (Read 2490 times)
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« on: November 03, 2011, 05:45:30 PM +0000 »

Anyone here tried this?

It's supposed to be very good both in graphics, ai and physics/ffb featuring a touring type V8 RWD car based on the Brazilian series....kind of DTM with less refinements.

Also has a classic (88) F1, modern F1 and modern F3 cars.

http://www.game-stockcar.com.br/GameInfo.aspx

There is a 30 minute trial available, but I don't really want to waste time with it if it's not that good.

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
Mike Wrightson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2011, 09:11:01 PM +0000 »

It's very good indeed.  Go try the demo.

The 88 F1 is fabulous.

Team Shark!
pribeiro

Animals and racing lover

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2011, 12:53:23 PM +0000 »

Have tried the demo, nothing new, physics a bit odd. Reminds me F1 2002 EA game.

Isn't my avatar amazingly sweet?
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2011, 09:58:41 AM +0000 »

Have tried the demo, nothing new, physics a bit odd. Reminds me F1 2002 EA game.

Lol, I'm sorry but that makes you the only person with that opinion around.

Physics are created with the help of real drivers, even a Brasilian F1 driver who wanted to remain annonymous (but I can tell you Massa and Barrichello both race this sim). Doe to that, the physics are considered to be some of the best, and beats iRacing on multiple levels. Also the FFB is a lot better than most other sims.

Really worth the purchase, as it really the best thing out there, and comparing it to F1 2002 is a complete joke.
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2011, 11:32:37 AM +0000 »

So that's conclusive then  laugh

I've taken the plunge anyway as the thought of getting my hands on that F1 88 car alone was too much to resist. The download speed from their site however seems to be horribly slow  Huh Huh

If it's anywhere near as enjoyable as I'm finding NKPro to be, I'll be very happy.

Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2011, 12:47:46 PM +0000 »

Review:

http://www.virtualr.net/game-stock-car-review

Don't forget the 1.70 patch and all the DLC Smiley

Also check out this, to show I'm not alone on this Wink:

http://www.racedepartment.com/game-stock-car/66348-cant-get-over-how-good-sim.html
Paul968
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2011, 01:19:48 PM +0000 »

I tried the demo. Looks nice, liked the noise and in car feel. The handling though was silly. Took all the rear wing off, maximum rear spring rate, maximum rear arb, nearly min front arb and it still completely refused to oversteer when lifting off the power on corner entry  Roll Eyes I've obviously never driven a brazilian touring car, but I would never want to if they drove like that!
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2011, 12:52:31 PM +0000 »

Had a few hours trying this out last yesterday so here's a brief summary.

Needed to fiddle around with a few of the game settings to get the movement and fov right and went straight for the "Veteran" setting with all driving aids off except autoclutch. I maxed the graphics and deleted the silly map plugin that comes preinstalled with the sim.

The stock cars feel a bit Race 07ish. I remember trying a similar R07 mod a while back and they feel very similar as far as I can remember. They are good fun and I think would make for some good racing, but are a bit too easy to drive to take them seriously imho.

The formula cars are excellent. The classic 88 car (the McLaren I presume) is very immersive and the impression is of much more detailed physics than in the F1 88 mod for instance.

I tried a few ai races at 95% with the F3 car and was totally absorbed. The in-car racing experience is fantastic with a real impression of speed which is helped by great sound and a subtle motion blur.

I don't usually like modern F1 sims/mods as they always seem to be arcade feeling. These cars however feel much nicer. The only problem I have is that I doubt if I could actually get one of these cars off the grid and through T1 in RL.

And that is where all these cars in this sim suffer imo.....they are much too easy to drive! Having said that I will be searching out some online racing for the formula cars as I think they will be great fun. I still prefer the physics and feel of NKPro, but GSC comes close in that regard and as an overall package (the fact it has good ai) is slightly better imo.

Recommended  Smiley

Mike Wrightson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2011, 07:51:38 PM +0000 »

They are easy to drive... Until you get to the limits.  Driving the F-Classic on the absolute limit will be like walking a tightrope, but that's true of any car.

I don't know why people always think any racing car must be really hard to drive.   Huh  I did the Silverstone single-seater experience and those were a doddle to drive around, but then I was lapping 10sec off the record  Cheesy  I imagine they would need a lot more attention from you when you get to within 2sec.

Even people who have been lucky enough to drive an F1 car (who aren't race drivers) comment that they found it surprisingly easy to drive.  Again, they are a long way short of the cars limits.

Team Shark!
pribeiro

Animals and racing lover

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2011, 11:08:05 PM +0000 »

Lol, I'm sorry but that makes you the only person with that opinion around.

And I'm proud of it.
And I still keep my opinion.
By the way, in fact it reminds me the 2001 EA F1 game, not the 2002.

Isn't my avatar amazingly sweet?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com