The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
May 03, 2024, 05:26:11 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Wednesday Assetto Corsa Fun Series - 18th June 2014 - Taste the Tatuus  (Read 3842 times)
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« on: June 13, 2014, 07:01:53 PM +0100 »

Booking: From 19:00 (BST) (60 mins)
Practice: 20:00 (15 mins)
Qual : 20:15 (15 mins)
Race: 20:30 18 Laps (approx 30 mins)

Cars allowed: Formula Abarth Tatuus
Track: Vallelunga
Time of Day Setting: 16:00
Weather: Dry
Start: Standing

Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel consumption: Normal
Pit-stops: None required

Server: simracing.org.uk
Password: Our usual practise password

All drivers must be booked in to race before booking closes at 20:00 UK time.

SROUK proudly presents a series of weekly fun races using a variety of track/car combos in Assetto Corsa early access. There will be no moderation of events or posting of results but drivers are of course encouraged to uphold our usual standards of excellent driving to ensure maximum enjoyment for all.

Have fun  Smiley

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2014, 11:37:28 AM +0100 »

Had never done any laps at Vallelunga before so did a little recon this morning whilst testing my wheel out (hoping i've fixed it as it has now worked after two pc restarts  Smiley )
Woefully off the pace of the setups I tried, as they report 1:30 lap times  Shocked but I steadily worked my way down to a 1:39. Car/track combo ran smooth as silk. Interesting and challenging track, would like to take my own car on it! Seems designed like a test track with its flowing double apex corners. Nailing them right will be the key to fast laptimes.

Jester

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2014, 12:16:58 PM +0100 »

Don't worry about the times in the setup,  he's just a very fast driver.  I'm on a 1:35 at the moment.

Erik Roeterdink aka Jester
my apps and settings
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2014, 01:08:42 PM +0100 »

I raced this combo at ESRA last week and fancied my chances pre race lapping in the mid 34s, only to find I was almost 2 secs off the pace of the leader  Roll Eyes It was a fun combo though so chose it for this week after originally planning Monza which will work better once they have drafting implemented in AC.

Hope we have a few turn out for this one as the Tatuus is a fantastic drive once you get the hang of it.

Johnny X

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2014, 05:22:35 PM +0100 »

I've managed to creep down to 1:36.2 at the moment, there's probably another .3 to be had for me  Tongue I'm struggling with the braking at the first hairpin. The new Clubsport V2's are simply incredible compared to the G27 pedals but still getting used to them.

“The more fondly we imagine something will last forever, the more ephemeral it often proves to be”
― Iain M. Banks, Excession
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2014, 12:09:42 PM +0100 »

Not had any time for practise since my recon laps last weekend so will trundle round the back making up the numbers! If I'm woefully off the pace may park it at some point to watch the Spain v chile game. Just haven't got any spare time for praccy at the moment to do these races justice.  Sad but want to help keep up the numbers.

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2014, 12:13:53 PM +0100 »

You've done more practice than me MJ  Embarrassed Unless I click quickly I'll probably not even be able to keep up with you!

In fact I'm not sure I've ever driven the track either! Hopefully I'll get 20 mins on my own before the event starts

Johnny X

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2014, 06:37:33 PM +0100 »

Sorry folks, can't make the race tonight. Got to head back into work.

Catch you all next week.

“The more fondly we imagine something will last forever, the more ephemeral it often proves to be”
― Iain M. Banks, Excession
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2014, 07:28:17 PM +0100 »

That's a shame Johnny Sad

Server is now up and taking bookings. I'm off to get some practice in before 8! I'll be on TeamSpeak if you need me Wink

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2014, 07:59:17 PM +0100 »

Def me ant thee at the back then MJ, I can't get lower than a mid 36 Sad

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2014, 09:13:32 PM +0100 »

Shame you couldn't make it Johnny  Sad

Well I really enjoyed that one. Tough cars to drive quick and consistently, just as they should be. Used med tyres for race which seemed ok for distance and were really good about 10 laps in. I lost some temperature after that and felt the grip fall off but managed to switch them on again after some purposeful effort.....first time I've noticed that work so well in a sim and it brought a big smile to my face.

Well done Erik on the win and it looked like there were some decent laptimes behind considering the little practise some had put in. You really ought to stay in more y'know  Wink

Thanks to those who made it  Cool We'll revisit open wheelers again, but back to some GT action for next week if that's ok with everyone?

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2014, 09:18:07 PM +0100 »

As I thought and deserved, I was way off the pace. Can't expect to just turn up and be competitive in these new cars and tracks. I actually wanted to turn a racing line on here as I just couldn't suss the ideal lines with so few laps, but didn't know the hotkey anyway!

I definitely prefer GT or sports cars though  Smiley

Animal Ed

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2014, 09:33:21 PM +0100 »

I was on hards and it was perfect - no grip fall, faster and faster as the fuel goes down.

Made two mistakes: first was my dogs fault as he found amusing to play with my feets ...  Angry
Second was also my dogs fault because he went out while I was yelling at him.   cursing
He turned back to me!!!??!!!  taz

But it was fun!  Grin
Jester

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2014, 10:59:48 AM +0100 »

I was surprised that I got to P1 in the first lap, seeing Animal & GT to be the faster ones on track. Have to say good doggy, for taking out Animal  Grin That gave me a breather. I went off twice, first time was at the double righthander, where I just kept it straight enough so as not to loose to much time. At the last hairpin in the penultimate lap I decided that I would take it twice  Roll Eyes just in front of GT, so I had to give it my all to keep it in front for the last lap to take the win.

Erik Roeterdink aka Jester
my apps and settings
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2014, 12:46:20 PM +0100 »

How do you guys brake in these single seaters? Do you progressively brake whilst going down through the gears or is it a case of stomping on the brake pedal, shrugging all the speed off, followed by quick downshifts?  I noticed Jesper outbraked me by about 100m during qually so knew I was doing something wrong!
I had chronic understeer in most corners too despite using one of the setups provided.
Other than that I was just sh*te  Grin

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com