The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
May 03, 2024, 06:35:17 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Wednesday Assetto Corsa Fun - 9th July 2014 - The British Historic Grand Prix  (Read 7389 times)
Walter Conn
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2014, 01:50:44 PM +0100 »

I had my fourth practice session today. I could not believe that I improved my personal best by four seconds to 2:16.xx, and I am much more consistent. It was like a light switch was turned on. I am using one of the Brabham skinned cars.   
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 02:34:00 PM +0100 by Walter Conn » Logged

Sunday Driver
ChrisR
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2014, 06:25:21 PM +0100 »

here are all the skins you need for the 49. (all skins have the previews like below)

http://www.mediafire.com/download/1505zh2n2ofjxnu/Lotus49skins.rar

i have chosen no.21 jackie oliver

this one. Cheesy

« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 06:27:53 PM +0100 by ChrisR » Logged

Johnny X

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2014, 06:42:49 PM +0100 »

I'm struggling to find a good wheel setup for the G27, it feels awfully slack in the middle. I've tried the suggestions/other folks settings here and I'm just not getting that feel yet.

Try adding some damping in the ingame settings and use these settings in the Logitech profiler.....

Overall effects strength: 101%
Spring effects strength: 100%
Damper effects Strength: 100%
Centering: 0%
Degrees: 900

Goes against what you might use in other sims but is recommended and seems to work with AC  Wink Don't run your ffb gain too high either as you won't feel the subtleties. From memory I only use around 43%

Thanks for that.. I'll give it a whirl. I think the Damper effects in my profiler is 0. I also have the canned effects turned off.

“The more fondly we imagine something will last forever, the more ephemeral it often proves to be”
― Iain M. Banks, Excession
ChrisR
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2014, 06:49:53 PM +0100 »

damper wants to be "0" otherwise you get a false weighty feel to the steering but do some tests and see what you prefer.

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2014, 09:06:52 AM +0100 »

here are all the skins you need for the 49. (all skins have the previews like below)

http://www.mediafire.com/download/1505zh2n2ofjxnu/Lotus49skins.rar

Default skins only please. I don't want to introduce any complications to what is already a learning curve for most of us.

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2014, 09:33:54 AM +0100 »

Default skins only please. I don't want to introduce any complications to what is already a learning curve for most of us.

I respect what GT is saying but as we're in a testing phase it might be nice if someone turned up in a 3rd party skin at least one other racer didn't have to ensure everyone can still race! I volunteer not to install these Wink We do need to know if this sort of thing breaks the system.

GT if we don't allow it we do need to test it at some other time. Server is running and will be this evening so if 2 people, one with and one without, can test and report back that would help us out prior to the race. Sadly I've got other stuff on this evening.

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2014, 10:14:53 AM +0100 »

I respect what GT is saying but as we're in a testing phase it might be nice if someone turned up in a 3rd party skin at least one other racer didn't have to ensure everyone can still race! I volunteer not to install these Wink We do need to know if this sort of thing breaks the system.

GT if we don't allow it we do need to test it at some other time. Server is running and will be this evening so if 2 people, one with and one without, can test and report back that would help us out prior to the race. Sadly I've got other stuff on this evening.

I agree. However that assumes that everyone will read this thread (and any amendments to race announcement) and download and successfully install the skins (will we also need to do that for the server?) It's probably worth waiting until AC is finished before doing any proper testing as anything could change between now and then.

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
Jester

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2014, 11:33:32 AM +0100 »

I agree. However that assumes that everyone will read this thread (and any amendments to race announcement) and download and successfully install the skins (will we also need to do that for the server?) It's probably worth waiting until AC is finished before doing any proper testing as anything could change between now and then.

Well I think I already accidentally tested a skin that I downloaded, with the Tatuus race at Valelunga. So if anyone can check their replay, maybe they can see if it's a different skin than I used.
My replay

The skin I used
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 11:55:00 AM +0100 by Jester » Logged

Erik Roeterdink aka Jester
my apps and settings
Animal Ed

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2014, 12:06:40 PM +0100 »

You are with default skin #1 in my replay since I don`t have that skin pack.

Interesting.

I like that! No missmatch if other people don`t have that skin - you are visible to others as a vehicle with first default skin and yet you have it in your replay.
Jester

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2014, 12:59:04 PM +0100 »

Track suggestion Brno Maybe not a perfect track, but good fun to go around (like Doni)
Had 2 short races last Sunday with the Pagani Zonda R and I can honestly say it's a horrid car to drive Grin That said it's good fun around Monza66  yes, not on Nürnburg  no

Erik Roeterdink aka Jester
my apps and settings
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 08, 2014, 01:25:18 PM +0100 »

Just realised that the footy's on so I'll give this one a miss. I was pretty carp in these cars anyway. Have a good 'un

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

ChrisR
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2014, 06:07:16 PM +0100 »

dont worry about the skins lads..

there is nothing which can go wrong with skins.. ive used a non-default skin every time i play online and have done playing with you guys.. all that happens if you dont have the skin is the skin wearer just has a plain white skin.. you would of probably seen this yourselves racing online.

it causes no mismatches and no problems.

Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2014, 09:12:40 PM +0100 »

Just realised that the footy's on so I'll give this one a miss. I was pretty carp in these cars anyway. Have a good 'un

Ditto for me too, just haven't got the spare time to practise properly in these cars that are just so different to the rest and I'm not really interested in racing them tbh  Undecided

ChrisR
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 08, 2014, 09:24:07 PM +0100 »

i managed a 2'10.5 and average about 2'11 / 2'12 with race fuel.

Smiley

my setup

http://www.mediafire.com/download/bowfudr0vu8wqgm/(AC0.20.5)2'10.5.rar

you should be fine with 3 pedals as its quite an easy setup.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 04:41:45 PM +0100 by ChrisR » Logged

Animal Ed

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 09, 2014, 11:19:52 AM +0100 »

One little warning if you use other people setups: not all of them but majority is built for 2 pedals use, ultra fast steering lock or both so, if you are heel & toeing like myself, you will be in problem with braking and initial turn in.
You can still use that setup as a base and play with rear suspension settings.

For a start I would lower rear end to make weight transfer "shorter"...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com