The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

May 03, 2024, 06:57:00 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Wednesday Assetto Corsa Fun - 16th July 2014 - DTM at Mugello  (Read 5059 times)
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2014, 09:15:31 PM +0100 »

Nice turnout tonight with good racing and a few new names too  Cool. Recognised some of them but others were unfamiliar so pop in and say hello when you get the chance.

The results looked a bit strange though unless everyone except myself and Chris lost a lap somewhere  Huh

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
Animal Ed

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2014, 09:37:41 PM +0100 »

You call that strange?  Grin
Look what I got here ...  Shocked

ChrisR
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2014, 09:53:10 PM +0100 »

AlkiPROST, Kris Dey and Sutol are 3 lads i convinced to join.

i race with them regular and i thought they were clean enough to bump the numbers up so invited them to join us. I hope you dont mind.

I will get them to join up and say hello.

Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2014, 09:54:09 PM +0100 »

Cracking race tonight, really enjoyed hustling these cars around in close combat.  Cool

Hadn't  driven the DTM until pre practise  Roll Eyes  Embarrassed so had only a few laps to get on it. Was therefore quite pleased to break into the 2:02's in qually for 6th?

On lap 1 I got nerfed off by Bobs green car unfortunately and I thought my race was over already as it took about 15 secs to get going again. But a lap or so later I came upon 3 other cars rejoining after some incident and I was back in the fight!
I then had a great battle with Bob, glued to his rear bumper and getting alongside on occasion   this lasted until about lap 10 when a close chasing Ed got past me after tee-ing me up for a few corners.
Ed and Bob then pulled a gap on me as my tyres seemed more buggered than theirs and I could no longer maintain the same lap pace.   :'( I think my setup wasn't as good and I seemed to have a tad too much wing down the long sf straight.
Finished the race 6th  Smiley. Congrats to ChrisR and the podium  thumbup1

Good to see more new faces, welcome onboard  Smiley

Bob

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2014, 10:14:04 PM +0100 »

Shocked Oops, tried to see on replay lap one but it's only saved from lap 12. I know I was hit from behind on lap one but didn't think I went into any one, please check the replay and if I hit you please accept my apologies MarkJ. For about 9 or 10 laps I only just held you off, I was on the limit, close to off on more than one occasion and not able to match the pace of Alkipop. A great combo, this Assetto Corsa makes for some super racing. Well done podium, thanks for the server and race, Bob.
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2014, 10:30:05 PM +0100 »

Not a problem Bob, don't worry. I think you went too deep in turn 4 left hander and as you turned back in I was already inside you and it pinged me off. The close racing later more than made up for it  Smiley

These cars would make an excellent race series  Cool them and the Lotus' seem to make for the best close racing so far, but still plenty of cars to test race  Smiley

Johnny X

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2014, 05:56:38 AM +0100 »

Grats to the podium and grats to all who turned out, it was good to see some numbers.

I'm still suffering from not being able to work out how to drive the AC cars and am still well off the pace. Started at the back but with some care I managed to work my way up to 3rd as I weaved through a few accident scenarios. Then spent many laps waiting to be caught. I do remember getting 1 lap in at a mid 2:02 which was 2-3 secs faster than practice and quali but I haven't got a clue what I did differently  Grin

Eventually got caught and passed by a few and then had my first off of the evening when my phone rang. Had to take the call as it was work with some bad news so I left it parked in the sand. I've got a week off now so I'm spending it learning to drive and catching up with you lot.

Looking forward to the next one.

“The more fondly we imagine something will last forever, the more ephemeral it often proves to be”
― Iain M. Banks, Excession
Prof
Race Court Chief Whip
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2014, 10:47:49 AM +0100 »

I am well off the pace here and things don't feel right although better than the Lotus 49 last week. There seems to be no consistency in the feel of the car and controller from one session to the next. As a result I am guessing where to brake from one lap to the next.

My oldish i7 920 computer is also struggling with the graphics and there has been a 'glitchy' corner on both the tracks I have raced at so far. At Mugello it is the chicane after the two fast right-handers midway through the lap. Is anyone else seeing this? Picnic will tell me to update my gfx card and is probably correct. AC looks pretty and runs at about 50fps for most of the lap until I hit a particular section of each track.

Perhaps GTR2 flattered me as a driver and this shows my lack of talent more realistically. I am not going to waste many more weeks drifting around at the back, seconds off the pace, worrying about falling off rather than racing hard unless I find some solutions soon.
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2014, 11:30:44 AM +0100 »

Sorry I dipped out last night, wasn't feeling 100% and would have just been a liability to others Sad

Please do, no one should be giving out passwords. It's free and easy to sign up and race within the few rules we do have.

My oldish i7 920 computer is also struggling with the graphics and there has been a 'glitchy' corner on both the tracks I have raced at so far. At Mugello it is the chicane after the two fast right-handers midway through the lap. Is anyone else seeing this? Picnic will tell me to update my gfx card and is probably correct.
I'm probably sounding like a stuck record, get it sorted (and remember I can help out here!)

Perhaps GTR2 flattered me as a driver and this shows my lack of talent more realistically. I am not going to waste many more weeks drifting around at the back, seconds off the pace, worrying about falling off rather than racing hard unless I find some solutions soon.
In all the racing games we've played together there has never been much between us, I may hit my potential quicker but you're usually there or there abouts to give me grief Wink Perhaps we need to meet up for some practice.

Mogget

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 17, 2014, 02:03:08 PM +0100 »

I was thinking about racing with you guys last night. However, I had never driven the M3 E30 previously, and I noticed that the DTM version has six gears. I am not used to using a sixth gear with the H shifter, and a quick test drive convinced me to withdraw. I will eventually learn to drive the car, but I didn't want to make a mess of anyone else's race last night. I will be back another time Wink
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 02:04:45 PM +0100 by Mogget » Logged
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 17, 2014, 03:43:02 PM +0100 »

I was thinking about racing with you guys last night. However, I had never driven the M3 E30 previously, and I noticed that the DTM version has six gears. I am not used to using a sixth gear with the H shifter, and a quick test drive convinced me to withdraw. I will eventually learn to drive the car, but I didn't want to make a mess of anyone else's race last night. I will be back another time Wink

Wondered what happened to you Mr. Mogget. Hope to see you next time.

AlkiPROST, Kris Dey and Sutol are 3 lads i convinced to join.

i race with them regular and i thought they were clean enough to bump the numbers up so invited them to join us. I hope you dont mind.

Thanks for this Chris. Always great to have good clean drivers with us  Cool

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
Mogget

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 17, 2014, 03:59:14 PM +0100 »

It would have been a different story if you had been driving the standard E3 M30. That car is one of the best that I have ever driven....in any race game.
ChrisR
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 17, 2014, 06:29:09 PM +0100 »

I am well off the pace here and things don't feel right although better than the Lotus 49 last week. There seems to be no consistency in the feel of the car and controller from one session to the next. As a result I am guessing where to brake from one lap to the next.

My oldish i7 920 computer is also struggling with the graphics and there has been a 'glitchy' corner on both the tracks I have raced at so far. At Mugello it is the chicane after the two fast right-handers midway through the lap. Is anyone else seeing this? Picnic will tell me to update my gfx card and is probably correct. AC looks pretty and runs at about 50fps for most of the lap until I hit a particular section of each track.

i currently use a i7-920 D0 and coupled with a 680 GTX i get well over 200 FPS on max settings (no HDR as its annoying) on most tracks.

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com