The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
May 03, 2024, 07:37:18 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Wednesday Assetto Corsa Fun - 23th July 2014 - Xbow vs Lotus 2/11 at Aosta  (Read 6457 times)
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 23, 2014, 07:31:13 PM +0100 »

The dedi server output tells me it's there but I can't see it either Sad

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 23, 2014, 07:32:57 PM +0100 »

Must be there now Erik's joined.

I hadn't removed the entry_list.ini file Sad

EDIT : There now, I've booked in
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 07:35:09 PM +0100 by picnic » Logged

Johnny X

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 23, 2014, 07:43:13 PM +0100 »

I can't see it... had numerous server list refreshes and two complete restarts.

“The more fondly we imagine something will last forever, the more ephemeral it often proves to be”
― Iain M. Banks, Excession
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 23, 2014, 07:49:10 PM +0100 »

Not sure why you might not see it, there are 4 of us on now. Did you see Chris' server at all? Not sure if that's still up now.

Johnny X

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 23, 2014, 07:53:06 PM +0100 »

Found it now and booked. Had to change some of the filters for server selection. Had all selection options highlighted as I did before when I could see the server, now only highlighted to look for locked servers and it shows up.... Go figure.

“The more fondly we imagine something will last forever, the more ephemeral it often proves to be”
― Iain M. Banks, Excession
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 23, 2014, 07:57:29 PM +0100 »

Phew - glad you've sorted it Smiley

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 23, 2014, 08:55:08 PM +0100 »

Oh dear, that didn't end well - PC blue screened and now fails to boot! I'll let it cool off and play over the weekend.

Was almost dead last at the time. You guys have some serious pace here Sad

ChrisR
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 23, 2014, 09:09:28 PM +0100 »

Oh dear, that didn't end well - PC blue screened and now fails to boot! I'll let it cool off and play over the weekend.

Was almost dead last at the time. You guys have some serious pace here Sad

you need to join the practise sessions i host.. i try help everyone out on their lap times etc.

ChrisR
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 24, 2014, 07:33:01 AM +0100 »

Have to appologise to GoldTop for the little nudge last night going through the first section, no excuses on my side, i was too close and couldnt react fast enough when you braked at your braking point.

I did slow down but saw you got hit again so carried on.

My appologies. Sad

Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 24, 2014, 08:28:45 AM +0100 »

Tricky cars under braking these, and not much in the way of setup options.
Never did get that hairpin corner right despite trying all manner of entry and braking points  Tongue

Finished 5th overall so decent enough but have to say I was pretty bored after 9 laps. These cars and this track just didn't do it for me. Had the odd good little dice and the cars looked neat on track but couldn't lose the feeling I would rather be racing proper cars on a proper track. These felt like Mario Karts!

Congrats to AlkiProst and ChrisR up front for the podium  Smiley

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 24, 2014, 09:33:01 AM +0100 »

Apology accepted Chris  Cool

I must also apologise to whoever I hit (no replay) while rejoining after being bumped off. I looked and listened but it was an awkward spot, probably should have cut the track down the grass and rejoined on the straight  Embarrassed

Quite enjoyed the Xbow and the chase back. Ed was a bit laggy which gave me a couple of frights when I was behind. Not sure if that was netcode or bad connection but noticed your ping was 164 which shouldn't ordinarily cause problems.

Grats to AlkiProst for the win  Smiley

Tricky cars under braking these, and not much in the way of setup options.

Did you enable ABS?

I would rather be racing proper cars on a proper track.

Roll Eyes Normal service will be resumed next week  Smiley I want to try out these dynamic track settings although I do believe they're a bit primitive atm. I'll pick a short track with some familiar cars as it will allow more laps and more chance to effect changes in grip.

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
ChrisR
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 24, 2014, 09:46:29 AM +0100 »

Id love to see a race on blackwood.

It is another addon track but its been very well done, it is a track from live for speed and its very flowing.

Not too fussed about car tho, ill drive anything aslong as we havent already driven it.

The new server options look excellent!

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 24, 2014, 09:52:40 AM +0100 »

Id love to see a race on blackwood.

It is another addon track but its been very well done, it is a track from live for speed and its very flowing.

Not too fussed about car tho, ill drive anything aslong as we havent already driven it.

The new server options look excellent!

Yes I remember racing a Blackwood conversion in nKPro. Been meaning to try AC version so I'll sort something soon.

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
ChrisR
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 24, 2014, 11:27:36 AM +0100 »

Also.. The lotus evora GTC and GX are excellent around there Wink hint hint poke poke Smiley

Jester

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 25, 2014, 01:28:06 PM +0100 »

Had good fun trying not to spin the car  Roll Eyes and then every time trying to catch the one in front of me  Tongue

Just a question: what is the organisers view on the track boundaries? I saw some using the concrete parts of the corners and was just wondering. Not a slight on how people drive, but just so I know what I have to change on my way of driving (not going to be faster as a result of that  Wink) More to know where to put the car to avoid a pass  Grin

Evora GTC is good fun to drive and one of the easiest of the Lotus cars I've driven yet.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 01:35:00 PM +0100 by Jester » Logged

Erik Roeterdink aka Jester
my apps and settings
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com