The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

May 03, 2024, 06:33:23 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Wednesday Assetto Corsa Fun - 27th August 2014 - Ferrari Challenge at Mugello  (Read 3014 times)
Jester

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2014, 01:47:22 PM +0100 »

Had hoped to give Erik a good race as we seemed on similar pace but after a couple of laps close behind him I had a brain fart at T1 and kept using the wrong brake marker board for 3 laps in a row  Tongue dufus!
Nearly caught him again at the end but finished 4th.

Loved the car and was sweating a bit more when I saw MJ creeping closer. Every time I went in the kittylitter, it was nerve racking to get it out as fast as possible Grin just to stay in front of MJ. Was no where near the pace of GT and Chris and all I could do was try and keep it on the tarmac (in which I failed  Roll Eyes)

Erik Roeterdink aka Jester
my apps and settings
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2014, 02:05:39 PM +0100 »

Hehe, pleasure to add to the adrenaline Smiley

What's the best racing position/leaderboard app to run that shows a gap to the car in front/behind?

Jester

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2014, 03:07:57 PM +0100 »

What's the best racing position/leaderboard app to run that shows a gap to the car in front/behind?

Don't know if there is a good one out there, but I use Race Delta
It doesn't work properly in MP yet, but it does show the gap with the other cars.

Well at the moment it doesn't work any more with the new 0.22 update  Sad
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 03:54:21 PM +0100 by Jester » Logged

my apps and settings
Jester

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2014, 08:07:48 PM +0100 »

Don't know if there is a good one out there, but I use Race Delta
It doesn't work properly in MP yet, but it does show the gap with the other cars.

Well at the moment it doesn't work any more with the new 0.22 update  Sad

Got a file fix for most apps sim_info

my apps and settings
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2014, 08:36:56 PM +0100 »

Thoroughly enjoyed the event myself despite the back of the pack performance. Rolling start was nice and orderly and soon settled down to chasing picnic I think. Had a woeful time round about mid race which put me stone last and so set about chasing down Bob. I thought I had a chance of catching him, which I was doing but not quickly enough, but he kindly dropped it with a lap or so to go, as did picnic which gave me a couple of places.

I am struggling to comprehend the 2+ sec lap time gap to the quicker guys though. I don't know where to start to try and gain that sort of time. I guess it's down to practice.

The track felt like a skating rink in quali to me but in the race it felt like I could push more, finished up going 3 secs faster in the race than my quali time  Huh

Looking forward to the next one....

Not Picnic, but little old me!

Not a big fan of the content being majority 'road cars' but this was an interesting drive. Felt like road tyres , the way the fronts would let go and slide seemingly so easily. Was also telling how i was just over driving when during practise my purposly slow laps were just as good or better! MAde the concentration levels even harder trying to almost second guess when the tyres will let go. I'm sure its something to do with the realistic lact of feel from the power steering equiped road car. need to tweak it a bit more.

Have to say the mirrors and rear view are ok but hard to gauge sometimes, a time gap ahead/ behind ala GTR2 would help enormously.

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Johnny X

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2014, 09:48:42 PM +0100 »

Not Picnic, but little old me!

Oops... the case for glasses grows stronger  Embarrassed

“The more fondly we imagine something will last forever, the more ephemeral it often proves to be”
― Iain M. Banks, Excession
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2014, 08:25:07 AM +0100 »

Much stronger, I wasn't even there Wink

Johnny X

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2014, 04:43:33 PM +0100 »

Nurse !!

“The more fondly we imagine something will last forever, the more ephemeral it often proves to be”
― Iain M. Banks, Excession
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com