The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
May 02, 2024, 11:42:58 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Wednesday Assetto Corsa Fun - 23th July 2014 - Xbow vs Lotus 2/11 at Aosta  (Read 6453 times)
Jester

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2014, 10:39:02 AM +0100 »

Anyone got a target laptime yet? Don't know track or car so bit of a leap into the unknown.

Will jump on your server in about half hour thanks Chris.  Smiley
Xbow 1:39.6 better to handle for me
2/11 1:37.0 A bit erratic in corners (still learning)

Track and cars are new to me. You can find setups of the cars in some of the standard tracks, if you got the JC setup pack that's in the AC tips thread.

Erik Roeterdink aka Jester
my apps and settings
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2014, 10:50:27 AM +0100 »

thanks Jester  Smiley, my planned praccy session has now been cancelled  Roll Eyes will try and jump on later in the day  Smiley

Animal Ed

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2014, 10:51:30 AM +0100 »

1:37.1 with xbow, with 2/11 I have problem with that central rear view mirror (blocking my view for right hand corners) so didn`t have nerve to do single timed lap.

Anyway, still have big problems with internet so not sure if I can make it - my provider is modernizing nearby PABX so half a day I have telephone and internet than 2 days not.
ChrisR
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2014, 11:29:47 AM +0100 »

1'35,8 is my best in the xbow but more like 1'36 on a consistant basis..

the 2/11 i  think my best is 1'38.x

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2014, 12:17:45 PM +0100 »

In my testing both cars were 1:37.7 with race fuel (pb after a few laps). Since then I've done a few more laps with the Xbow with a pb of 1:36.4. I think I could get the 2/11 down to a similar pace but it is certainly a more challenging drive (for me anyway).

Bear in mind that we now have the so called dynamic track surface  Undecided so times will now vary according to which surface we practice on  Roll Eyes As you might have gathered I think this feature is cwap atm as all it seems to do is make the whole track surface more grippy in relation to time and is not influenced by how many cars are on track and where they have driven.

Not sure how we feel about using this feature in these races Undecided Is it worth trying a few options on the server or is it best ignored until it's done properly?

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
Bob

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2014, 02:38:26 PM +0100 »

Chris here.. not bob.

you can set the track to optimum in the settings which basically makes it just as it was before the patch..

the way the dynamic track works is like this

session start grip is the percentage of grip at the start of the session.

randomness just leave at 1

the lap gain is how many laps is needed to gain 1% of grip.

so if you set the startgrip to 90% and lapgain to 1 it would go up 1% per lap completed.

best thing to do is set it so the start grip is 100 and leave the lapgain to 1 that way it is as it was pre-patch.
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2014, 04:25:42 PM +0100 »

1:38.1 for me so far with the X-Bow, not tried the other car. Bit of an odd track layout, like a test track but hey ho.

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2014, 06:21:50 PM +0100 »

AC team are busy doing updates and have made some changes to available server settings. Currently at 0.21.5 with more to come tomorrow. We will finally have server side settings for things like tyre wear, engine damage and fuel usage.....must have listened to my moaning  Cheesy

As these are test/fun races, I think it would be a good idea to try out some of these dynamic track conditions so if you have time to set something up for this race Pete, that would be great. If that's too tight, maybe we can have a look for future races.

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2014, 06:28:41 PM +0100 »

It'll be a struggle this week, busy tonight and tomorrow evening I'm afraid, but I'm all up for trying different things to help get the multiplayer working so we use it for proper league races. Any pointers to topics on the AC forums that explain settings gratefully received. I rarely have time to check there myself.

Johnny X

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2014, 07:00:44 PM +0100 »

Afraid I'll probably be missing Weds.

I'm just not getting something... I can't find any way to defeat the understeer and when I do I just end up in big tank slappers and I can't chase the wheel fast enough. Currently at least 7 secs off the pace and have absolutely no chance of stringing more than 1 lap together without an off.

It's not just these cars either. I've been having some time off work and trying to get some serious practice in but I'm not making any headway. Think I'll give it a rest for a while and go back to something that I enjoy driving like PnG or RBR, at least I'll get some smiles and the neighbours won't have to listen to me screaming the pc in frustration  Grin and the wheel and pedals won't get thrown out.

“The more fondly we imagine something will last forever, the more ephemeral it often proves to be”
― Iain M. Banks, Excession
ChrisR
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2014, 07:27:42 PM +0100 »

jonny, can you take screenshots of your windows game controllers preferences (the one with all the sliders on) then take some more pics of the ingame settings (damping etc)

it sounds like its setup wrong but the pics will confirm that, if you still dont get any joy i shall share my setups.

you could also join my teamspeak channel too. (we are all on now and just practicing on my server)

london4.teamspeak.net:24344

p/w = apple

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2014, 08:22:26 PM +0100 »

It'll be a struggle this week, busy tonight and tomorrow evening I'm afraid, but I'm all up for trying different things to help get the multiplayer working so we use it for proper league races. Any pointers to topics on the AC forums that explain settings gratefully received. I rarely have time to check there myself.

No problem Pete.

I'm not very good with server stuff so I'm not sure what info you need. Here's a couple of links which might be of help and maybe others can shout up who know more.

http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/instructions-on-how-to-use-the-server-last-updated-18th-july-2014.9376/

http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?forums/multiplayer-bugs-issues.30/

Johnny X

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2014, 09:18:50 PM +0100 »

jonny, can you take screenshots of your windows game controllers preferences (the one with all the sliders on) then take some more pics of the ingame settings (damping etc)

it sounds like its setup wrong but the pics will confirm that, if you still dont get any joy i shall share my setups.

Hi Chris,

Here's the pages I think you are on about...

In the Logitech profiler the Global settings are as the pic and then I have an AC profile as the pic shows (I use this to launch Steam and AC). In game the wheel is set to 900 and I have been through the in game setup procedure. I have a G27 coupled to Clubsport V2 pedals. The pedals are ok, I have some good feel for braking with them it's just the wheel I'm struggling with. I'm sure I'm doing something fundamentally wrong somewhere... I just can't figure it out.

I've just spent an hour in the Cobra at Longford and messed around with the in-game settings in the car setup for the FF and Damping.. still can't get what I think should be somewhere near as compared to other games. I liked the Cobra as it felt as though there actually was some grip at the front although the back end is a bit flighty. With the Cobra it's like the wheel is rattling all the time, which it doesn't do with the AC developed cars.

I don't expect to be racing the quick guys but I certainly don't expect to be so far off the pace. I've watched a few videos to see how other people "drive" but I can't put it into practice. I'd be much happier if I could choose how much rotation I want for the wheel and then be able to adjust steering ratio accordingly but the AC Devs refuse to do anything about that... they're more interested in sorting out the feel for the Xbox game-pad brigade (sorry, that's my cynical side coming out). I feel sorry for anyone with a wheel that doesn't do at least 900 degrees of rotation.

Anyway, I'm interested to hear what you think... is it my settings are do I need to learn to drive  Wink I'm open to trying out any wheel settings that others are using, although I haven't tried any from the thread yet. The two cars chosen for the Weds race don't have much scope for adjustment so it didn't take long to go through most of the options and nothing really seemed to change so maybe it's just me.

Thanks for any suggestions.

“The more fondly we imagine something will last forever, the more ephemeral it often proves to be”
ChrisR
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2014, 11:20:08 PM +0100 »

your settings look ok tbh.

i notice all your kerb and road feel etc are 0 which on mine i have at default.

i shall send you my setups for the cars..

the only thing i would do is set your gain to 100% and alter each cars FFB on its own.

load up the pedal app and make sure the far right bar doesnt stay red at any point, flashing red is ok.

this might be why your are having probs but im not sure.

Johnny X

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2014, 06:56:43 AM +0100 »

load up the pedal app and make sure the far right bar doesnt stay red at any point, flashing red is ok.

I had the pedal app running last night and it doesn't get anywhere near red. Maybe that's because I have the "canned" effects turned off. I'm more and more coming to the conclusion that a drastic change in driving style is required.

Thanks for your thoughts  thumbup1

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com