by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

May 02, 2024, 08:02:07 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • L19XMAS Dundrod: December 30, 2019
December 30, 2019, 07:42:39 PM +0000 - Dundrod - UKGTL Season 19 2019 Christmas Special
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Austin-Healey 100S (#44) GTC-65 3 +3.877
107.468mph
1 2:28:48.856
104.687mph
35 4:07.756
107.795mph
Dunlop  
roguk
 Clark-Hill Racing
Jaguar D-Type (#6) GTC-65 4 +6.699
106.261mph
2 +1L
101.068mph
34 4:12.218
105.888mph
Dunlop  
Bob M.
  OLD SCHOOL RACING TEAM
Mercedes 300SLR (#1) GTC-65 3 +6L 29 4:19.059
103.091mph
suspension
Dunlop  
Wiltshire Tony
 Toyland Racing
Mercedes 300SLR (#3) GTC-65 6 +15.720
102.579mph
4 +8L 27 4:13.609
105.307mph
unknown
Dunlop  
Geoffers
 Kerb Crawlers
Austin-Healey 100S (#32) GTC-65 2 +3.766
107.516mph
5 27 4:06.389
108.393mph
unknown
Dunlop  
seniordan
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
Aston Martin DBR1 (#2) GTC-65 5 +6.893
106.179mph
6 +24L 11 4:10.638
106.555mph
unknown
Dunlop  
EvilClive
 Blue Moose Racing
Jaguar D-Type (#7) GTC-65 7 +28L 7 4:08.792
107.346mph
unknown
Dunlop  
SpecialKS
 TEAM-GTLDK
Mercedes 300SLR (#2) GTC-65 8 +30L 5 4:22.505
101.738mph
suspension
Dunlop  
Erling G-P
 TEAM-GTLDK
Austin-Healey 100S (#26) GTC-65 1 4:04.633
109.171mph
+35L 0 ---
---
suspension
Dunlop  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Season 19 2019 Christmas Special - Dundrod - Dec 30  (Read 3335 times)
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: November 19, 2019, 02:51:33 PM +0000 »

Iss the FF rumble effects thing somehow set to the same button (key) as H

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
Dominick

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 19, 2019, 02:51:49 PM +0000 »

I feel your pain, Clive. I've had very to extremely weird issues with GTL and now you mention it, a Logitech wheel in the form of a G27, too.
For instance, a never resolved issue is that when I'm on a track where the FPS rate goes above 400, the downshifts, and only the downshifts, no longer register. It's "solved" with using the paddles in such a case but WHY does that happen (rhetorical question)?
Can't help you with your current predicament though, it's not on my list of GTL quirks.
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 19, 2019, 03:03:32 PM +0000 »

TBH Clive, even at 18:00 it's not that dark and you could manage without headlamps.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 19, 2019, 03:29:51 PM +0000 »

Half the fun of setting up Christmas Specials is the certain knowledge that it will cause Clive grief  devil  Wink

FWIW my headlamp is controlled by the top left button on my G27 wheel. maybe try that?

Well, isn't GTL strange!. I would never have guessed that by pressing the top left button on Tony's G27 wheel I could activate the headlamps on my car! Shocked  There is obviously more to this GTL software than I was aware of  Roll Eyes.  Grin Grin Grin Grin If I cannot resolve this weirdness I might have to run in stealth mode  shifty shifty

@ Matt. AFAIK the FF is only adjustable with the sliders under CONTROLS, and only then if the Logitech profiler has a box ticked "ALLOW GAME TO ADJUST VALUES" or something along those lines. And the headlights are assigned their own key in one of the CONTROLS menus?
I have been out with the dog since my last rant, so am contemplating another couple of rounds with this problem for your entertainment.

What I find most frustrating is the number of times, both in GTL and GPL, that a Win10 update over which we apparently have no control can screw up what was working perfectly well beforehand. Ain't technology wonderful  Undecided
« Last Edit: November 19, 2019, 03:39:56 PM +0000 by EvilClive » Logged

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 19, 2019, 03:41:26 PM +0000 »

TBH Clive, even at 18:00 it's not that dark and you could manage without headlamps.

Assuming of course that he's finished by then  Grin

Joking aside Clive; maybe the paddles are 'special', since they're meant for gear changes ?   Don't think I've ever used mine for anything else, so can't say if strange things happens if you do (and I'm currently on a Thrustmaster wheel anyway).  As Tony suggests, maybe try a regular button, if you have any non-used ones ?

Different car of course, but have activated my lights several times on this track with no ill effects (my standard check after blunting the nose on something, to get an idea of the extent of damage). This via a regular button though.

S.Cargo

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 19, 2019, 04:45:36 PM +0000 »

maybe the paddles are 'special', since they're meant for gear changes ?   Don't think I've ever used mine for anything else, so can't say if strange things happens if you do
I use the right shift paddle to turn the headlamps on/off and never had issue with it (but I don't use the lights so often)

In a previous post Clive wrote: "Ran through all of the SENSITIVITY/DEAD ZONE/EFFICIENCY etc and set them at max values"
This is a bit surprising...
In the "Controller Advanced" menu I have Sensitivity set at 51% (I was probably aiming for 50% which means "linear response" I think) on all axis and all Deadzones set to 0 (G25 wheel but with Fanatec pedals)
I also have Speed Sens. Steering to 0
Sensitivity set different than 50% is useful for non-load cell brakes if I remember...

Good luck!
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 19, 2019, 06:45:59 PM +0000 »

Thanks for that SC.
I did some laps late this afternoon OFFLINE, and there was no issue with the headlights Huh I did switch to a button on the wheel and then back to the Right Shift Paddle and there was no repeat of the horrendous wobbles and FF reaction that I had before. I need to try it on a server again, just to be sure that the gremlins have moved on.
My comment about setting everything at MAX was probably a little misleading and I should have been more specific about which were at MAX and which were at ZERO.
I will try setting the SENSITIVITY at 50%, although I don't have a load cell on my pedals, just to see if it makes any difference. Speed sensitive steering is already at zero as are all deadzones

Experiments are ongoing with the various parameters and I will post results ( and disasters) here so that others may be able to save themselves some grief in the future.

Rank   Only when I sweat
roguk

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 20, 2019, 11:26:01 AM +0000 »

Clive you can control win 10 updates so you can turn off automatic updates and manually set the time to update or even disable win 10 updates, Google or Youtube will tell you how.

Dundrod just done a 1.18 in the Jag my best so far, it seems if you go off here you will be very lucky to get back on track apart from the field with the open gate bottom of hill 2.
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 23, 2019, 12:55:39 PM +0000 »

Thanks for the suggestion about win 10 updates Rog, which I was sort of aware of, but I figure that sooner or later one has to install those updates if only to plug the leaky security loopholes that are part of every Microsoft package  Undecided. So I see it as only kicking the can down the road??

Not sure if this is the correct place to continue posting this stuff, but all of my changes and trials are being done with the D-type at Dundrod so that there is a consistent baseline to work from. The final plan will be to carry over the successful conclusion ( assuming that there is one  Roll Eyes ) to all of my other GTL installs when I am happy.

Update......
I have always preferred a very quick steering action and historically I had my G25 rotation parameter set to around 220-250 degrees. Within GTL/CONTROLS I have the DEAD ZONE on the steering set at Zero, but you may have noticed that I was complaining about a non responsive 10 degree area. No matter what I adjusted within the game I found no improvement with that problem, so I looked at the G25 Logitech Profiler options.

In the interests of discovery and science I increased that 220 degrees to a figure which is now around 550 degrees. The results, which actually became apparent in a series of 50 degree incremental steps, was a gradual reduction in the 10 degree dead spot on the wheel in the straight ahead position. I was surprised by this as I had in my mind that a lower rotation figure would mean a more responsive/accurate wheel. but what do I know??  wacko
But upon considering the current improved situation, maybe the software is somehow calculating the non responsive area, via the encoder, as a fixed number of pulses divided by the total rotation setting? Therefore, if the default dead area is = 20 pulses the 220 degree setting gives 20/220 as the non responsive zone, whereas the 550 degree setting gives 20/550 which is a much smaller angular dead area?? I maybe totally off track here, but it kinda makes sense in my head and either way things are definitely better in this respect.
 I plan to increase the rotation angle further sometime over this weekend and see if things become tighter/more responsive. But I have a UKGPL Sports Car race on Sunday eve and I don't want to risk screwing up my wheel before that event  Undecided, so I might postpone any more adjustments.

Now that I have steering that is better ( not yet perfect, but we are going in the right direction!!) I have tried a few more laps and reviewed what still needs to improve for me to be more confident with the D-type. Currently, understeer is my biggest headache and I am trying to decide if it is my expectations of what SHOULD happen and isn't, or am I trying to force this car to perform in a way that it cannot?? I am starting to look at the diff settings as an area to effect some changes. I think that it was Geoff who said the diff settings in GTL are the reverse of those in GPL, it being a difference of locking vs slip angle values??
 Only more laps and time will decide on that. Also keeping the vintage tyres "in the temp zone" appears to be a little random atm, with things going cool  on the long straights and maybe that is contributing to the lack of grip and understeer at the next corner?? or maybe I am just not going fast enough to keep things warm?

On a banzai lap I can extract some good pace from this Sopwith Camel powered tank, but that is at the expense of valuable vintage rubber  Wink There is a formula to be derived about fuel consumption vs speed vs tyre wear for this endurance event. But we are a long, long way from anything that technical just yet so that can wait until the CONTROLS are sorted completely lol.

Rank   Only when I sweat
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 09, 2019, 12:04:00 AM +0000 »

Just to prevent you practicing with the wrong car...............

The weights are thus: Austin Healey - 851kg, Jaguar D-Type - 880kg, Mercedes SLR - 951kg, Aston Martin - 880kg.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 23, 2019, 04:09:45 PM +0000 »

To give you guys something to aim at, best lap on qually fuel in AH now 4.04.9. I would think the Merc & Aston should be able to get under 4m.
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 23, 2019, 04:50:51 PM +0000 »

That is some serious pace Geoff!! 
I had a week off from trying to sort out my various issues and only returned for a quick refresher run this afternoon. Ironically my steering issues might be more to do with my "soft" suspension setups than anything Logitech related and I am trying to nail down exactly what I have done to give me more "feel" in the steering. If I can get that sorted, then I can move on to some serious practice.

My current best lap is a 4:10, but I am more concerned about the targets stuck all over my D-type....is Tony trying to tell me something, or should I work on moving faster???  Roll Eyes

Rank   Only when I sweat
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: December 23, 2019, 05:43:30 PM +0000 »

I think I managed a 4:15 with race fuel...... Shocked

Ziu Bacubacu
« Reply #58 on: December 23, 2019, 06:27:57 PM +0000 »

I think I managed a 4:15 with race fuel...... Shocked

You don't worry about races or time lap or fuel, just you have talk about Xmas lunch
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: December 23, 2019, 07:08:20 PM +0000 »

Well.. we will be having the traditional Christmas Rabbit, with all the trimmings..... pigs in blankets, brussels sprouts (but they probably come from Ormskirk)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com