by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

May 02, 2024, 12:32:11 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11
  Print  
Author Topic: F1 1967 for GTL - Installation and feedback  (Read 20069 times)
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 02, 2015, 09:03:41 AM +0000 »

Be nice to try online with other drivers for a final check for any glitches.  Grin

BTW have you tried without Virtual mirror? The cockpit view using the car mirrors is properly immersive.

Not been able to turn on the car mirrors despite ticking "mirror" option in screen with Units etc. Huh Looked in prl file under Graphics but can't see mirrors although there is an entry for see rear wheels in mirrors.

Help please.
Did you untick Virtual Mirror?

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

misnoimis

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2015, 11:23:26 AM +0000 »

I don't see that, and yes, it’s with theSIM_GTC76; GTC-TC65; TC65 and various Cups, Champs and other folders.
If you can see a file called SIM_GTC.gdb what date does it have?

Just been watching my local footie team lose again on TV. Now watching F1.

File downloaded yesterday dated 31/10/2015. Created/ modified same date. Accessed 1/11/2015. Size 5.30KB. The date shown seems to be the date downloaded. (Don’t think this is going to help).

I can now access the cars again through Car Dealer as I have messed around a bit and don’t own them. Only able to test drive on three tracks though. I want to race them.  cursing

Hmm, delete and start over mate.

Yep, will do that during this week. I have done about four new installs of GTL for other mods and never had a problem. Maybe the problem is in the new install of GTL so I will delete all and start again as it seems something got corrupted along the line. BTW the cars look and sound brilliant when test driven.   Grin
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: November 02, 2015, 11:31:38 AM +0000 »

Maybe obvious, but have you added the all cars and tracks cheat to that install?
I still can't get the dedi server to work. I see no cars at all when launching it, it allows me to start it
but it all happens too fast, I don't think it is actually connecting to a lobby.
My normal GTL install has no LOCAL_IP_LOBBY file and somehow connects to altbier
I have tried not having one, and having one with the altbier address and it still doesn't seem
to connecting to anything. ho hum....

My actual game itself now sees all tracks and all cars, but that is a different machine.

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 02, 2015, 11:53:42 AM +0000 »

I don't see that, and yes, it’s with theSIM_GTC76; GTC-TC65; TC65 and various Cups, Champs and other folders.

File downloaded yesterday dated 31/10/2015. Created/ modified same date. Accessed 1/11/2015. Size 5.30KB. The date shown seems to be the date downloaded. (Don’t think this is going to help).

I can now access the cars again through Car Dealer as I have messed around a bit and don’t own them. Only able to test drive on three tracks though. I want to race them.  cursing

Yep, will do that during this week. I have done about four new installs of GTL for other mods and never had a problem. Maybe the problem is in the new install of GTL so I will delete all and start again as it seems something got corrupted along the line. BTW the cars look and sound brilliant when test driven.   Grin

I could copy my Game Data folder to my Mediafire account and you could download it? Want to try that?

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 02, 2015, 11:54:46 AM +0000 »

Maybe obvious, but have you added the all cars and tracks cheat to that install?
I still can't get the dedi server to work. I see no cars at all when launching it, it allows me to start it
but it all happens too fast, I don't think it is actually connecting to a lobby.
My normal GTL install has no LOCAL_IP_LOBBY file and somehow connects to altbier
I have tried not having one, and having one with the altbier address and it still doesn't seem
to connecting to anything. ho hum....

My actual game itself now sees all tracks and all cars, but that is a different machine.
Matt, anyway you could copy the Srouk install?

BillThomas

We will rock you! Rock on.

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 02, 2015, 12:02:09 PM +0000 »

Thanks Tony it appeared to be a sequence problem.  As I had problems with no front wheels and other things to do, working car mirrors were low on my to do list.

I had F1 running with virtual mirror and just turning it off leaves the car mirrors still not working.  Starting F1 and going straight into Advanced and removing the Virtual mirror tick results in car mirrors working
and pressing key 1 for virtual mirror no longer turns on the virtual mirror.  Cool rockon

Slipping the trial race to 30 Dec means I now stand a change of being available and I can spend any pre Christmas time to practice and pick a car and get it setup, well my sort of setup!  Wink Roll Eyes

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Another one bites the dust
roguk

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 02, 2015, 02:44:39 PM +0000 »

Hi Tony .... mod installed and tried all cars at Spa67, the cockpits look great and sound is good, a blast to drive, fav cars at mo Eagle 2g and the Coopers with default setups, as you said have turned virtual mirror off wing mirrors are fine. Just worried about online do i have to add or modify a file to get online  (this GTL install will not connect to internet)?
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 02, 2015, 02:49:56 PM +0000 »

Hi Tony .... mod installed and tried all cars at Spa67, the cockpits look great and sound is good, a blast to drive, fav cars at mo Eagle 2g and the Coopers with default setups, as you said have turned virtual mirror off wing mirrors are fine. Just worried about online do i have to add or modify a file to get online  (this GTL install will not connect to internet)?
Online shouldn't be any different procedure to normal for drivers. Admins have to use a different Install to connect to the lobby.

If you created your F1 1967 install from an existing GTL install that had connected successfully to the lobby previously then your F1 1967 install should too as it has the same .plr file.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 03:03:27 PM +0000 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

misnoimis

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 02, 2015, 04:48:50 PM +0000 »

I could copy my Game Data folder to my Mediafire account and you could download it? Want to try that?

Yes please Tony, I have not used MediaFire before but it is worth a try. It could save me some time and grief if it works. Thanks. thumbup1
roguk

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 02, 2015, 05:35:19 PM +0000 »

Hi Tony  ..... new install now connects to lobby but no races shown, also my login name is different, my normal GTL connects to lobby and shows races?
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 02, 2015, 06:29:24 PM +0000 »

Yes please Tony, I have not used MediaFire before but it is worth a try. It could save me some time and grief if it works. Thanks. thumbup1
I'll pm you the download link one it's created.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 02, 2015, 06:31:44 PM +0000 »

Hi Tony  ..... new install now connects to lobby but no races shown, also my login name is different, my normal GTL connects to lobby and shows races?
I'll run the F1 1967 server from Friday evening (approx 19:00) until Saturday mid morning so everyone can see if they join it. The track will be Donington GP.

I'm puzzled by your login name being different. What is your usual login  name and what is the different one?
« Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 06:33:55 PM +0000 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: November 02, 2015, 07:31:37 PM +0000 »

My Homebrew server is up for GTL_F1 with a selection of tracks, if you don't like the track, then move it on to the next one  Grin
It's called SROUK_GTL_F1_Backup or something like that.
default practice password.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 07:35:32 PM +0000 by phspok » Logged

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
roguk

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 02, 2015, 09:30:23 PM +0000 »

Hi Tony ....(What is your usual login  name and what is the different one) usual 4roger4  new install roguk
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 02, 2015, 09:59:06 PM +0000 »

Hi Tony ....(What is your usual login  name and what is the different one) usual 4roger4  new install roguk
Can you email me the .plr files from both installs?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com