by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
May 02, 2024, 10:44:08 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11
  Print  
Author Topic: F1 1967 for GTL - Installation and feedback  (Read 20109 times)
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: November 02, 2015, 10:20:09 PM +0000 »

My Homebrew server is up for GTL_F1 with a selection of tracks, if you don't like the track, then move it on to the next one  Grin
It's called SROUK_GTL_F1_Backup or something like that.
default practice password.
Thanks Matt, that will be a huge help. But is it running now? I just tried to join it and didn't see it in the lobby?

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

BillThomas

We will rock you! Rock on.

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 03, 2015, 12:04:40 PM +0000 »

My Homebrew server is up for GTL_F1 with a selection of tracks, if you don't like the track, then move it on to the next one  Grin
It's called SROUK_GTL_F1_Backup or something like that.
default practice password.
Thanks Matt, that will be a huge help. But is it running now? I just tried to join it and didn't see it in the lobby?

No, I couldn't see it earlier this morning.

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Another one bites the dust
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: November 03, 2015, 01:11:45 PM +0000 »

It was running but I closed it down, as I thought it might be affecting the normal GTL server
I checked mine before I went to last nights race, and it had stopped, so I restarted it, and then couldn't
see the Ukgtl server anymore, so I shut mine down, and then joined the V8 race
I have just restarted my F1 server, be interesting to see if people can see my F1 server
and the normal GTL srouk one.

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 03, 2015, 01:28:19 PM +0000 »

It was running but I closed it down, as I thought it might be affecting the normal GTL server
I checked mine before I went to last nights race, and it had stopped, so I restarted it, and then couldn't
see the Ukgtl server anymore, so I shut mine down, and then joined the V8 race
I have just restarted my F1 server, be interesting to see if people can see my F1 server
and the normal GTL srouk one.
I'll give it a go when I get home tonight and report back

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

misnoimis

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 03, 2015, 05:20:54 PM +0000 »

I don’t know if you got my PM thanking you Tony or if it disappeared into the either.

I have reinstalled GTL, installed the update and the all cars and tracks cheat and used your Game Data folder. (BTW my Game Data folder was mostly the same as yours).I have also changed the PLR file. Still no joy.

I have the GTL F1 cars in My Garage but when I try to practice on a selected track I only get the option of the usual GTL classes. I don’t get the 1967 GTL option appear in the event options. It seems the problem would be solved if I could get this sorted. I have racked my brains as it should be simple to solve on the face of it but nothing I try works. Don’t know what I have done wrong. At least others have got it to work.

I will give it some thought. If anyone has any idea's...
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 03, 2015, 06:51:12 PM +0000 »

I don’t know if you got my PM thanking you Tony or if it disappeared into the either.

I have reinstalled GTL, installed the update and the all cars and tracks cheat and used your Game Data folder. (BTW my Game Data folder was mostly the same as yours).I have also changed the PLR file. Still no joy.

I have the GTL F1 cars in My Garage but when I try to practice on a selected track I only get the option of the usual GTL classes. I don’t get the 1967 GTL option appear in the event options. It seems the problem would be solved if I could get this sorted. I have racked my brains as it should be simple to solve on the face of it but nothing I try works. Don’t know what I have done wrong. At least others have got it to work.

I will give it some thought. If anyone has any idea's...

If your original folder has the "all the cars and tracks" cheat do you need to do it again? It's the only thing in your modus operandi that varies from my instructions.

BTW I did receive your message and promptly forgot to reply, sorry

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 03, 2015, 06:54:45 PM +0000 »

@ Matt, just joined your server with no probs.

Burtoner

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: November 03, 2015, 07:17:18 PM +0000 »

I don't have the Spa track installed, any idea where I can get it?

UKGPL Season 14 Club Champion
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: November 03, 2015, 08:13:45 PM +0000 »

Not sure. it is "probably"
http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=41732

Or, it might ne the default Spa that comes with it.

I had selected 67Spa, but it was running a more modern version, which I think would be the one above
it is running different tracks now, the modern Spa is at the end of the sequence
I can just leave it on a common well know track if that's easier
« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 08:26:14 PM +0000 by phspok » Logged

Burtoner

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: November 03, 2015, 08:37:04 PM +0000 »

right finally on lol.

phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: November 04, 2015, 11:33:11 AM +0000 »

Had some fun last night on my server with Misnoimis and BurtonR seeing who could stay on the track longest  Grin
I like these cars, they will be a hoot in next year's series.

A couple of reservations though. Could be just me, but I have to set unrealistic setups to get them to handle
and the brake bias seems very badly implemented. It is not possible for me to push the bias back far enough
to stop the fronts locking up into ever corner. It won't go lower than 50.5? which should be more than enough
but isn't. I managed some half decent times eventually, but only by learning to basically not brake much
and set the brake level to 80% or so, otherewise the cars are undrivable, some more than others.

I tried the Ferri67 which I liked, the Eagle xG variant which requires great care on the throttle
A cooper which was faster than I expected, and the Big white Honda whale, which is more useful in this
than I remember from GPL. My best time of the evening was a high 1:49 in the Honda. Could go quite
a bit quicker if the dam brakes would work properly  hammer

BillThomas

We will rock you! Rock on.

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 04, 2015, 12:21:35 PM +0000 »

Can log on and drive OK, yes I get brake lock up as Matt wrote.  Very annoying not being able to adjust bias.  Roll Eyes

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Another one bites the dust
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 04, 2015, 12:42:51 PM +0000 »

I'll approach the mod author and see if I can get an explanation for the limited brake adjustment. Doesn't mean we'll get an update though.

misnoimis

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 04, 2015, 12:47:00 PM +0000 »

I managed to go online and practice for about an hour with phspok and BurtonR although I got a GAMEDATA SIM_GTC.gdb mismatch message every time. To start with I was about 6 seconds off the pace in the McLaren at Imola but for the last few laps got it down to about 1-2 seconds with a 1m52s lap. Great fun once I began to learn the track and started to get the hang of the car.

BTW Tony I wasn’t expecting a reply to my PM. I just could find no trace of sending it.

I still have my problems offline, I have tried installing the SIM_GTC.gdb (I notice the original file was compressed) now numerous times after various downloads with no success. I just cannot get the 1967 GPL Class to show in Events Options. The only way I can get to drive the cars is to sell them to the Dealer and test them on one of three tracks. I don’t suppose I need to load Version1 first? It seems that something is missing. Possibly a modification to the “Select Track” Event Option” window. I see the cars in the showroom but it doesn’t show a Class. Anyway, I’ve got to December 30th to crack it.  hammer
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 12:49:31 PM +0000 by misnoimis » Logged
Burtoner

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: November 04, 2015, 12:48:53 PM +0000 »

yeah that was pretty good last night, took while to get the steering sorted and then the braking, finding after about 30mins I was getting the hang of it and getting down to the 50s. I ferrari was great car to drive, I like to try out some of other cars bit more to see what they are like, specially eagle as I know that is fast from my GPL days.

« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 12:55:53 PM +0000 by Burtoner » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com