by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

May 02, 2024, 01:08:46 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11
  Print  
Author Topic: F1 1967 for GTL - Installation and feedback  (Read 20116 times)
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: November 07, 2015, 10:56:03 AM +0000 »

NOTE: If the front wheels are "missing"

Check your .plr file for the line under Graphics Options that says Wheels Visible In Cockpit="1" Make sure yours says 1 and not 0.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 07, 2015, 11:15:10 AM +0000 »

Trust in F1 Season 16 we will race on 1960s GP tracks not current artificially slowed tracks eg Spa.

I have used, where possible, tracks of the period. However some compromises had to be made. For example there is only one version of the Le Mans Bugatti circuit which is almost right but unfortunately uses the modern Le Mans start/finish straight with it's modern day chicanes, which were not there in 1967.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

BillThomas

We will rock you! Rock on.

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 07, 2015, 11:35:50 AM +0000 »

Thanks Tony, the intent is there if not the right version of the tracks being available.  Grin rockon

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Another one bites the dust
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 07, 2015, 12:31:39 PM +0000 »

OK if the interweb goes down in the next hour, I'm turning the lights off and hiding under the bed with the dog!

Just installing a fresh GTL copy from the CD................................blue paper alight and we are standing well back. ninja

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 07, 2015, 12:42:59 PM +0000 »

Just installing a fresh GTL copy from the CD................................blue paper alight and we are standing well back. ninja

Your using Windows XP right?

EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 07, 2015, 12:58:53 PM +0000 »

Yes!  Win XP here... Just to clarify...

I thought i would give myself a virgin copy GTL as a reference point to find and compare folders, before I make a copy of my current GTL working installation and modify as per your instructions.

If I have understood the various posts here correctly, I need a "clean" Game Data folder with just the  2 downloaded F1 files installed? and a third file inserted into the new GTL location?

Don't worry, i'm not fooled, it can't be that simple...............................

Rank   Only when I sweat
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 07, 2015, 01:11:24 PM +0000 »

Yes!  Win XP here... Just to clarify...

I thought i would give myself a virgin copy GTL as a reference point to find and compare folders, before I make a copy of my current GTL working installation and modify as per your instructions.

If I have understood the various posts here correctly, I need a "clean" Game Data folder with just the  2 downloaded F1 files installed? and a third file inserted into the new GTL location?

Don't worry, i'm not fooled, it can't be that simple...............................
The 3rd file can be exported into the GameData folder too. It will work out for itself where it's contents live providing you let the compressed file extractor program do it's thang.

« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 01:13:23 PM +0000 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 07, 2015, 01:21:15 PM +0000 »

It sounds dangerously simple Tony..lol

If the rest of the F1 GTL install remains the same, and the only folder being changed is "Game Data". What should I see in the new Game data location if everything goes to plan?

Rank   Only when I sweat
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 07, 2015, 01:43:25 PM +0000 »

It sounds dangerously simple Tony..lol

If the rest of the F1 GTL install remains the same, and the only folder being changed is "Game Data". What should I see in the new Game data location if everything goes to plan?
In GameData the only change you will see is the date of the file SIM_GTC.gdb

EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 07, 2015, 05:13:56 PM +0000 »

BREAKING NEWS....WORLD WIDE WEB CRASH NARROWLY AVERTED.......CLIVE HAS 67 F1 RUNNING WITH ALL CARS.......EXPERTS SAY IT IS TOO EARLY TO RELAX AS HE HAS NOT TRIED IT ONLINE YET!!.....STOCK MARKETS REPORT INCREASED TRADING........GOVERNMENT ANNOUNCES LOWERING OF THREAT RISK TO AMBER.........OBAMA SAYS " THIS IS A SMALL STEP FOR A MAN, BUT ALMOST A LAP FOR MANKIND"

Rank   Only when I sweat
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 07, 2015, 05:56:12 PM +0000 »

lol lol lol

Congrats

misnoimis

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 11, 2015, 02:57:13 PM +0000 »

DUMMY ALERT This dummy is now up and running with GTL GP 1967 offline and against AI drivers thanks to Tony. Just tried a few laps at virtual Goodwood, brilliant.  thumbup2 Now look out Donnington GP.   Grin Grin Grin
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: November 11, 2015, 02:59:12 PM +0000 »

My GTL_F1 server is up and running most of the time with built in tracks if you want to test it on line.

SROUK_F1_Backup

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
misnoimis

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 11, 2015, 05:12:04 PM +0000 »

For some reason I could get it to sort of work online but not offline. It would be a good idea to test it online again so thanks I will visit your server. thumbup1
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 16, 2015, 01:01:03 PM +0000 »

My GTL_F1 server is up and running most of the time with built in tracks if you want to test it on line.

SROUK_F1_Backup
Thank you Matt  thumbup1

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com