The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

May 02, 2024, 11:46:47 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • Endurance Race - Enna: May 28, 2005
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Endurance Race - 8pm Saturday 28th May 2005 - Enna  (Read 7114 times)
Iain

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2005, 11:56:46 PM +0100 »

just had a race on estoril with the guys left on the server... i took too much wing off and couldnt drive haha! so i had to leave

i have never drove there with a lambo before it was funny

I wondered where you where adrian, i notice last time i was one place behind you, although this time we were top2 NGT not bottom 2 Cheesy
was gutted i got the 'driving bug' after a brill start Cheesy

PS will the replay be downloadable?

GtrRank name = Iain
Zacari

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2005, 01:58:39 AM +0100 »

Well, 90 mins sure was different!  Didn't have a good race personally, overdrove the car far too much (and in the wrong places) decided to be cautious throught the chicanes but tried to make up for that everywhere else far too much!  Also had a horrible few laps in the lead where everyone seemed to throw their car off the road which lost me a heck of a lot of time.

The reason I spun just after Shark did through the chicane was purely frustration at having my lead eroded due to other people making errors, coupled with what I felt at the time to be a disregard of yellow flags by other people.  I've got a feeling the whole street heard me when I went off  Roll Eyes  glad my housemates were out!  Shocked Smiley

After that just had problems with the backend of the car coming round under braking everywhere, which wasn't a tyer issue 'cause it was the same after my stop and no amount of playing witht the brake balance helped either.  Spun a few times in really stupid places, thankfully without affecting anyone else.

The 90 mins was great, hopefully for a 'real' 90 min race there'll be a few more people racing.  Even for a race that length I was suprised how many went out.  Well done to the finishers! And I really hope that's the 1 and only time anyone suffers from the 1fps bug in a race, must be frustrating as hell Sad

EDIT:  silly sp error
« Last Edit: May 29, 2005, 03:15:05 AM +0100 by Zacari » Logged

On GTRank, GTR2Rank and GTLRank as 'Zacari'
Don
Blue and Orange Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2005, 08:26:59 AM +0100 »

i got a good 6 seconds out of the car via the garage .

Tried to settle into a rhythm after that, but sadly a misunderstanding meant I hit Don1 just after the 1st fast chicane.  Sorry Don, I thought you would hold your line Sad just one of those things I think.  Rejoined a few seconds behind the leaders in 3rd.

No problems there Mark.
I have to say that I made one mistake after another last night, from using a car I had never run on that circuit and having no pre race set up planned. I was embarrassingly slow during quali and should have pulled out there and then, but thought I could do with some practice and learn the circuit.
I managed to run the first 45 Min's (albeit 4 laps down). But then the in evertable crash into the second chicane finished my race.
I suppose on a positive level for me  I did learn a bit about being lapped and how to hold my line and  the faster GT's can find their own way through.

ps. a note for Dave(Gizmo), please don't feel you have to make any ruelings on last nights fun race(for me), my mistakes alone will keep you busy all week.
Don.
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2005, 08:57:34 AM +0100 »

Replay available http://replay.ukgtr.org/20050528_Enna/

AdrianD

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2005, 09:04:00 AM +0100 »

Thanks for this Smiley

Iain

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2005, 10:57:14 AM +0100 »

Cheers Picnic  Grin Grin

are we reporting incidents here or no?

every time i press play GTR crashes to desktop Sad
« Last Edit: May 29, 2005, 11:13:01 AM +0100 by Iain » Logged

GtrRank name = Iain
Glide

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2005, 01:32:35 PM +0100 »

Great that replay file.

I am a bit embarrassed about my bad driving yesterday evening. I did make a personal best of 1.35.836 during qually. I started the race with hards front and rear, pitstop strategy of two stops but definitely a very very bad choice..Should have gone for med's.

After ten laps I hit one of those tire barriers at turn 7 and race finished. Angry

Congratulations to those who finished the race.. real endurance!

One question, where do these .txt files come from in the zip file? Huh Is this something that can be found back in a GTR subdirectory?

greetings,

Glide Wink

Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2005, 01:58:36 PM +0100 »

are we reporting incidents here or no?

I don't really have to energy to go through another incident packed "fun" race right now, especially not a 90 minute one. Shocked

To finish first, first you must have fins.
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2005, 03:17:03 PM +0100 »

One question, where do these .txt files come from in the zip file? Huh Is this something that can be found back in a GTR subdirectory?

Have a look in <gtr install dir>\Userdata\LOG\Results

fozzmeister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2005, 07:47:29 PM +0100 »

Rejoin last and gradually catch the NGTs  (Enna really sperates the classes very quickly) and settle behind Fozzmeister, why pass, I would'nt want him breathing down my neck for an hour ?Grin

Don't kid yourself, at least in that race you were waaaaaaaaaaay quicker than me, The only thing i seem to be getting good at is not letting people passed!

I am selling my Virtual Roadster cockpit on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320742210327 / https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=9771.0
iRacing = Matthew Forrester
PaulW

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2005, 08:00:37 PM +0100 »

My dented 911 bodywork is testament to that Fozz  Grin

Give a man a fish- he'll eat for a day. But give him a fishing rod and... he'll break it up for firewood, or just possibly, swap it for a fish.
fozzmeister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2005, 09:10:57 AM +0100 »

My dented 911 bodywork is testament to that Fozz  Grin

Haha, I didn't feel I had much contact with anybody, except for one nasty spin and reverse fiasco. I'm just happy u both kept your cool and didn't nurf me off. I'm going to switch to the 911 in future I think, I think I'm quicker in the 360 but I'm far less capable of handling tire problems / rain / anything in it, and no doubt it won't take me as long to be as quick as the 360 with practice.

Foz

I am selling my Virtual Roadster cockpit on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320742210327 / https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=9771.0
iRacing = Matthew Forrester
BiBo69

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2005, 08:33:52 AM +0100 »

My sunday afternoon became too long to be at home and participate. You were racing already when I connected.  :'(

Fabio Ghezzi on the servers.

You're Fast? Good. You're slow? Good. Just drive clean and enjoy!
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com