The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
May 02, 2024, 03:12:10 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • Elise Fun Race: June 13, 2005
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Next Elise Only Race  (Read 10488 times)
Aagramn
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2005, 10:31:17 PM +0100 »

The formation lap was a complete shambles.

No need to apologise Kidzer. Think it might have been my fault I was stopped on the track, but I need to see a replay to work out exactly what happened. After we went through the last two corners at full speed with the cars ahead a long way down the track I thought we were already racing, and got caught out when the car in front of me braked hard.

Do you have a server replay please Picnic? Failing that, does anyone have a client replay?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2005, 10:46:15 PM +0100 by Aagramn » Logged

Team Shark

GT Rank Name: Michael Bennett

The correct procedure is brake-swear, not swear-brake.
Bombdogs

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2005, 10:31:43 PM +0100 »

yep, not sure what happened on that first one, but i was near the back & came down the start/finish straight at 150mph to find a WALL of cars stretching the entire width of the track. not suprisingly i hit one of them. u should of stuck around tho aagramn - the rest of the races were great.

enjoyed popping my elise cherry tonight, suprisingly, some top racing to be had in them - thanks chaps.

PMF
Iain

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2005, 10:33:23 PM +0100 »

that was way fun

i gotta stop overdriving Cheesy

GtrRank name = Iain
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2005, 10:47:06 PM +0100 »

Need to review that first race start, however, in a big grid even driving steady you will have to expect the front of the field to be a long way ahead of the back. U should have stuck around Aagramn, the second race was good, especially with it auto reversing the finishing positions from the race before I had to come from back of field to win.

There also seemed to be some confusion i reckon about the speed due to mph kph, so let's just clarify that again....
70 MPH or 110 KPH.

The formation lap should be easy, just stick with the guy in front, no sudden braking or swerving. Steady pace (sometimes braking for corners that need to be taken slower than 70mph) and stay to the side of the guy in front if you are worried about hitting the back that way you wont.

NEXT WEEK WE WILL DO THIS FOR THE SPECIAL EVENT.
Same time next week.
Vertigo Challenge.
Same format as this week.
I will supply a setup for those that want one (and will post link with calendar entry).

(I'll put in the calendar soon)

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
Jamera

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2005, 07:57:32 AM +0100 »

The formation lap was a complete shambles.

No need to apologise Kidzer. Think it might have been my fault I was stopped on the track, but I need to see a replay to work out exactly what happened. After we went through the last two corners at full speed with the cars ahead a long way down the track I thought we were already racing, and got caught out when the car in front of me braked hard.

Do you have a server replay please Picnic? Failing that, does anyone have a client replay?

Thats exactly what I thought, that we'd gone from a standing start lol. My apologies to anyone that I "may" have fooked up during 1st formation lap
Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2005, 08:12:49 AM +0100 »

I enjoyed all three races. I was on second place in a first start and, ok the pace lap maybe was a triffle too fast (but not too much, I agree with Shark), but like that I didn't have to wory too much about the car behind hitting me. First race was good, direct competing with Shark is tense but thrilling.

Later races were a definite improvement overall, differecies among drivers were lessened and there were more mistakes due to tenser duels. More so in the third race when we were trying to overtake Fozzmeister. I spun three times... Caught again, etc. Fun, fun, fun!!!

There were tense duels and contacts, but all was unintentional and fair!

Lets do it again!   
ginsters sponsored
Grey Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2005, 08:48:52 AM +0100 »

Even had fun toodling around at the back. You would never guess, but it was my first time with elise Wink

Hopefully it will be as much fun getting my arse kicked with another car I haven't touched next week.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2005, 09:49:42 AM +0100 by ginsters sponsored » Logged

Paul968
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2005, 08:58:55 AM +0100 »

NEXT WEEK WE WILL DO THIS FOR THE SPECIAL EVENT.
Same time next week.
Vertigo Challenge.
Same format as this week.
I will supply a setup for those that want one (and will post link with calendar entry).

Please can we run some of these races on other days - Mondays are impossible for me.

Paul
popabawa
Legendary Leader
Former Moderators

Less yapping and more lapping!

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2005, 09:40:02 AM +0100 »

That was great fun!

I like Elise racing, it means I can finish on the same lap as the winner! (just!) That's never happened before Smiley

The only slight spoiler was that I had the 1 FPS bug twice during qualifying which meant leaving the event and rejoining so I ended up on the back row of the grid.

During the 'real' league races, will the qualifying sessions be left open so that we can rejoin if the dreaded 1 FPS bug hits? (i.e. they're not going to be locked after practice)

Pops,

Legends Racing simracing team
rufbtr

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2005, 10:35:39 AM +0100 »

boogers,

i had the 1fps thingy during the race, i was really pissed, i had all sorts of problems racing online, 1fps, total lockup of pc, GTR freeze when somebody joined.  don't know if it is the no-cd server.exe. but i don't like it this way.

in the 1e race i  was climbing my way up, untill the 1fps thing happened, actually it was a 10fps thing, so i drove a while with a 10fps screen, but that was only annoying.

2e an 3e race i wasn't there annymore, because i couldn't join .

strange things are still in the online feature of the game.
Paul968
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2005, 11:31:22 AM +0100 »

Just seen the race day announcement  Sad Oh well, never mind.

Paul
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: June 14, 2005, 12:06:59 PM +0100 »

I had the 1FPS bug too, yet again. Not sure I've managed an evening online since they released the noDX server without getting it.

However, this time when i left the game I went and turned off all the replay options and I didn't get the bug again all evening.

I wonder if there is some correlation, I'm sure I've tried that before, but not sure now. Maybe worth a go for those getting the bug as I tell you this bug is extremely annoying and if our members (including me) keep getting plagued with it with no solution from Simbin it's going to mean a lot of dissapointed people come championship races.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
PaulW

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: June 14, 2005, 02:38:10 PM +0100 »

I've a shoulder Op that will mean I'm out of action for a few days so will have to miss the Vertigo races  :'(

The start line issues (specifically, suddenly seeing cars appear in front of you as you accelerate out of the formation lap) sound a lot like what happened to us at Estoril recently. I hope you're wrong Shark and these bugs don't feck things up for people during important league races. Odds on we will all be shafted at some point though Roll Eyes

Give a man a fish- he'll eat for a day. But give him a fishing rod and... he'll break it up for firewood, or just possibly, swap it for a fish.
fozzmeister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: June 14, 2005, 03:45:11 PM +0100 »

I don't think cars appeared like in Estoril where I had no chance, I think it was just stupid driving on my part and others.

I am selling my Virtual Roadster cockpit on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320742210327 / https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=9771.0
iRacing = Matthew Forrester
David M

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: June 14, 2005, 04:27:49 PM +0100 »

2nd race was great fun! Should've gone for the lead in the first 3 laps, ended up getting frustrated at my lack of progress (here I was 2nd, right on the tail of the leader!) and just eded up driving scrappy after I spun and punctured both rear tyres, decided to call it a day there as I had school today  Angry
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com