The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

May 02, 2024, 04:52:44 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fun Race - Thursday  (Read 5668 times)
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2005, 08:22:05 PM +0100 »

Just started the server, sorry it was so late but I've had a bit of a work panic on Sad

Just booting client now, so I'll see if it got dumped in the backup lobby. It took a long time to start up which is usually a bad sign

PaulW

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2005, 11:22:25 PM +0100 »

Great race all, enjoyed that a lot. Joined a bit late and felt pretty rusty right through Q2 and the first chunk of the race to be honest. Also fecked up the pitstop because I forgot which key does the ignition  Roll Eyes Grin Got a DFP recently and haven't quite got the key mapping sussed yet.

Not sure what happened at the start there. From my point of view it looked like a Lambo just dropped onto the grid from nowhere as we started the 1st lap- span avoiding it and also nudged Fozz in the process. Could well be a buggy type thing with the car not showing or something.

Was just thinking Mark, it's a shame the Gillet isn't more of a contender. It looks awesome and sounds even better when it's breathing down your neck, really aaaaaangry.

Give a man a fish- he'll eat for a day. But give him a fishing rod and... he'll break it up for firewood, or just possibly, swap it for a fish.
Iain

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2005, 11:39:26 PM +0100 »

i was the lambo... my game froze on the grid and suddenly i am behind all the ngts

i was debating weather to gt or ngt tonight
i took my modena and was fastest by a fair bit in ngt, so i swap to the lambo

i dont know much about it so i went with a 1 stopper strategy, which was a shame because i pitted from the lead

got back up to 3rd and forgot about the last lap pressing escape too early and getting a DNF!!!

lol

i guess thats good, as all the fun races are a learning experience, and i wont do that in a season race now

was a lot of mistake from me, so i could have done better, i hope i can get all the driving bugs out of the system ready for season start !

also i couldnt race after, i goot a 1fps bug then i had to restart and my connection only just came back Sad stupid internet!

GtrRank name = Iain
Mark Harrison

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2005, 11:57:30 PM +0100 »

Good race for me.  Hadn't driven the track for a month, and had never driven it in any NGT before, so it was always going to be an experience Shocked

So, the game CTD's as I pull out of the pits.  With 4 minutes of practice to go.  Just got back in in time.  The game then froze for 20 seconds as I pulled out in warmup  Angry still, the race started, and it was OK.

I'd copied a Barcelona setup over which was ok, now....which way did the track go again?  Thankfully there was a formation lap.  Set off, and blundered my way round for the first few laps, making a few dumb errors.  Was chasing Fozz, but had no hope of passing him on the straights, with the Vertigo's straight line speed (or lack thereof).  Eventually I forced a small mistake in turn 3, and I nipped through on the inside.

Set about catching picnic, who was 3 second up the road, so I made a dumb mistake in the Corkscrew, which cost me 5 seconds  Sad still, I got into a rhythm after that, and was able to close fairly quickly, lapping high 44's/low 45's.  For some reason, Picnic slowed as I got near, and I got past on the straight (?) which was weird.  Got a couple of seconds ahead, and had a massive moment coming out of the Parabolica - slammed on the anchors, full opposite lock, and just saved it!  Very scary, but I got away with it.

Still, got a good gap after that, and everyone pitted, leaving me all alone.  The Vertigo's brilliant on tyres, so I went the whole race on mediums, even with a few moments.  Thought I was destined for 5th overall, until Don1 generously donated me 4th place, and Iain even more generously gave me 3rd by escaping too early Tongue thanks guys Cheesy

Did a fastest lap of 43.9, which I was pleased with as well.  Estoril's one of those annoying tracks where if you push, you go off, so I was pleased to finish having done a total of one practice lap, LOL.

Cheers all Smiley
« Last Edit: June 10, 2005, 12:00:38 AM +0100 by Mark Harrison » Logged
fozzmeister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2005, 12:53:49 AM +0100 »

I was competitve in Qualify in Race trim, so I was exstatic, true by that time my fuel was low, but I was consistently fast.

It all went to pot in the race really, I could blame, the start incident, I was coming down the straight speeding up as we all crossed the line and a big black car just appeared infront of me (literally), I slammed on the anchors but it was too late, got booted up the rear by PaulW (not your fault m8, I should not be breaking there!) and did a crazy mario bros style jump, about the height of the roof of the garages, thankfully I landed flat and was able to continue, actually looking in my mirror, while I was the one who was hit, I came out pretty well, it was chaos behind me!

It didn't take Mark Harrison long to catch me in the race, and I was pushing a bit too hard, I basically just decided that I was no where near my qual speed so decided to speed up (but did so too much). I pretty much did the same thing when being chased by PaulW. I guess while I'm getting to know the track, the line of what is safe and what isn't isn't firmly in my mind yet on that track, I'm still racing more by feel rather than by reference of braking points in a few places.

I started to close very slowly, and then it was pit time, But I turned my engine off and they would not put fuel in, lost a shed load of time and finished miles back.

On the plus side I was _so_close_ to being fast enough, and just need a bit more practice to keep it on the road on that track and I'll not be last next time!

After the race Me, PaulW and Iain (did u actually make the race Iain?) went on Jolts public server. there was a start line masacre that I got thru well, and for once no first corner incident. Anyway Quali'd about half way up the grid infront of a shed load of GT cars in my 360 with a time of 1:37.2 (was 0.8 up on that too when we went to next sesh). I only got _booted_ off the track twice and finished 6th, out of about 12... I'm sure the Quick UKGTR guys would walk any of the people on thier, most people are just total amateurs.

Anyway I had a blast guys, Thanks so much for the game, When we going next?

Fozzmeister

I am selling my Virtual Roadster cockpit on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320742210327 / https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=9771.0
iRacing = Matthew Forrester
AdrianD

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2005, 09:56:17 AM +0100 »

I wish I'd made it Sad

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2005, 11:06:33 AM +0100 »

I can't get my head round qualifying, doesn't matter what I do I fuel the car up and go as fast in the race. Qualified with a 44.6, did a 44.7 in the race on about lap 4 or 5. I haven't really done any longer runs so was hoping to keep it smooth and conserve tyres and do the 45 min race on mediums with no stop. Mark got passed me quite quicky, I decided to run wide onto the back straight and the Vertigo had the legs on me mainly due to mny slow exit from the previous corner.I did think "great he is now pitting" as Mark veared towards the pit entrance, but that was his moment he mentioned. Sadly after about 37 mins I spun off, I think because of the front right tyre going rather than losing the tyre as a result of the spin. Poodled back to the pits to get some new boots.

Now why does the system want to put shed loads of fuel in when I set my pit strategy to 0 stops  Huh

Couldn't do decent laptime with the new rubber but held station relative to the car behind. I celebrated my win in class  Grin in style, the Vertigo was classed as G2 by GTR and it's my server so for this race it was not a NGT  Tongue  Wink

Mark Harrison

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2005, 11:57:18 AM +0100 »

Couldn't do decent laptime with the new rubber but held station relative to the car behind. I celebrated my win in class  Grin in style, the Vertigo was classed as G2 by GTR and it's my server so for this race it was not a NGT  Tongue  Wink

LOL, er... "congratulations" I think Grin

I won in class too then.  And was also last.  Hehehe Shocked
Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2005, 02:32:18 PM +0100 »

I came in 2nd with my saleen, but I must've spun 10 times at least and I had a false start (stop & go). So I'm quite satisfied with the outcome, though in real race... And considering that I hate this track and had a first serious run on it I'm also quite satisfied about setting my car almost good. Can't wait for the next race! But on another track. I'd like to try Mugello some time.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com