The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

May 02, 2024, 01:28:08 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • Large Grid Test - Spa: July 22, 2005
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Large Grid Test on Server  (Read 7573 times)
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2005, 01:25:41 PM +0100 »

I've added an event to the Calendar for Friday the 22nd @ Spa. Server will be up from 8, so I hope to see lots of you there Smiley

As this is testing it will be mainly a practice session, after esting we will finish with a quick 20 min race or two. Open car choice, the more the merrier in my book Wink

Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2005, 04:48:40 PM +0100 »

I'll try and make it but I'm going out for a drink with an old friend who's visiting from New Zealand and he's threatened to "rip my ***king lungs out" if I don't make it. Wink (Trust me it's much funnier when he says it! Cheesy )

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Bombdogs

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2005, 06:14:31 PM +0100 »

i'll pop in to make up the numbers for you.

PMF
David M

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2005, 08:00:19 PM +0100 »

Nuts, im out on friday, sorry lads  Sad
simon67

part time lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2005, 11:06:15 PM +0100 »

should be able to be there

Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2005, 12:20:39 PM +0100 »

Probably not going to be able to make it.

However if you get practice 1 running before 8pm I might be able to join with both my machines and leave them connected whilst I go out to help increase the numbers connected??

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
rufbtr

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2005, 02:21:56 PM +0100 »

i  will be there.
silver53

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2005, 08:42:51 PM +0100 »

Hi Guys may finally have sorted the puter would like to have a go if I am not banned.bye for now gerald
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2005, 06:56:14 PM +0100 »

It seems other leagues believe that setting the client connection type to ISDN, could we all try this for tonight please.

In case you don't know how to set it when you are on the lobby screen the connection type is in the top left hand corner. Just move it until it says ISDN.

See you all a bit later Cheesy

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2005, 10:03:16 PM +0100 »

Sorry to waste the time of the few who turned up, my optimism was unfounded. We went public in the end but at 25 and above the pings were still dire Sad Still if you don't try you won't know.

Had a fun race at Enna which I enjoyed including a couple of super spins Cheesy

silver53

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2005, 11:27:42 PM +0100 »

Hi picnic I pulled out as you all had ngt and I a gt could not rejoin with a ngt. but the old puter is now fairly stable.gerald
Iain

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2005, 01:51:43 AM +0100 »

unlucky it didnt work out

noticed as soon as the public were in the swearing begins LOL

got too many CTDs to be bothered to race Grin

GtrRank name = Iain
fozzmeister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2005, 09:41:50 AM +0100 »

Sorry to waste the time of the few who turned up, my optimism was unfounded. We went public in the end but at 25 and above the pings were still dire Sad Still if you don't try you won't know.

Had a fun race at Enna which I enjoyed including a couple of super spins Cheesy

Yeh the racing at Enna was fantastic,

I've always gone from a race setup to qual, at enna im reversing it as qualify is so important so my first race was dire, at least I showed a lot of speed Smiley . I could bash over any curb pretty much no problem which was really good, I imagine it would be quite intimidating picking a way through the chicanes with me behind crawling all over them.

The second race was super crazy, Think I spun early on and drove like a madman took the leed from Sponsored By Ginsters at the first corner, led for about 3 corners, spun back to second about 9 seconds back drove like a mad man again, nearly overtook in about the third corner of the first set of corners, but out braked myself, no contact but Sponsored could not very well drive thru me and we both ended up having to go across the grass. Feeling guilty I let Sponsored through again and caught him up about a lap later, He then had a moment into one of the chicanes and nurfed the tires hard, I was braking at the last possible moment in the hope of overtaking again and that slight destraction (and yipee the race is mine) caused me to go into them too, unfortantely I killed my engine and about everything else, Sponsored carried on for 1.5 laps and won.

Overall very good racing. I think I'm pretty well setup for the Enna races, just need to calm it down a bit and I don't think a podium (NGT) would be totally out of the question with a little bit of luck, but gotta finish the race and keep it clean first.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2005, 09:50:35 AM +0100 by fozzmeister » Logged

I am selling my Virtual Roadster cockpit on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320742210327 / https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=9771.0
iRacing = Matthew Forrester
Jamera

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2005, 10:22:48 AM +0100 »

Well I learnt an awful lot about the track last night, mainly that I MUST KEEP THE POWER ON OVER THE KERBS lol, thanks Fozz.

Managed to get a PB of 1:44 in the GT3RS in race trim, which I'm really pleased with because I've trimmed a whopping 4 secs off my qualy set up PB  Smiley

Still a couple of turns I know i should be able to go quicker through if I can work out the correct line, power off/ power on combination. Do have have trouble keeping it from swapping ends at turn 10 though, enter it plenty slow enough, ease the power back on and "Whoops there it goes again"
I'm going to try and have a long practise session against the AI today and see if I nail it  Smiley

But all in all a really good couple of races last night.
Wilier

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2005, 10:48:09 AM +0100 »

picnic,

it might be worth getting in touch with Tim Mcarthur, he runs a 56 slot server in the GTR-Endurance series might have some helpfull tips matey?

"...please stay on the road this time...."
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com