The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
May 03, 2024, 06:51:39 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Assetto Corsa Fun Race - 18th March - Z4 v Elise at Grobnik  (Read 4552 times)
Tibernius
Director, AC
Former Moderators

View Profile
« on: March 13, 2015, 02:32:03 PM +0000 »

Booking: From 19:15 (GMT) (60 mins)
Practice: 20:15 (15 mins)
Qual: 20:30 (15 mins)
Race: 20:45 17 Laps (approx 30 mins)

Cars allowed:
BMW Z4 E89 S1, Lotus Elise SC S1

Track: Automotodrom Grobnik, Croatia http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/automotodrom-grobnik.4835/
Time of Day Setting: 14:00
Weather: Mid Clear
Start: Standing
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel consumption: Normal
Pit-stops: None required

Server track settings:
SESSION_START=97
SESSION_TRANSFER=60
RANDOMNESS=
LAP_GAIN=60

Damage: 50%

Server: simracing.org.uk
Password: Our usual practise password

All drivers must be booked in to race before booking closes at 20:15 UK time.

IMPORTANT: The PLP app (found here) is required.

These are fun events only. No results are recorded.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 10:44:24 AM +0000 by Tibernius » Logged
Jester

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2015, 12:12:38 PM +0000 »

Got a practice server running until Sunday evening 19:00 GMT, or until Pete has one running. I can also set it up (not Sunday evening) when Pete's needed for other races.
Btw what is the damage setting? I've got mine on 70% at the moment.

Erik Roeterdink aka Jester
my apps and settings
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2015, 12:39:44 PM +0000 »

Got a practice server running until Sunday evening 19:00 GMT, or until Pete has one running. I can also set it up (not Sunday evening) when Pete's needed for other races.
Btw what is the damage setting? I've got mine on 70% at the moment.

Used to be 50% but not sure if that's changed.

Very nice track this. Raced an 80 lap endurance here a couple of weeks ago and was very impressed.

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2015, 02:50:41 PM +0000 »

Practice server is up.

Damage has been on 100% I suspect for awhile! Guess it should be included as part of the race announcement post, not just to remind me but to ensure everyone knows. I've put it to 50% for now.

Tibernius
Director, AC
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2015, 11:06:39 AM +0000 »

Please note the requirement in the announcement for the Pit Lane Penalty (PLP) app. Given Kunos' ridiculous cut detection (which punishes you if you have a spin as much as if you'd actually cut, and has the most bizarre penalty I've ever heard of) this will be used instead.

For those who haven't used it: it introduces a system similar to that in GTL and GTR2 - if you go off track but obviously don't gain an advantage, you won't get a warning. It detects this by how much you've slowed down while off track. 3 warnings and you get a DRIVE THROUGH penalty, which you have to take within 3 laps - if you stop in the box, you'll have to take the penalty again on another lap.

Cuts, penalties issued, penalties taken and penalties ignored are all announced in chat, and written to the server logs. Failure to take a penalty issued by the app will result in disciplinary action.

The app is adjustable, but we will be running it in its default form. When you join the server, a message is displayed saying if you're running the app, which version you're running and what settings you have - in future, if you're not running the mod, running the wrong version of the mod or running it with the wrong settings, you won't be able to race. So don't say I didn't warn you!
ChrisR
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2015, 11:42:25 AM +0000 »

This isnt meant as a complaint but probably will sound like it but why do we have to race all the time at 14:00??ac offers some good early morning and late evening visuals just to mix it up a little..sure it makes spotting brake points harder and generally harder driving into the sun but isnt that a good thing? Just to add a little variety?

Think about fuel wear ? Why not make it so we have to pit to add yet another element of thought into a race.

Also if you going to use dynamic track at least work it out so you have 100% grip or at least the last half of the race.. If you use a high lapgain on a long track you might as well just turn dynamic track off.

And for the love of anything holy.. Why on earth are you not using dlc content?

Who in their right mind is going to race here when they have 10 new cars to play with..

Luka Peklaj

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2015, 11:57:42 AM +0000 »

Hey. Good news. New computer arrived!! laugh
Grobnik in AC!!?!! That's the closest tract to where i leave. I'm from Slovenia and this is just across border to Croatia. Sure hope I'll have time to join you guys!
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 11:59:17 AM +0000 by Luka Peklaj » Logged
Tibernius
Director, AC
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2015, 12:15:06 PM +0000 »

This isnt meant as a complaint but probably will sound like it...

Everything you've mentioned is being sorted out - this is the last fun race before the championship/cup races start.
Fuel usage and tyre wear values will vary for different series, I'll have a look at the dynamic track settings (I don't know how it works myself, I'm just going with the settings from previous races), starting times will vary as well, and DLC content will be used from next week onwards.
ChrisR
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2015, 12:39:46 PM +0000 »

Lap gain = how many laps 1 car has to do to increase grip by 1%.

1 car that does 60 laps raises 1%
2 cars that do 60 laps raises 2%
3 cars that do 60 laps raises 3%

And so and and so on..

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2015, 12:49:35 PM +0000 »

Lap gain = how many laps 1 car has to do to increase grip by 1%.

1 car that does 60 laps raises 1%
2 cars that do 60 laps raises 2%
3 cars that do 60 laps raises 3%

And so and and so on..

So it depends on how many drivers we have racing and how many laps each car does in practise and quali which will then determine how much grip there is at race start. I always aimed to reach 100% mid race with these settings but ultimately it will vary depending on how many drivers we have for each event.

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
ChrisR
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2015, 02:10:50 PM +0000 »

Tbh the whole way it works is stupid.. Why you can change how fast a track rubbers in is beyond me, it should just be built into the engine..

If im honest its probably better just to do away with dynamic track and just set it at a more realistic 98% and leave it at that.

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2015, 02:48:46 PM +0000 »

Tbh the whole way it works is stupid.. Why you can change how fast a track rubbers in is beyond me, it should just be built into the engine..
If you follow that argument logically then you won't have variable damage, fuel use or tyre wear. Not keen on having those being adjustable personally but traditionally the league has used these to force pitstops in shorter races.

Jester

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2015, 02:50:46 PM +0000 »

There is a grip calculator, but you need to know how many drivers there shall be for each race. A sign-up could be used for that.

Erik Roeterdink aka Jester
my apps and settings
ChrisR
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2015, 04:18:54 PM +0000 »

If you follow that argument logically then you won't have variable damage, fuel use or tyre wear. Not keen on having those being adjustable personally but traditionally the league has used these to force pitstops in shorter races.

If its just a simple tyre wear or fuel usage accelerator thats fine, but the grip is far from..

Tibernius
Director, AC
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2015, 04:23:38 PM +0000 »

Honestly I'd prefer to have the grip fixed in the sim, and tyre wear and fuel usage also fixed, but have time acceleration linked to all of them. So 2x time acceleration = 2x fuel, 2x tyre wear, 2x track grip changes.

Having said that, this is what we've got and we might as well try to get the best out of it. I'll see what I can do about having a better system in place from next week onwards.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com