by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

May 02, 2024, 08:10:16 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • L6S Imola: December 18, 2008
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Season 6 Porsche 911S Mod Test - Imola - Dec 18  (Read 14841 times)
Minton
« Reply #120 on: December 19, 2008, 07:36:41 AM +0000 »

Sounds like the race was a good one ,need to watch the replay.  Think i Over revved the vette a few too many times but to be honest its more likely the engines builders fault. Tongue

Merry Christmas to everyone, Hope Father Christmas brings you everything you want/need. Grin
psuedo
Pink Leader
Former Moderators

Team Pseudo Racing

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 19, 2008, 08:01:01 AM +0000 »

results and replay in

"I spend 95% of my money on women and booze. --The rest I just wasted." (Georgie Best)
pribeiro

Animals and racing lover

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 19, 2008, 09:27:40 AM +0000 »

Thanks for this explendid event SBG aka Santa Claus (i knew you exist, i just didn't know you were SBG)  balloon

After the start, tried to stay with Steve's Pantera, i did, but only for 2 laps.
Steve was faster than me 1-2 seconds a lap.
Despite my race been alone for 16 laps, i loved it. Never ever drove the works Pantera
and i was praying for a drive at the slower Pant, fortunately happened last night.
I believe the mix was great, but Corvette driven by  alien must be forbiden  lol
Not fan of Imola, but last night, i could drive there for 2 hours.  yes

Waiting for next events deeply.

Cheers

Isn't my avatar amazingly sweet?
Steve Holmes
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 19, 2008, 09:54:59 AM +0000 »

I totally agree with PR there, I didn't get much close racing (apart from teasing Dan and Jeff as they zoomed by) but I so enjoyed driving the Pantera last night, just lapping on my own revelling in one of the nicest handling cars out there.  Cool  Good traction too, you can hammer the throttle and just a little shimmy at the rear and you're away.

Guess that's why I was away ahead of Dan, just easier to launch the Pantera.  I wanted to have a bit of a dice with Dan before he got by but I'm sure he just wanted to build a lead before Jeff appeared so mindless blocking wasn't on the cards in a car 2-3 seconds slower.  Still was fun for a lap or two making you sweat!

Same with Jeff, when he appeared in the mirrors around lap 6/7 I thought 'so soon!' but gave you a little bit of a race, a little side by side, but again, would be unsporting to weave around.  I wonder who would have won if Dan's stupid engine hadn't blown?

Apart from that got increasingly carried away flicking the car around until I clipped the tyres on the final chicane and lost 8 seconds, so I calmed down a bit after that.  And no sweat Legzy, it added to the excitement!

Sheer pleasure, more like that please (hope the 911S mod can be resurrected somehow for the future too).

Happy Christmas to everyone, enjoy the break.  Smiley

Blunder
iRacing Indycar Host
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 19, 2008, 10:00:45 AM +0000 »

Wow! how much fun was that!
Spent ages practicing with the Porsche, ( and getting nowhere fast ! ) and only heard about it being dropped
because Legzy rang to tell me! Thanks buddy!
Had been drinkin since 11.30am, Xmas do etc. and was suprised I could see the monitor!
tried the 914 about 7pm but again was very slow.
Loaded up the Pantera and loaded my Le Mans set up and I was flying! until i noticed I'd picked the fast one! idiot!  Grin
Anyway the slow one wasn't that slow with the same set up so had done about 10 laps before the race.
Qualified in 11th, I think and seemed to have lots of pace! ( That was a suprise! ) and managed to get up to 5th reasonably quickly!
Then an unforced error left me in the barrier at the bottom of the hill! rats! down to 13th!
Rejoined and fought back up and was expecting 8th or 9th but others foes over the last five laps gave me 5th!
Was chasing M s claus for my Xmas pressie on the last lap! when he had a minor moment on that tricky up hill slow righthander! I went slightly wider,
half to avoid him and half because I could !! and raced towards the chicane. Not sure if m s claus was feeling kind!? but I managed to get through in front and made it to the home straight still ahead. Then was wondering if that move was a little unfair as I had taken to the concrete on the exit of the corner so hung back to let Mr Claus back through! but he was not interested!

A very enjoyable 4th! So many close battles all through the race! too many to mention!  great driving all.

Merry Christmas!

Rgds

M. Grin
« Last Edit: December 19, 2008, 10:20:36 AM +0000 by Martin 'Blunder!' Mason » Logged

I'd rather be iRacing Ovals.... Smiley     iRacing id= Martin Mason
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 19, 2008, 10:39:02 AM +0000 »

Was an interesting race trying to pass on this track. I didn't want to overtake somebody too eagerly and took it safe IIRC Tongue.

Dan would have won the race easily if he didn't blow up. The gap was still 10s and I was only gaining between 0,5-1,5 s a lap. Were you on shortest gearing Dan? My Vette engines even lasted in an enduro race, so I was surprised to see yours blow up. Maybe the red Vette is weaker and my engine was close to blowing up as well Smiley.
Ade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #126 on: December 19, 2008, 01:14:14 PM +0000 »

Couldn't help but notice the Cwapri was hopelessly out powered even on this track :'( I saw Ade driving the wheels off it but getting mullered, must have been disheartening. Thx for taking it nonetheless and here's hoping we use it somewhere as I enjoy it.
I was enjoying that and it wasn't disheartening at all(I'm used to being overtaken)until my game crashed and i was put back in the garage with the weird graphics again so i couldn't even watch the rest of the race Huh sorry to Martin B Mason for the knock at the first chicane you did cut across my bow a bit to soon Shocked
Thanks all and have a Merry Christmas,Seasons Greetings, Happy Holidays and a Happy Winter Solstice to you all(Take your pick)And all the best for the New Year.

Cheers Ade and the Goth

IF IT AIN'T BROKE....IT SOON WILL BE!!
Steve Holmes
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 19, 2008, 01:27:14 PM +0000 »

Something's gone a little wrong with the results import, apart from no-one having any team info, the result is coming up as a DNF in everyone's profile racing history.

psuedo
Pink Leader
Former Moderators

Team Pseudo Racing

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 19, 2008, 03:15:51 PM +0000 »

We had best ask someone more knowledgable....or with less beer in them....to take a look. Dont know why there is no team details etc. Huh

"I spend 95% of my money on women and booze. --The rest I just wasted." (Georgie Best)
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #129 on: December 19, 2008, 03:29:11 PM +0000 »

Something's gone a little wrong with the results import, apart from no-one having any team info, the result is coming up as a DNF in everyone's profile racing history.

No team info is characteristic of the Generate Standings button not having been pressed hard enough...
*presses it very hard*
Ooh look... Wink

To finish first, first you must have fins.
psuedo
Pink Leader
Former Moderators

Team Pseudo Racing

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 19, 2008, 03:33:57 PM +0000 »

Embarrassed....I hate beer!

Steve Holmes
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 19, 2008, 03:48:56 PM +0000 »

I wasn't going to say anything about too much Christmas cheer, but I did have my suspicions...... Grin

Thanks guys.  thumbup1

Minton
« Reply #132 on: December 19, 2008, 07:21:36 PM +0000 »

Were you on shortest gearing Dan?

Think i was using medium gears with the revs set to max, just over revved it too many times whilst looking in the mirrors for another corvette. Roll Eyes
I should of taken the GT 40 and a had a battle with a few peeps.

Saying that it would have been good if a few more people took the Vette . Flupping awesome to drive.
Steve Holmes
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 19, 2008, 07:42:53 PM +0000 »

Unofficial Lapchart

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com