by SimRacing.org.uk  

Read this first!    

May 02, 2024, 07:28:23 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10
  Print  
Author Topic: Club England Announcements  (Read 23108 times)
mr_oily
Former Moderators

www.steelsnaps.co.uk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: December 20, 2011, 09:16:42 AM +0000 »

Awesome stuff at Oulton last night Ken, I'm surprised it took until the last lap for that to go pear shaped quite honestly. More than one brown trouser moment!

You must have been laughing all the way to the finish line Wink

Nice to have a few SROU faces there again - what a car/ track combination that is.
Ken Murray

Ducati 996 @ Cadwell Mountain

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 20, 2011, 07:54:54 PM +0000 »

Awesome stuff at Oulton last night Ken, I'm surprised it took until the last lap for that to go pear shaped quite honestly. More than one brown trouser moment!

You must have been laughing all the way to the finish line Wink

Nice to have a few SROU faces there again - what a car/ track combination that is.

Absolutely James, great racing and yes I did have a little chuckle to myself as I trundled over the line!!
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: December 21, 2011, 08:16:06 AM +0000 »

Hmm, Sukuza GP in the MX-5s (sounds lonely) or Liverpool vs Wigan on the box. Undecided

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: December 28, 2011, 04:15:01 PM +0000 »

Looks like there is an MX-5 race tonight...
http://members.iracing.com/jforum/posts/list/1835547.page

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
mr_oily
Former Moderators

www.steelsnaps.co.uk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: December 29, 2011, 05:31:52 PM +0000 »

Shame I couldn't make that one but thanks for the heads up Simon - Monday's postponed Skippy race is tonight in case you hadn't realised.

I've just started a 4 hour praccy server without a pwd so feel free to come and join me...

http://members.iracing.com/jforum/posts/list/0/1835698.page#4044755
mr_oily
Former Moderators

www.steelsnaps.co.uk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: January 25, 2012, 06:12:33 PM +0000 »

MX-5's @ Spa tonight - always a giggle.

http://members.iracing.com/jforum/posts/list/1840172.page
Darren Seal
« Reply #51 on: January 25, 2012, 08:35:57 PM +0000 »

MX-5's @ Spa tonight - always a giggle.

http://members.iracing.com/jforum/posts/list/1840172.page

Dang! Sad

This season has been a real wash out for me.  I hope to be back for next season...

Good luck for tonight Jimbo Smiley
mr_oily
Former Moderators

www.steelsnaps.co.uk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: January 26, 2012, 10:08:11 AM +0000 »

Thanks Daz but you didn't miss much don't worry - think it must have been the lure of the footie or something, barely anyone there! I got punted early on, bending the wagon, then got a black flag for cutting the track and in the end I just quit in disgust LOL. Sorry Brendan, thought I had the pace to make it semi interesting for you but wasn't happening.

Joined Legz & Spanner in the Star Mazda @ Spa in the runoffs after though which was a bit of fun - surprisingly quite a physical race that for 40 mins! Then tried the Jetta around Suzuka in the Clubman thingy which was a nice soothing torque filled end to the evening's racing.

spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 26, 2012, 12:21:35 PM +0000 »

Shame my Star maz ended at the top of eau rouge on the first lap having failed to negotiate the mahem in front while watching for idiots who kept there foot in while straightlining the top from behind!

There must be something wrong with me! I really enjoy the Jetta now. Quite a lazy drive to it, especially with the low torque and you can normally recover any slide using the torque to pull you out! Looking forward to the club england thang next week.

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Brendan

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 26, 2012, 06:31:53 PM +0000 »

Thanks Daz but you didn't miss much don't worry - think it must have been the lure of the footie or something, barely anyone there! I got punted early on, bending the wagon, then got a black flag for cutting the track and in the end I just quit in disgust LOL. Sorry Brendan, thought I had the pace to make it semi interesting for you but wasn't happening.

Joined Legz & Spanner in the Star Mazda @ Spa in the runoffs after though which was a bit of fun - surprisingly quite a physical race that for 40 mins! Then tried the Jetta around Suzuka in the Clubman thingy which was a nice soothing torque filled end to the evening's racing.

Shame that Oily, it seems you had a bit of a rocket start too  Shocked

Really poor turnout again in the MX-5.  It's sad that the season petered out as it did, considering the first few rounds were packed with folks and there was good racing to be had right through the field.

I might give the Skippy a go next season as there seems to have been decent grids all season there.
mr_oily
Former Moderators

www.steelsnaps.co.uk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: January 27, 2012, 09:45:26 AM +0000 »

Yes for once I got off the line nicely in the Mazda and then just took a breath and held my foot in as people were squabbling at the top of Eau Rouge, just hoping a gap would emerge and it did LOL. Shame about the punt from behind into Rivage as that set me right back but it was a genuine mistake and they did apologise for forgetting to brake! Smiley

The MX-5's been going strong for quite a few seasons now hasn't it - perhaps it just needs a season off. I got well and truly bored with it before the NTM but when that was introduced it made things interesting once again. Unfortunately I just struggle to do both Monday and Wednesday a lot of the time so as the Skippy never disappoints and is never easy to drive I make that the priority!

I suspect if they carried on with it, eventually it'd pick up in popularity again but as I said to Michael, I think we need something higher powered on at least one of the days - even if it's just for a season. And while we've got the reverse grid feature I think it's a no-brainer to run two short races....hopefully in the Street Stock or something a bit tail happy!

Anyway yep you'd be welcome over in SKippy town on a Monday most definitely! Sometimes we do get a decent gaggle (five or so) SROU bods there these days - @ Laguna of all places a couple of rounds ago there were over 30 cars.
Brendan

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 30, 2012, 06:32:46 PM +0000 »

I gave the Skippy a dust off over the weekend an - oh my - I've completely forgotten how to drive it!!  Shocked Huh

Admittedly, I only had a few laps at Oulton using the baseline setup but I was a good 3 seconds off the pace that you guys were running during the season.  I'm pretty set on the idea of joining in the Club England fun as I too find racing on more than one day difficult.

I suppose it's pointless asking for someone to point me in the direction of a decent setup until the new build has bedded in.
Brendan

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 06, 2012, 07:07:39 PM +0000 »

New Skippy season starts tonight at Okayama  Cool

Details here:  http://members.iracing.com/jforum/posts/list/1842785.page
lazlow

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 07, 2012, 11:13:18 AM +0000 »

Not the best start to the season for me...got pushed around out of corner while running 5th, and ended up finishing race in 19th Sad wasn't a happy bunny!!

mr_oily
Former Moderators

www.steelsnaps.co.uk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: February 07, 2012, 12:29:28 PM +0000 »

Really gutted to have been away for that one but good to see the decent turnout - the Skippy just seems to go from strength to strength doesn't it!

Good to see you back in it Brendan, unlucky Jimbo and nice one Ross for a strong finish! I love the overtaking potential around Mid-Ohio so looking forward to seeing plenty of SROU faces there next week.

Looks like there's nothing happening on Weds so my next fix will have to be Thursday in the Jettas I reckon.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 12:36:08 PM +0000 by mr_oily » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10
  Print  

Jump to: