The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
May 03, 2024, 05:31:42 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Group 5 Moby Dick @ Road America  (Read 1983 times)
Brocookie

View Profile
« on: January 14, 2017, 03:59:41 PM +0000 »

Who would be up for a nice Group 5 Race using the mighty Porsche Moby Dick and give it a shot around Road America?

I scheduled a race at Tuesday, 17th January at 19:30 GMT and thought, some of you might be interested in it as well? Smiley

nice little 10 minute qualifying and 50 minute race.. just bring a fun attitude and a huge pair of balls, you might need it Tongue

Denis Marquardt
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2017, 05:49:21 PM +0000 »

I'll try and attend this, nice combo but will depend on whether I get the spare time to practise for that weeks Porsche cup race first.

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2017, 04:59:28 PM +0000 »

got a link to the event/track download? I can never find anything over on acrl

Brocookie

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2017, 06:17:24 PM +0000 »

Info Thread:
https://www.reddit.com/r/acrl/comments/5nqhi5/acrl_vintage_vibes_group_5_road_america/

Track: http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/road-america.7095/

Suggested setup (base setup is shit): https://www.dropbox.com/s/vdspn7imkl7d77b/D1.ini?dl=0

Denis Marquardt
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2017, 09:23:11 PM +0000 »

Thanks for the links, the new version of Road America looks amazing, best I have seen of this track in sim racing  Smiley
Nice combo too with this car, the turbo lag takes a lap or two to get used too but great power when it kicks in. I took a click or two less rear brake bias and increased front springs one notch to stop it over steering down the downhill tight right hander  Cool

Brocookie

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2017, 09:30:42 PM +0000 »

Thanks for the links, the new version of Road America looks amazing, best I have seen of this track in sim racing  Smiley
Nice combo too with this car, the turbo lag takes a lap or two to get used too but great power when it kicks in. I took a click or two less rear brake bias and increased front springs one notch to stop it over steering down the downhill tight right hander  Cool

yeah my brake bias is really far back to get the car turned in..

i really like this car once you get the hang of it. you just have to stop asking yourself why it wont go through this corner and just accepting that it wont.

kinda like forcing a donkey to move.. if you accept that he wont move, he will Cheesy

Denis Marquardt
Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2017, 08:12:03 AM +0000 »

Sports evening for me so can't attend. Luvely combo though!

School is important, but race cars are importanter
Bob

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2017, 07:20:25 PM +0000 »

server password anyone?
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2017, 09:03:27 PM +0000 »

Great combo but ultimately frustrating for me with the braking. But my fault as I used someone else's setup and it just had too much rear bias for me causing too many incidents under hard braking  Roll Eyes
When I got good laps in it was a pleasure to blat this old beast around RA but then I'd spin from nothing after a few laps just because of the brakes and waste all my good work.
Surprised you didn't run two classes here for a fuller grid, we've found here with tough cars that turnouts are lower but you did well getting 13 935's on track  Smiley

Bob

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2017, 09:10:08 PM +0000 »

Found pword got on just in time. Made a mistake first lap was chasing my tail after that. Did a pb on lap 18. These cars are total concentration. Need more of this type of combo.
Brocookie

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2017, 09:22:27 PM +0000 »

glad to see a few of you joining Smiley

sorry i hadnt posted the password here.. totally forgot as its a nobrainer to all the people from ACRL.

my bad, you couldnt knew that Cheesy

For some reason my throttle decided to not work properly anymore and i also struggled with the car a lot. Even though i was super confident when i tested this combo, i just couldnt drive it today (partly because of pedals, but also to little practice).

Anyways, i will continue with these lovely old combos every now and then. I will keep you updated about every single one of them, so dont worry - you wont miss a thing Smiley

Denis Marquardt
Brocookie

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2017, 10:19:47 PM +0000 »

Surprised you didn't run two classes here for a fuller grid, we've found here with tough cars that turnouts are lower but you did well getting 13 935's on track  Smiley

Well in hindsight i have to admit, the 935 was too hard for most of the people and it wouldve been better to throw in the beloved RSR once again, as a more approachable class to those who struggle with the Moby.

i was really pleased with the 917k + RSR multiclass race last week at old Silverstone and will definitely bring these cars back soon.
but so many other lovely vintage race cars to use, too Smiley

Old DTM is on my shortlist for the upcoming events, maybe using the Merc or Alfa only, as the three cars are not balanced, so 1 make should be fun.

Denis Marquardt
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2017, 11:29:29 AM +0000 »

If you can get a healthy grid I think multi class works well in historic racing. The 917 and rsr combo worked nicely. Bodes well for some 'classic Le Mans' or 'Silverstone Classic' type events.

Road America is a good fast track for the more powerful cars. Bet the 917 can-Am cars would work here too

Brocookie

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2017, 06:10:57 PM +0000 »

If you can get a healthy grid I think multi class works well in historic racing. The 917 and rsr combo worked nicely. Bodes well for some 'classic Le Mans' or 'Silverstone Classic' type events.

Road America is a good fast track for the more powerful cars. Bet the 917 can-Am cars would work here too

you mean "ze TURBOPANZER"? Cheesy

i think that might be a bit over the top..

Denis Marquardt
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com