by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

May 02, 2024, 11:21:22 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: GTL driving feel  (Read 1366 times)
popabawa
Legendary Leader
Former Moderators

Less yapping and more lapping!

View Profile
« on: October 20, 2005, 10:51:21 AM +0100 »

I've spent about 3 hours with the game so far, solely with the Minis.

On the whole it's loads of fun, fun, fun, I'm loving it.

One surprise though, and maybe it's just the Minis, is how similar the driving feel is to GTR. Obviously the cars handle very differently but (and it's a bit difficult to explain) it really feels like a 'just altogether better' version of GTR. And I mean that in a really good way.

The only bad point so far is that I suck, probably because I'm trying to drive the Minis like they are GTR cars!

Pops.

Legends Racing simracing team
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2005, 01:50:25 PM +0100 »

Yes I totally agree with you, very familiar feel to it. Makes it dead easy to switch between the 2 games so wont screw up being able to drive GTR.

The mini is different to the other cars though with it's FWD, I think it's the only FWD in the game, but as you say it just feels like a better GTR, which is fabulous as that is GTR's strongest point.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
popabawa
Legendary Leader
Former Moderators

Less yapping and more lapping!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2005, 02:02:15 PM +0100 »

Makes it dead easy to switch between the 2 games so wont screw up being able to drive GTR.

Yup. I went from GTL to GTR last night without missing a beat  Cheesy

If I spend any time with any other sim, it completely screws up my GTR for 4-5 laps until I get used to it again Roll Eyes

I think it's got quite a bit to do with the force feedback effects, that familiarity is common between the two games and I'm guessing that you use it quite a bit subconsciously to make continuous minor adjustments and that's the bit that can feel so different thus making switching sims quite difficult (for me at least).

Pops.

Legends Racing simracing team
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com