by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

May 03, 2024, 02:58:33 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: O what fun we had  (Read 2385 times)
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« on: November 03, 2005, 10:36:31 PM +0000 »

Just done my first online races with GTL, thanks guys who turned up Smiley

Can't beat the AI but strike 3 for Team Shark as I fluked a win in all 3 races Smiley Before anyone else says it it was only cos Shark never showed Wink

The race we had with the minis was mental, lots of door rubbing without people falling off. The lead swapped places several times. Great fun. Roll on tomorrows races.

PaulW

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2005, 10:45:01 PM +0000 »

Superb stuff, loaded with atmosphere and with a handling modle that's forgiving but never feels easy. Really good fun sliding around on the limit and contact seems better handled than with GTR as Picnic says. I fluked a second  Grin

Give a man a fish- he'll eat for a day. But give him a fishing rod and... he'll break it up for firewood, or just possibly, swap it for a fish.
Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2005, 10:48:41 PM +0000 »

I'd like you guys to compare GT Legends with rFactor, fun races and all of multiplayer. How many people you expect to show up regularly? I'm still deciding...
Jamera

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2005, 10:56:25 PM +0000 »

I'd like you guys to compare GT Legends with rFactor, fun races and all of multiplayer. How many people you expect to show up regularly? I'm still deciding...

Well I'm quite happy to be shot down, but there is no contest, all the fun of rFactor online, just "more real"
PaulW

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2005, 11:00:43 PM +0000 »

Agreed. It's all of the lovely eye candy of rFactor but with the realism and atmosphere of GTR. rFactor will be great with a good mod but at the moment I don't enjoy either the made up cars or the driving model which just feels too easy.

Give a man a fish- he'll eat for a day. But give him a fishing rod and... he'll break it up for firewood, or just possibly, swap it for a fish.
ginsters sponsored
Grey Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2005, 11:03:00 PM +0000 »

Ditto for me, I can't stop playing it. It's a great mix of rfactor's fun and GTR's realism.

Thanks for tonight and see you all tomorrow Grin.

« Last Edit: November 03, 2005, 11:05:20 PM +0000 by ginsters sponsored » Logged

greg130
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2005, 12:12:26 AM +0000 »

Yep I have to agree, no contest really, GTR and GTL everytime.  I guess it all comes down to realistic cars, real tracks and value for money.

28CDM : http://www.28cd.co.uk

GtrRank name = Greg130

" border="0
" border="0
Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2005, 04:54:13 AM +0000 »

Thanks for replies. Still undecided - don't wanna have two GTRs. And its still about 30 pounds here...  Angry
Jamera

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2005, 06:05:40 AM +0000 »

Thanks for replies. Still undecided - don't wanna have two GTRs. And its still about 30 pounds here...  Angry

I don't think the demo comes anywhere close to doing the game justice. If they had also put the mini (  Grin  ) and a couple of others in the demo I think you would get a much better idea of the range of "driving feel" the game offers. I honesty believe that if you like the feel of GTR you will LOVE GTL, It's just a more fun experience all round.
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2005, 09:06:25 AM +0000 »

Well I'm going to stick up for rFactor. The fun races we've had there with the tin tops have been super enjoyable too. Again contact was more forgiving, especially in the lower classes. I think rFactor will lose out in the short term, having real cars does give GTL the edge, more so if that's where the racing numbers are at. The right mod for rFactor and things could change. I reckon we will still be playing rFactor after GTR and GTL, some might be playing GTR2 and GTL2 Wink

Don
Blue and Orange Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2005, 09:37:25 AM +0000 »

Oh Man, the problem is that we are spoiled for racing-sims atm. This time last year we had the oldies like(GTR was just released if I remember right) GPL and Nascar to mention but a few and would of killed for a full version of something like rFactor or GTL. Maybe we shouldn't try to compare them to each other too much and just enjoy this great time for sim-racers.
Don.
Aagramn
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2005, 10:04:59 AM +0000 »

Got the game yesterday, very impressed, lots of fun blatting around in the Mini & Lotus Cortina in the short tracks. Managed to win a couple challenges in semi-pro (with driving aids turned off of course) and have bought myself a nice Austin Healy 3000.  Smiley Am enjoying it a lot more than the demo. The starting cars are ideal to get to grips with the game.

Hopefully there will be a few of us online tonight.  Cool

Team Shark

GT Rank Name: Michael Bennett

The correct procedure is brake-swear, not swear-brake.
Madd-RIP

Power and Glory slave

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2005, 05:25:39 PM +0000 »

Smiley Maybe see you tonight on server, be gentle!  Shocked

petestenning

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2005, 01:29:50 PM +0000 »

I now have GTL and as soon as i upgrade my PC i would like to join in Smiley

Pete
Pages: [1]
  Print