by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

May 02, 2024, 05:03:16 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Neat  (Read 4910 times)
Jamera

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2005, 07:34:18 PM +0000 »

To be honest GTL has really impressed me, far more than I expected it to!

Me too - I'll try and be around Friday night as well.

I don't know if it's the cars themselves or some tweak to the physics or the force feedback but they're just alive in a way that GTR cars aren't.

I've found it's even better with the damper setting in control panel turned down to 0%, the wheel just spins in your hand as if you're on ice when you lose front tyre grip
PaulW

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2005, 07:56:45 PM +0000 »

Completely hooked over here too. I feel like I could drive the lowly Cortina forever with it's great down shift sounds, perfect slidey manners and cute looks. Right on the edge of control is where the game comes alive and, though it's not easy, it manages to be forgiving of mistakes and makes you attempt a likely save rather than spinning out and loosing 10 places as with GTR. I like the fact that the set-ups are relatively simple too- shifting the emphasis onto more track time and pure driver skill to get the results. Can't wait to start proper league races.

Give a man a fish- he'll eat for a day. But give him a fishing rod and... he'll break it up for firewood, or just possibly, swap it for a fish.
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2005, 08:09:37 PM +0000 »

Can't wait to start proper league races.

Hopefully we'll get a series up and running early in 2006, assuming that they get the patch out soonly.

To finish first, first you must have fins.
ginsters sponsored
Grey Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2005, 09:02:31 PM +0000 »

Zacari and Jam (hopefully in the pantera Grin), as I can't make Friday hope to see you around tomorrow or Thursday. I've been trying to practice for Sunday but GTR feels dry in comparison and can't resist GTL for long. If you think the Cortina is good just wait to you've tried the Cobra.

This is going to get boring, but I can't wait for official racing to begin either. Just dreading the penalties as I get completely carried away.

« Last Edit: November 08, 2005, 09:20:53 PM +0000 by ginsters sponsored » Logged

Jamera

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2005, 10:49:10 PM +0000 »

Any chance then of having the server up til Friday, just to keep SBG happy I'll take the Pantera out for a spin (poor choice of words there Grin) lol
  BTW I am right in saying that my ickle wickle wellow lotus elan is a 65 aren't I?
Aagramn
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2005, 05:55:37 PM +0000 »

I don't know if it's the cars themselves or some tweak to the physics or the force feedback but they're just alive in a way that GTR cars aren't.

Think it's the cars more than anything. Going back to GTR after playing GTL made me realise just how fast those 600BHP beasts are. Just have so little margin for error with braking points and lines compared to the GTL cars. GTL is going to be great for close racing.

I'm enjoying working my way through the cups as it's a really good way to learn various cars and circuits.  Smiley

Team Shark

GT Rank Name: Michael Bennett

The correct procedure is brake-swear, not swear-brake.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com