Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
May 02, 2024, 10:04:50 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 34
  Print  
Author Topic: [GTR2] 24H GTWeb Spring 2011  (Read 39918 times)
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #450 on: March 20, 2011, 11:27:49 AM +0000 »

well done TT  Smiley, we are currently sitting 2nd in GT1 which is amazing after 9hours or so  Cool
Jim did fantastically well in his 2nd stint.

LMP are having some issues and have got some ground to make up, but a few of the cars ahead are LMP2 so always a chance of moving up the grid.  Smiley

JonM_uk

View Profile
« Reply #451 on: March 20, 2011, 12:31:30 PM +0000 »

Just got back from shopping and about to head to pick our eldest up and have some food at Grandma's.
From the look of it Shocked Wow amazing going chaps. Great driving from all drivers in both classes but a special mention to Lazlow for keeping his concentration and his wife's contractions going Shocked All the best with the birth mate. I hope you, your wife and the baby are doing well. Can't wait for the result! Cool
Looks like most other teams have failed to finish their stints in GT1 Grin

Busi

View Profile
« Reply #452 on: March 20, 2011, 12:55:06 PM +0000 »

Looks like Spanner will have quite a bit of pressure for the last hour, with 1st GT1 away but 3rd to 6th right there behind so no mistakes to be done Shocked good going GT1 chaps hope you will get that well deserved 2nd place! Tough luck for us, but the competition in LMP1 was amazing. The guy I was dicing with yesterday (Angelo Pedro) has done 3 stints in the current LMP1 leading team Shocked Shocked Shocked glad to have been at his pace then.

"To finish first, first you have to finish"

http://gtr2.gplrank.info/viewLaptimesbyUserId?user_id=29287
Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #453 on: March 20, 2011, 02:11:01 PM +0000 »

Seems like we're 2nd in GT1 !!! 
Busi

View Profile
« Reply #454 on: March 20, 2011, 03:06:29 PM +0000 »

Grats guys, 2nd place with 2 cars just behind and a couple more in the same lap as well, so well kept Spanner Cool

Well done Paul on finally taking what's 9th place for us. Good experience with this enduro Smiley

Mike Miller

View Profile
« Reply #455 on: March 20, 2011, 03:12:15 PM +0000 »

Congratulations on a fantastic result in GT1 guys!
Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #456 on: March 20, 2011, 04:22:11 PM +0000 »

You had some bad luck in LMP1s but a good show anyways. Congrats. Cool
Gazza49er

View Profile
« Reply #457 on: March 20, 2011, 05:05:00 PM +0000 »

Wow what a fantastic result  Shocked Shocked

All the GT1 chaps did amazing!!! I guess finishing every session with no incidents really paid off. Hats off to Lazlow for the 2 stints and Spanner for what looked like a tense last session. Thanks to Ade for sticking around with me for my session, really helped having someone there.

Was hoping to see the finish but got called away with some bad news ( my mothers dog had to be put down  :'( ) but seeing this result has made up for it a bit.

Bad luck for the LMP1 guys but some great driving by all aswell.

Hope everything goes smoothly Legsy.

UKGTR - SEASON 9 - GTC Champion
UKGTR - SEASON 10 - GT2 Champion
UKGTR - SEASON 11 - GT1 Champion
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #458 on: March 20, 2011, 07:25:36 PM +0000 »

wow, did we really clinch 2nd place in GT1?!  Fantastic result  thumbup1 Thats amazing after only our second attempt at a 24hr race  I Am Not Worthy

I had to go out with only 15mins remaining to attend a family birthday meal out so guttingly had to leave when it was finitely poised with pressure mounting on Spanner. Seems like you brushed it off and mastered the weather change, well done mate, great driving.  clap
It was great being able to monitor and follow most of the race via the live feed and video, i think i enjoyed that far more than my driving spell, and it was a pleasure to sit in and keep some drivers company and report positions and targets for them.

Unlucky to the LMP boys, they were always on the back foot when two sessions were missed but a valiant first attempt and there are some seriously fast guys in that group. Cool

Great great stuff, love these huge endurance events and hats off to GTW once again for organising and running such a fantastic event.  thumbup1 When are we going to do Le Mans?  Wink
Brilliant  Smiley

Paul968
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #459 on: March 20, 2011, 09:46:11 PM +0000 »

Well that was pretty hard work, but very satisfying to get to the end too  sweatdrop My session was fairly easy to be honest, with much of it lapping on my own. Most of the LMP2s were well behaved, partly because they were a lap down by the time I caught them, although one or 2 made it tricky. I had a half spin and stall trying to pass one while fending off a lapper (I wanted to let him past but not to comproise me too badly), but other than that things were fine. I had a bit of contact with Sidonio Moreira in an audi, but that was no surprise - he was a rolling roadblock on the practice servers and hit me several times. I was hoping near the end for the rain to come and give me a chance to catch the next LMP1, whic was only 40 secs up the road and might have needed another pitstop, but it was never enough - beacuse of the heat the track stayed dry despite the rain  Roll Eyes I had a nightmare with the pitstops. The car would not restart without using the ignition, even though in practice it didn't need it. I also had a major problem pulling away as Busi's gearing was so high in 1st that with the limiter on you couldn't get enough revs on to slip the clutch easily. I probably lost at least as much in the pits as I did from driving mistakes, which is annoying.

We were always up against it after the 2 dropped sessions, but I think we can be proud that the only problems we had were not driving ones. I feel for both Mike and Oily, Don't beat yourseflf up over it Mike - I can see mysefl doing the same thing! And you must be so frustrated James to put in all the effort only to miss the boat  Sad I do feel that we could learn a lesson or 2 from this though - something like having a 30 minute check-in, where if a driver is not on the server then a reserve gets ready to step in if necessary.

Hats off to the GT1 boys - fantastic job  clap Just goes to show that keeping it on the track and completing all the sessions goes a long way to a good result, although there were also some great drives in there, especially Jon's - 'man of the match' for me  thumbup1 Well done also to Legzy, who managed to race to the end while his wife was reporting the rate at which her contractions were arriving! - I don't think I could have got away with that, so well done m8 (or rather, well done missus Legzy!). Hope it all went well today  Smiley

Looking forward to the next one now. LMP2 perhaps?
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 10:22:16 PM +0000 by Paul968 » Logged
H@L9000
Director, UKGTR
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #460 on: March 21, 2011, 01:34:32 AM +0000 »

Great work everyone. Cool

Incredible job GT1 drivers. punk

I had quite a time trying to unlap myself from LMP2s but, it was great fun and I loved the car. I am sure that I was witnessing brake life levels on XD but, I am pretty sure that GTR2 does not have that. I had a moment early in my session but, I chilled out a lot after that and only really pushed for positions when I felt it was really necessary. I am looking forward to the next one. Lets claim a LMP2 early in registration this time. Grin

And yes Paul, that is what I was thinking. With 8 drivers we could have easily arranged a backup driver for each session. I only just missed out on taking Oilys session. If I was a bit more prepared to get straight on the server I may have done it in time.

Well done all and a very big thank you to GTWeb staff. A truly epic event it was thumbup1

Open the Pod Bay door please H@L...
Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #461 on: March 21, 2011, 07:10:27 AM +0000 »

Was also thinking in the way of a backup driver. Sorry to make you worried, Ade. I was joining on my own pre-planned schedule. If I was gonna sit for 3 hours on that chair I didn't want to be there another hour too soon. Even so, a backup driver would a be useful contribution to the solidity of a team. Smiley
Manteos

P&G Lover

View Profile WWW
« Reply #462 on: March 21, 2011, 02:15:20 PM +0000 »

It's been a long time I don't write anything in this forum, but having followed a big part of this 24h, I have to Congrats with you for your extraordinary team result!
I know your strenght talking about GTR2, and I'm really not surprised about this result!

I hope to see you soon for other races, but at the moment I'm busy in other things Smiley

I say hello to everybody and Grats again!

"The second principle: Take every gain without showing remorse about missed profits, because an eel may escape sooner than you think."
Joseph Penso De La Vega. Confusio de Confusiones (1688)
Busi

View Profile
« Reply #463 on: March 21, 2011, 02:31:04 PM +0000 »

I am sure that I was witnessing brake life levels on XD but, I am pretty sure that GTR2 does not have that.

At the end of my 3hour stint my front brake life was at its half. I had never noticed that either, but apparently brakes wear out in GTR2? Gotta treat them really badly to damage them though, if 3 hours in a LMP1 car is not enough Tongue

H@L9000
Director, UKGTR
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #464 on: March 21, 2011, 05:54:39 PM +0000 »

LOL. Yep, I have never noticed it before and I was on about half way as well by the end. I would have needed a 6 hour stint before it came into play. Grin

Open the Pod Bay door please H@L...
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 34
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com