Read this first!    

May 02, 2024, 05:07:10 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34
  Print  
Author Topic: [GTR2] 24H GTWeb Spring 2011  (Read 39907 times)
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #465 on: March 21, 2011, 08:37:33 PM +0000 »

Thanks Manteos, how well did your boys do? When i saw the names on the GT1 class i expected them to be a bit further up.

I guess we've never seen brake life before in the slow GT's but the LMP do push the envelope a bit more!

I do enjoy these races, i prefer the longer races where i can relax and just concentrate on the driving and watch the sector times. However i was clearly one of the slow guys out in my stint at times. I ended up leaving quite early on at the start so had a few guys come past including our foes behind us in the standings. I was running more wing clearly than them as they would gain down the straights but i was expecting the conditions to get progresssivly worse and probably the last 30 mins to be pretty wet.

Thanks to the guys on TS they were telling who i needed to look out for though i knew their pace meant they were going to lap me towards the end so there wasnt much i could do. After my last stop i tried to keep my head down and concentrate and luckily they tripped up backmarkers a few seconds behind with about 10 mins to go and never quite managed to gain on me after that. I do wonder if they realised just how close it was!

Its a shame about hte issues we had with the LMP, looking at the typical laps people were doing in their stints we might have been right up there. Lol, LMP2 then next time!

Thanks to everyone who took part and those who tried! I hope you all enjoyed it as much as me, even if it drained me! Thanks to the GT-Web guys for organising this, which must be a huge task. I shall be using their donation buttons on there site for sure.

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Paul968
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #466 on: March 21, 2011, 10:02:25 PM +0000 »

Any news from Legzy yet?
ginsters sponsored
Grey Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #467 on: March 21, 2011, 10:31:35 PM +0000 »

Congrats to GT1 gents  Smiley Shame our LMP challenge didn't go as well but thanks to Paul and Busi especially for helping us less gifted along. Ta to Mike again for stepping in for me as I still feel like cwap today but would feel a whole lot worse if I raced 3hrs till the early hours on Saturday.

The whole 24 team effort really makes these events stand out and I look forward to the next. If you and GTWeb will have me.

« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 10:43:48 PM +0000 by ginsters sponsored » Logged

Busi

View Profile
« Reply #468 on: March 21, 2011, 11:55:46 PM +0000 »

LMP2's in Le Mans would sound pretty cool Grin hope all has gone well Legzy!

Yeah thanks all for taking part and especially GTWeb, can't believe a 24h race format can be so well organized Cool

"To finish first, first you have to finish"

http://gtr2.gplrank.info/viewLaptimesbyUserId?user_id=29287
Paul968
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #469 on: March 22, 2011, 12:06:25 AM +0000 »

I also should add my thanks to the GTWeb chaps - hugely impressive  thumbup1
JonM_uk

View Profile
« Reply #470 on: March 22, 2011, 09:34:18 AM +0000 »

I'll also add my thanks to GTWeb Cool It was a great event and I loved every second of it from starting my practice laps until the end of the race. Very nice Cool

If there's another stick my name down Smiley

Thanks also to the guys on TS and all the effort you put in to the race Cool

purdie
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #471 on: March 22, 2011, 09:56:05 AM +0000 »

Cool Cool That was amazing  Cool Cool

I never got to grips with this car and my slow stint reflected that  Undecided but at least it was consistent and I generally kept out of trouble.... got rear-ended by LMP2's twice under-braking and that was it (no damage)  Smiley

Great speaking to everyone on TS and I tried returning the favour of spotting when Paul was driving the last stint but not sure if I was any help! Good atmosphere and sense of comaraderie all the way through. A few lessons to learn for next time, I will definitely be there!! Want to do Le Mans!!  Grin

Hope all went well Legzy !!! Now if I can just find the race that got you excited 9 months ago  Roll Eyes.... appears to be Le Mans... not a great name for a kid  Tongue  Wink

Grats to GT1 guys, impressive result! Grin

The GT Website was fantastic with the Live Timing and Video...  Tongue Really impressed with the whole setup and a massive thank you to GT Web.....  thumbup2
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 09:58:32 AM +0000 by purdie » Logged

Paul968
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #472 on: March 22, 2011, 10:03:18 AM +0000 »

Great speaking to everyone on TS and I tried returning the favour of spotting when Paul was driving the last stint but not sure if I was any help! Good atmosphere and sense of comaraderie!

Thanks for doing that Andy  Smiley To be honest, I had major difficulty hearing what was being said while I was driving as the engine noise was too much. I could hear people talking and I caught odd bits and pieces, but it was hard to hear a full sentence. Before the race I was toying with running TS on my other PC so that I could take a headphone off to hear the chat when needed, but in the end I didn't - next time perhaps. I suppose I didn't want to complicate things and make a disco more likely. I'm just really pleased my connection stayed up for the full session  Smiley
Gazza49er

View Profile
« Reply #473 on: March 22, 2011, 10:14:30 AM +0000 »

Yes massive thanks to GTWEB for an amazing event.

If anyones interested heres a link for stats on every session and replays for all sessions to download from their forum:

http://www.gtweb-live.com/site/index.php?file=GTWeb_Resultats&page=ListeResultats&idChamp=53
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 10:16:54 AM +0000 by Gazza49er » Logged

UKGTR - SEASON 9 - GTC Champion
UKGTR - SEASON 10 - GT2 Champion
UKGTR - SEASON 11 - GT1 Champion
Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #474 on: March 22, 2011, 10:55:17 AM +0000 »

Would be nice if they did an .avi or some such file of the exciting moments of the race. Smiley
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #475 on: March 22, 2011, 01:07:40 PM +0000 »

I think some of you guys need to invest in some headsets!

Live timing, standings, live feeds, what an undertaking.

They have done sepang, road america and now Bahrain, was wondering why they never have done Lemans especially as they are mainly french!

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Paul968
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #476 on: March 22, 2011, 01:12:49 PM +0000 »

I have a headset, but the engine noise drowns out the chat.
Busi

View Profile
« Reply #477 on: March 22, 2011, 02:10:51 PM +0000 »

Same happened to me Paul (especially with you as you seem to have the mic volume very low) and I just lowered the ingame sounds as much as I increased the overal windows volume, so engine volume stays and TS volume increases Wink

This is cause I didn't find any way to just up the output volume on TS? There is no way of controlling that I think?

"To finish first, first you have to finish"

http://gtr2.gplrank.info/viewLaptimesbyUserId?user_id=29287
Paul968
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #478 on: March 22, 2011, 03:03:40 PM +0000 »

I've had a fiddle with the TS settings and I think I've improved it a fair bit changing the capture mode to direct sound. Stable doors and bolting horses spring to mind  Roll Eyes
GTWeb24H

View Profile
« Reply #479 on: March 22, 2011, 08:25:55 PM +0000 »

It seems that you enjoy your week-end  Smiley

I'm really happy that your GT1 team got a nice result, just behind us  Tongue (i'm Arnaud Dumas - archeo, from BBR Blue team).

For next event, don't expect Le Mans  Sad  Before Sakhir, we talk with the ACO, which rules the 24H of Le Mans, but they didn't allow us to organize such virtual event. That's why we used Sakhir and that's also why we'll try to find another interesting track for next race.

Btw, to keep contact until next event, should it be possible that one of you, an admin or a team captain, add me to his MSN contacts ? My MSN is adumas78 AT hotmail.com
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com