Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
May 02, 2024, 11:50:03 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Poll
Question: Which car will you take?
Gallardo - 3 (15.8%)
Panoz - 3 (15.8%)
F430 - 3 (15.8%)
997 RSR - 6 (31.6%)
996 RSR - 2 (10.5%)
M3 GTR - 1 (5.3%)
Seat Toledo - 1 (5.3%)
996 Bi-turbo - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 18

Linked Events
  • UKGTR Sprint Test, Imola: November 25, 2008
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
  Print  
Author Topic: 25 November - UKGTR Sprint test - Imola  (Read 9166 times)
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2008, 05:19:28 PM +0000 »

That's me at work that is! Cheesy

Details now published and car pack now available.

Please vote in the poll to indicate which cars you plan to take - I would be very grateful if the M3, Seat and 996 GT2 BiTurbo were represented as well as the new cars.

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2008, 07:00:52 PM +0000 »

And the winner server is ...  Roll Eyes
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2008, 08:03:39 PM +0000 »

Egads, what did you're last slave die of?! Roll Eyes Tongue

Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2008, 08:33:48 PM +0000 »

winkiss
Joss

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2008, 07:07:38 PM +0000 »

I tested the GT2's around Silverstone earlier to try to get a feel for them round a fast, flowing track:

997 - 1:47.8
Gallardo 1:48.7
F430 1:48.7
Panoz 1:48.8

Closely matched really. The Gallardo felt like it could go faster, but was difficult to be consistent with. The 997 was just plain faster, the F430 had dreadful understeer yet was still not too bad.

The Panoz is still the most fun to drive, but it lacks grip. Sliding out of slow corners at hockenheim was great fun, but sliding out of 4th gear corners at Silverstone was a handful.

Don't really know why I'm testing the GT2s, as I'm unlikely to compete in a championship with them!
Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2008, 07:57:33 AM +0000 »

I get into 48s with the new cars, M3 is there-there, 996 in 49s and I have to be lucky to get there with 360GTC. The new cars are fairly equal for me (well done DG, Psuedo), so I decided to go with F430. I saw at least one driver do 1:47 and I guess that's where the aliens will be with the new cars.  Smiley

I also think we'll get the "new cars" championship - except if we go with the new rule: podium must take "old" cars on their next race. Smiley  This way we could get a better variety of the field and the aliens get a car which acts normaly, unlike the previous tries of slowing them down with the additional weight (unresponsive and a generally no-fun car, was it?).  Smiley 

MJ, start your 997!  Cool

TT
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2008, 08:40:00 AM +0000 »

Freq are you actually going to test the cars on this track, or just every other one Wink

So the cars arn't too far apart then TT but the newer ones are slightly faster?

Its not a good track for me, it just taunts me into going too agressively but seem to loose all time in the middle sector, too much slow stuff. Always seem to approach that fast chicane on the back straight just a bit too cautiously.

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2008, 09:05:48 AM +0000 »

So the cars arn't too far apart then TT but the newer ones are slightly faster?

Yes, that's how I get results.  Smiley

Its not a good track for me, it just taunts me into going too agressively but seem to loose all time in the middle sector, too much slow stuff. Always seem to approach that fast chicane on the back straight just a bit too cautiously.

If I remember correctly, you have to set stiff bump dampers on front wheels. Oh, and not hit the steepest side of the kerb.  Grin  I feel I can take this chicane a lot more safely with the new cars. Is this possible? Or just my subjective impression?

TT
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2008, 09:19:20 AM +0000 »

only 5 minutes qually? Shocked Huh ...at Imola ? And yet 10mins praccy Huh

Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2008, 10:51:45 AM +0000 »

only 5 minutes qually? Shocked Huh ...at Imola ? And yet 10mins praccy Huh

10 minutes to join, 5 minutes to mix the grid up without too many invisible cars. What's the point in it being any longer for a test race?

Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2008, 10:54:39 AM +0000 »

You can join the server sooner, MJ.  Wink

TT
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2008, 02:06:23 PM +0000 »

Umm. Dont suppose some kind sole would be willing to send me a timetrial file around here? I never seemed to be able to access the website and now its down completely. Oh, is it still available through the game?

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Steve Holmes
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2008, 02:32:01 PM +0000 »

I also think we'll get the "new cars" championship - except if we go with the new rule: podium must take "old" cars on their next race. Smiley  This way we could get a better variety of the field and the aliens get a car which acts normaly, unlike the previous tries of slowing them down with the additional weight (unresponsive and a generally no-fun car, was it?).  Smiley 

Interesting idea, wonder what the aliens will think, won't affect me, I'll never be on the podium, so extremely easy for me so throw my wholehearted support behind it.  TT for president Cheesy

Certainly sounds like without ballasting them painfully, the newer cars will totally blitz the existing GT2 cars.  Except if I drive them, can only do high 50s in the F430 in race trim.  Sad

Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2008, 08:33:16 PM +0000 »

whats been done to the 997 in this latest fix?  I can only get around Imola a couple of tenths faster than my 996 times and when i tried a timetrial against a F360GTC it outpaced me on every fast section of the track, even when i was in front of it, it overtook me Huh..how can that be possible?  censored

Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2008, 08:36:18 PM +0000 »

whats been done to the 997 in this latest fix?  I can only get around Imola a couple of tenths faster than my 996 times and when i tried a timetrial against a F360GTC it outpaced me on every fast section of the track, even when i was in front of it, it overtook me Huh..how can that be possible?  censored

Are you pressing the throttle down all the way?! Roll Eyes It's had a little bit of power taken away and a little ballast added but it's still on GT1 tyres - you do need to drive it and the F430 hard to exploit those tyres, otherwise they end up cold.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com