Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
May 03, 2024, 03:41:00 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Poll
Question: Which car will you take?
Gallardo - 3 (15.8%)
Panoz - 3 (15.8%)
F430 - 3 (15.8%)
997 RSR - 6 (31.6%)
996 RSR - 2 (10.5%)
M3 GTR - 1 (5.3%)
Seat Toledo - 1 (5.3%)
996 Bi-turbo - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 18

Linked Events
  • UKGTR Sprint Test, Imola: November 25, 2008
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
  Print  
Author Topic: 25 November - UKGTR Sprint test - Imola  (Read 9167 times)
ginsters sponsored
Grey Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: November 26, 2008, 05:19:25 PM +0000 »

Well put Pseudo. Different handling cars around the same pace sounds great Smiley

Is that Imelda May SBG. Thought it was a while ago but that 'boom boom' below the pic has made me pose the question Grin

Tis. She's great Smiley

Ken Murray

Ducati 996 @ Cadwell Mountain

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 26, 2008, 10:54:43 PM +0000 »

Well put Pseudo. Different handling cars around the same pace sounds great Smiley

Is that Imelda May SBG. Thought it was a while ago but that 'boom boom' below the pic has made me pose the question Grin

Tis. She's great Smiley

Yes, saw her for the first time on JH a few weeks ago. Very refreshing contemporary take on the rockabilly sound. She's playing a local music venue in town on Saturday night so might try to get down there.
Joss

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 28, 2008, 12:10:57 AM +0000 »

Bit of a late one on this  Embarrassed

I tried the Panoz and the Lambo before the event, sort of wanting to use both. The Panoz was more fun to drive but the Lambo just looked and sounded cooler  Cool  In the end, I liked the sliding of the Panoz and went with that when the server opened.

Qualy was super short, and I didn't have a set up ready, so only just got my lap in. Luckily it was pole, just ahead of Busi. The race went really smoothly, but I'm not surprised to see the Seat struggle, as it's understeer city. It'd do OK round Zhuhai or Monza, but Imola would be one of it's worst tracks. Only Jeff can muscle it round faster than anyone else, much to my annoyance  Roll Eyes

Fairly lonely then (Gazza locking out 2nd for a 1-2 for the Panoz Cool), but the Panoz is great to drive. It lacks grip, but the sliding rocks! The F430 is grippy but extremely boring, I couldn't contemplate racing that for more than a few minutes  Undecided The 997 I think is the fastest package, but is a little difficult on the limit and the Gallardo is OK on pace but tough to be consistent in. Really lairy braking.

N1 to the guys responsible for evening the cars out though, I think they are pretty even first time out!
« Last Edit: November 28, 2008, 10:46:25 AM +0000 by FreQ » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com