Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
May 02, 2024, 10:06:18 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • GTR2 Fun Race at Anderstorp: September 27, 2006
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: GTR2 Fun Race at Anderstorp  (Read 7717 times)
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2006, 10:16:43 AM +0100 »

Athlon 64 4000+
2GB of mammories
Radeon X1900 on PCI-X
SoundBlaster Xi-Fi SomeBigNumber

I was running it on slightly more aggressive in-game settings than GTL on the basis that most people seem to think it's slightly faster but mine seems to disagree. Undecided

Are you logging race acquisitioon data (the MOTEC thing), that is a big hit on FPS?

Headlights and Shadows are the only thing that make any difference on high end machines. Headlights on minimum basically plot them on the ground and not on other cars, that is a big framerate booster. Shadows down to minimum will only show shadows from cars, not from any track objects. I have shadows on High to get trackside objects and that's ok. Your machine is faster than mine (better graphics card) so you should not have a problem.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2006, 10:18:56 AM +0100 »

Are you logging race acquisitioon data (the MOTEC thing), that is a big hit on FPS?

Yes, and no. GTR/GTR2 don't have an "on/off" switch for logging so it's hard to tell but rFactor does and it's writing more data and I can't see a measurable slowdown there. It also writes it to a drive on my server so it doesn't cause a disk hit on the gaming box.

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Aagramn
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2006, 10:35:21 AM +0100 »

Will be interesting to see what frame rates people get. I was thinking of upgrading my graphics card, but looking at Dave's posts there may not be much point unless I also upgrade the CPU.  Huh

Managed a 1:40.9 in the TVR which I've uploaded, but it was a bit of a lairy lap, not sure I could repeat it.

Team Shark

GT Rank Name: Michael Bennett

The correct procedure is brake-swear, not swear-brake.
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2006, 10:56:29 AM +0100 »

Yes, and no. GTR/GTR2 don't have an "on/off" switch for logging so it's hard to tell but rFactor does and it's writing more data and I can't see a measurable slowdown there. It also writes it to a drive on my server so it doesn't cause a disk hit on the gaming box.

Yes it does. If you go into your .plr file just make all the lines that say anything about MOTEC empty strings or zeros depending on the type. This prevents it logging anything to anywhere (as well as turn off data acquisition in game).

From all I've read you have to summise that Frame Rates on Nvidia cards are much higher than ATI cards for GTL and GTR 2. I've really liked my ATI cards after having many issues with Nvidia cards, but next time I upgrade I'm afraid I will be going green again.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2006, 02:22:31 PM +0100 »

Yes it does. If you go into your .plr file just make all the lines that say anything about MOTEC empty strings or zeros depending on the type.

No it doesn't. I can't turn that on and off in-game, which is what I can do in rFactor with the plugin. I actually want to log, although it's missing some really important stuff like brake temps.

Don
Blue and Orange Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2006, 02:34:26 PM +0100 »

Yes it does. If you go into your .plr file just make all the lines that say anything about MOTEC empty strings or zeros depending on the type.

No it doesn't. I can't turn that on and off in-game, which is what I can do in rFactor with the plugin. I actually want to log, although it's missing some really important stuff like brake temps.

Erm, but saying that you may have to add that it's a lot more detailed than the old motec that was in GTR Shocked and lots more info to analyze, which gets my vote Smiley
popabawa
Legendary Leader
Former Moderators

Less yapping and more lapping!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2006, 03:57:12 PM +0100 »

Managed a 1:40.9 in the TVR which I've uploaded, but it was a bit of a lairy lap, not sure I could repeat it.

Whoah! Nice lap Aagramn. I've never been particularly good in the wet but I reckon that's a very decent time in the TVR.

I'm gonna check it out to see where I'm going wrong. Thanks for sharing  Grin

[EDIT] down to 1.41.8  Grin
« Last Edit: September 27, 2006, 04:37:18 PM +0100 by popabawa » Logged

Legends Racing simracing team
merlinthepike

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 27, 2006, 09:20:57 PM +0100 »

hit the wrong button on the keyboard and launched my web browser which gtr did'nt like and closed Embarrassedtryed re joinin but cant join warm up. Sad.i will get the hang of this..

merlinthepiker type r
Adam Parle
« Reply #38 on: September 27, 2006, 09:41:33 PM +0100 »

Well, that was my first taste of multiplayer in GTR2 and I really enjoyed it.  I should have gone quicker in qually, but I'd put manual clutch on by accident ... Grin

Started at the back of the grid and nearly beached the car on the pace lap when getting the back end out trying to warm the tyres.  Thankfully I made it back to the pack by the final corner, and from then on in there were zero mistakes (well, no spins and no leaving the circuit) through the race.

Ended up in 4th, thanks to the guys infront spinning - was there any overtaking at all other than through people spinning?

The TVR was heaps of fun to drive, even in the torrential rain we had.  Managed to be more consistent than I ever was in GTR1, still miles behind the leaders for pace (Madd - how the heck did you get a sub 1:40?Huh Shocked Huh Shocked).

Loving this sim, roll on the next race (that I can attend hopefully).
Aagramn
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2006, 09:51:09 PM +0100 »

That was a lot of fun, thanks everyone. Was pleased to get within half a second of my PB, but Madd blew me away with a sub-1:40 time. Had a bit of drama at the end of the pace lap. My PC locked up for a second or two, just as we were reaching the start-finish line. Couldn't have happened at a worse time, Mark did a good job not to run into the back of me. Gave Madd a 2 second lead, and I wasn't able to put him under any pressure. Had a quiet race as I pulled away from the rest of the pack and brought it home in 2nd. Great drive by Madd.

Team Shark

Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 27, 2006, 09:52:44 PM +0100 »

Great fun, you guys are going to love this sim. It looks totally stunning in the wet and other improvements like the spray plumes behind cars make wet racing a very realistic experience, with you moving off line just to see in front of you !

The reflections off the wet track surface looked very cool too, especially on the banked curves.  Cool

Finished 3rd which i was pleased with as never driven the Mosler before. Didnt like driving it at all in GTR, yet alone in the wet but its ace in this new game  Kiss

Amazing pace by Madd up front, closely followed by aagramn

Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: September 27, 2006, 09:53:48 PM +0100 »

Well that was good fun except for the stupid thing deciding to remove my brakes halfway into T2 late in the race. The replay shows the brake lights coming on and then going off again halfway through the braking zone so that does suggest a controller problem. Might have to replace the pot and use the GTL race tomorrow as a test. It did the same thing in the Comet race on Monday night, just once,  but the gravel in GTR2 takes an absolute age to paddle out of. Sad

Was absolutely amazed to see how late DMN could brake in the TVR in Gislaved - I was sure he was going to go straight on at the end of the first flying lap but he sailed through the turn and into 4th like it was a lazy Sunday drive!

MJ spun but I ran wide out of Opel and gave the place back, but later in the race I was able to pace him and DMN until my little brake problem.

Good fun except my for non working brake pedal. Undecided

D_Nichols

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 27, 2006, 09:57:11 PM +0100 »

Agreed, really a great race.

Loved the battles I had with David and then Mark. With Mark bnehind me I seemed to go faster and faster to try and keep him behind me. I was gutted I lost control and surendered the place so lightly. Then again after managing to keep in touch with him when someone came and tried to talk to me about the state of out toilet seat......  Roll Eyes

Can't wait till the season starts proper and we get some fuill girds  Cool

Madd-RIP

Power and Glory slave

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 27, 2006, 09:59:41 PM +0100 »

(Madd - how the heck did you get a sub 1:40?Huh Shocked Huh Shocked).

I shut my eyes  blink

This sim is just soooo good, the fact that the laptimes are pretty close with different cars is just what I love about it,there's such less disparity between models than GTL it'll make the eventual league awesome to be in, mind you rain murders my fps to about 45, but it is worth it to see the spray!

I thought it was abit strange that I had the jump on Aagram at the start, now I know why, bummer m8, we probably would have had a right old ding dong!  Grin

PS a replay would be much appreciated!  Cheesy
« Last Edit: September 27, 2006, 10:10:05 PM +0100 by Madd-RIP » Logged

Aagramn
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: September 27, 2006, 10:27:16 PM +0100 »

Replay and results available.

Doubt I'd have been in your mirrors for long Madd, especially with all the spray. Wink You had a good second a lap over me.

These cars are a lot of fun in the wet. The TVR felt very predictable. Had to treat the throttle pedal with a lot of respect, especially if I caught a kerb on the exit, but most mistakes were catchable. Didn't enjoy wet races much in GTR1 due to the time it took me to re-learn the track and the difficulty I had finding a decent setup. Much more enjoyable now, adds a lot to the game.

We'll have to try changeable weather soon and see what that's like.

Team Shark

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com