Read this first!    

May 02, 2024, 12:46:12 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • GTR2 Fun Race at Brno 2004: October 03, 2006
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: GTR2 Fun Race at Brno 2004  (Read 7744 times)
Madd-RIP

Power and Glory slave

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2006, 06:54:52 AM +0100 »

Just out of curiosity, did you get the weather to ghange during the session? Or does it only change between the sessions?

Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2006, 10:33:08 AM +0100 »

Yikes, i forgot about the weather, so do i need to find some practise in the wet for the Bi Turbo?...not even driven it in the dry yet  Roll Eyes

Adam Parle
« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2006, 10:37:21 AM +0100 »

Yep, I've not driven the M3 in the wet yet (or whatever changeable turns out to be) - still, it's a much more balanced car than the TVR, so hopefully it shouldn't cause any problems if it is "mildly moist" - better get a wet setup checked out just in case.
Iain

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2006, 10:42:31 AM +0100 »

if my local GAME has GTR2 in stock, i will race tonight.

i am not the biggest Brno fan, hopefully GTR2 and a new car will make it great Grin

GtrRank name = Iain
Aagramn
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2006, 12:52:06 PM +0100 »

Just out of curiosity, did you get the weather to ghange during the session? Or does it only change between the sessions?

I'm not sure. I haven't seen it change during a session yet, but I've only tried it a few times. I did get a damp track with no rain once, so the track was drying through the session.

I recommend having a wet setup ready in case you need it. If the air temp is very high you might need to open the radiator vent and reduce the rev limiter slightly.

Team Shark

GT Rank Name: Michael Bennett

The correct procedure is brake-swear, not swear-brake.
Zacari

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2006, 01:42:12 PM +0100 »

Might take the Bi-Turbo for a 'spin' tonight Cheesy I wonder what it's like in the wet Huh Shocked

On GTRank, GTR2Rank and GTLRank as 'Zacari'
D_Nichols

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2006, 07:37:35 PM +0100 »

Hard day at work = no race for me  Angry

Enjoy gents.

will16v

PSN: will_16v XBL: will16v

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2006, 07:46:40 PM +0100 »

Have a good one guys, my copy is is 'packing' at Play   Angry

Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2006, 09:34:06 PM +0100 »

D'oh....early bath for me  Sad 2nd night in a row i have ended up stranded in the kitty litter  :'(

I only lasted about 2-3 laps and then understeered off into the gravel trap at turn 1 with my brakes locked  Embarrassed

Thats the first and last time i ever intend to drive the Bi-turbo, didnt like it at all.  Sad

Looked like you guys in the beemers were having some fun racing each other though  Cool

Rob Clenshaw

One day I'll be a fast driver.

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2006, 09:37:24 PM +0100 »

Don't like Brno at all. Was trying to defend from a Seat on lap one, clipped the kerb and went into the wall. Did the same thing a bit later on. Maybe next time will be better.

Junior Shark
Now with added BSc (Hons)
Zacari

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 03, 2006, 10:00:17 PM +0100 »

Not a bad race in the Bi-T, I was amazed the M3's weren't miles ahead though after doing 58's in practice with it.  Quali'd 5th and managed to be in 2nd by the end of lap 1, then gradually lost about 3/10ths of a second to Rus every lap until braking my DFP again.  Good job Aag's still made it a Shark 1-2! Grin Lonely racing but still great fun Smiley

On GTRank, GTR2Rank and GTLRank as 'Zacari'
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 03, 2006, 10:00:30 PM +0100 »

My first GTR2 race online clap

I took the Bi-Turbo as it would get me at a subtop time-wise, so I was surprised to get pole position...oh sorry, no, Madd had pole Tongue.
As the race proceeded I had Spacefox behind me, but he was soon overtaken by Zacari. I could slowly pull away from him, but at 3/4 he made a mistake and I had a big lead. The race was very boring as I was all alone the whole time, and I was just hotlapping, which is awefull at Brno Grin.

Hope to see many more fun races with GTR2.
Adam Parle
« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2006, 10:00:42 PM +0100 »

Bad luck Mark....

I was well happy with my qualifying time in the damp, netting 4th (3rd after Madd couldn't stay) - my best qualifying performance to date.  Lost a number of places after a nervous start and waiting for some temperature to get into the tyres.

Was chasing my new teammate Don for a couple of laps, finally got past only to see Don lose the rear end coming out of the corner Sad.  After that I was slowly reeling in Edam, working really hard to get some consistent laps in.  It paid off, getting past him in the end.  After that it wasn't too far to the finish, and with Zacari blowing up, 4th place was mine.  Very happy with that.  Finished 4th at Andersporp in the wet, but with a bigger and better field this time - it's a highlight for me for sure.

Cheers all for a superb race.  Looking forward to the next.
merlinthepike

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 03, 2006, 10:01:07 PM +0100 »

started well first 2 corners about to brake for the third and norton popped up telling me to renue my account..screen went black and i heard the car hit the wall hard.drove the rest of the race with mega understeer..
next round  Cool

merlinthepiker type r
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: October 03, 2006, 10:33:27 PM +0100 »

Well, I spent about 90 minutes before the race trying to get the Seat set up properly and was growing to hate it. I was still setting it up in qualifying and it was just starting to feel more comfortable, but 14th and last on the grid wasn't really what I had envisaged! surrender

Never mind, a back row start is usually both safe and produces an interesting fight up through the less consistent cars, and a dry race was exactly what the doctor ordered.

Merlin was a tad tardy off the limiter and I was really very surprised to find myself dragging up alongside him into turn 1, but it was too early to be engaged in any outside line shenanigans so I backed off and let him go safely through, only to watch his car freeze on the way into turn 2 and then reappear in the kitty litter. Oh dear.
oops

A couple of offs left me 11th by turn 2 of lap 2, and Jan in the other Seat had a big slide on the way out, but I couldn't quite squeeze through into 3.

The car felt a lot better in race trim   and when Jan made a mistake coming out of turn 11 I was able to power past up the hill and into 10th.

The tyres were properly warmed by now and I got a great run out of turn 13 to pass Kit Kat into turn 1, and then Don who had gone off coming out of 3, giving me 8th.

I could see Adam and Edam ahead battling for 6th but couldn't make any impression on them, so I settled into a nice rhythm and held the gap over Don behind steady at around 5 seconds.

With just a few minutes on the clock I passed SpaceFox who had gone off into turn 1. I knew he would be faster but he was obviously not happy with his car, and his tyres were probably in worse shape too, so I thought that maybe, just maybe I could hold him off for an unexpectedly good 7th place, which then became 6th as someone (Zacari, I think) retired.

Up ahead we were catching Merlin to lap him, so it was headlights on and a couple of friendly flashes to say "I'm coming past, I'm in a hurry and I'm taking no prisoners!". tank
He did a really great job pulling over between turns 10 and 11 and letting us through thumbup1; I didn't do such a great job as I stupidly ran wide out of 11 and let SpaceFox past again. Hit with a wet fish

I followed him for the last couple of laps just about matching his pace and hoping for a mistake that never came. Nice job keeping a cool head there. Afro

I still don't like the Seat that much and I can well understand why Ruskus was dying of boredom on his own in the lead but when you have a good day at Brno it's a complete blast. punk

Oh, and I just couldn't make the Seat do doughnuts! It's an outrage! cursing clown

Plus GTR2 crashes every time I get to the end of my client replay. What's that all about then? no

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com