Read this first!    

May 02, 2024, 05:07:52 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • GTR2 Fun Race at Monza 2004: October 16, 2006
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: GTR2 Fun Race at Monza 2004 (wet) - Oct 16  (Read 6615 times)
Don
Blue and Orange Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2006, 05:46:24 PM +0100 »

Good point Don, I'd forgotten about that. We should be using our own versions of the GT & NGT classes which allow a few more cars like the Corvette and Morgan.

If it is going to be allowed? Could you do us a favor and allow it on the practice server. Thanks.
Aagramn
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2006, 05:58:26 PM +0100 »

Yes, it will be allowed.

Team Shark

GT Rank Name: Michael Bennett

The correct procedure is brake-swear, not swear-brake.
Madd-RIP

Power and Glory slave

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2006, 09:38:10 PM +0100 »

Angry Awful night, had a brill quali time, was catching prbeiro then BAM! he warps in front of me and I ram him, sending my car spinning down the Start/Finish straight, car is totally F****D limp back to pits, manage to go out, but on second lap out Engine lets go big time.

Gutted and Narked off. thumbdown

Rob Clenshaw

One day I'll be a fast driver.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2006, 10:02:07 PM +0100 »

I'm annoyed at myself for crashing with about 10 minutes left. Was having a good run up to that point. Then after pitting I overshot my braking mark again and got a stop-go penalty for cutting Angry

And to top it all off, the engine died on the last lap.

Junior Shark
Now with added BSc (Hons)
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2006, 10:09:06 PM +0100 »

Had a great race, really enjoyed that.

The wet races in GTR2 are just superb visually, and so much better to drive in than the first incarnation. Heading under that bridge into a wall of spray was mesmerising, as several of us found out in lap 2  Shocked  I saw the spinning cars ahead of me (3 of them) and just aimed for the gap !...got through un-scathed thankfully angel

Had a good battle with Rob Clenshaw for quite a while  Cool and one other (forgotten who Embarrassed). Car setup felt reasonably good and i was slowly closing on the front pack, but then with about 10 mins to, my tyres seemed to start losing traction and i was having to downshift an extra gear just to get around the corners. Sad Aagramn was able to just waltz passed me like i was parked when he finally closed up on me Sad  I thought the dreaded Saleen tyre eating monster was at its tricks again but then the tyres came back to life after 2 laps  Huh and i was able to push once again....odd one.
Unfortunately for Aagramn he went off at Parabolica when i closed up on him again, unlucky mate. I'm amazed you got it back out to carry on Undecided

Brought it home a cool 6th in the tricky conditions so very happy with my drive, especially as i had not even tried a wet race setup beforehand.  angel

congrats to the winner, top job. (didnt see who?  Embarrassed)

EdamSpeed
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2006, 10:11:16 PM +0100 »

Not a particularly nice race for me. Couldn't get a setup sorted, and I think the Maserati is fairly evil in the wet.

Then I got hit on the pace lap.

Then I missed the braking point for the first corner, bailed for the escape road, and got a stop / go.

Then I was getting into the race a bit more, but the car was wandering all over the place on the straights Sad Eventually it wandered off down the hill approaching the Variante Ascari, and hit the wall so hard that the engine died. Game over Sad

Had some good moments fighting with Don Smiley
Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2006, 10:13:17 PM +0100 »

Terrible race. It MUST be easier in RL, lol
Made a PB 1.53.9xx off-line. Couldnt get under 1.55 on-line, I think.
Then MJ scared me with the tyres questions  scared just before the race. Said, yea, he's right, Saleen eats tyres, so I put hard on rear. To compensate, I put full rear wing. Guess I botched it twice, lol  Roll Eyes , though seemed a good idea at the time. If I went soft / soft I guess I'd be just as bad as I was.  Grin  GT and rain: a fatal combination.  Cheesy  All the little quirks I got rid off in the prectice came back. The car acted like it was personaly insulted by my driving.  Grin

Have to apologize to Pablo. Hit him on formation lap while he was waiting sbd to recover from the spin. Sorry man, not intentional.  Sad
On the other hand, I think the rules state we're not supposed to wait on track and the spined car must rejoin at the end of grid. I'm sure if I stopped on time not to hit Pablo sbd would have rear ended me.  Undecided

Would be doing me a favour, as Pablo was much faster then me, prolly enjoyed wet torture better and would compete for the top. Sorry again.  Embarrassed
Well done, podiumers (is that a word?) and all finishers. Well done MJ for the best Legend.  thumbup2

TT
pribeiro

Animals and racing lover

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2006, 10:13:33 PM +0100 »

Nice race yes
Great pace from the podium guys thumbup2
I qualified in 3rd Huh nice initial laps, then the fall Undecided Embarrassed
i hit the right rail beetween the 2 Lesmos corners and after that i had
some dificulties when i steer to the left Grin (thank god the most of the track is to the right side whistling
good dice with Greg130 (nice consistent drive Greg yes) then 2 backmarkers spun in front of me,
i left tarmac(swimming pool) to avoid them, and i lost place for Greg, when i was trying to recover,  eek
stop & go, with only 3 laps to the end scared, falled to 8th just behind of Agraam, but couldnt catch him,
he were faster them me by then yes
Great race, now i want endurance with weather change :jumpjoy:please Wink

Cheers

Isn't my avatar amazingly sweet?
merlinthepike

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2006, 10:19:51 PM +0100 »

went ok in practice then could'nt get it together in qualifyin Undecided started race last but after the first lap was up to about 12  Grin then missed a braking point and went to build sand castle's Roll Eyes
re joined the track and got into some kind flow.2 laps latter just after the pit entrance span it hit the wall and blew a tyre,so i had a lap to do with 3 tyres.first time i did a pitstop and did a 42's pitstop(gotta press enter to get the mechanics going) its a learnibn curve ;Dthen got a pitlane speeding and that was that..
but i still finished  Grin
well done to the front guy's hats off to ya  Cool

merlinthepiker type r
Aagramn
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2006, 10:20:43 PM +0100 »

Congratulations to everyone who competed in the New-Orleans Grand-Prix.

Took the Viper on a whim, wasn't too bad. The biggest problem I had was spotting braking points, especially with all the spray coming off the other cars. Apologies to the car I hit on the first lap.

Team Shark

james

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2006, 10:27:02 PM +0100 »

Grate race

Love the rain it makes it more interesting

Was doing ok up until lap 15 then I started to get real bad understeer, forgot to change my setup for the race LOL and  Leh started  catching me at about 1.5 sec a lap, had some moments sweatdrop on the last couple of laps but just managed to hang on to 2nd  Grin

grats all       

Aagramn
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2006, 10:36:54 PM +0100 »

Results and Replay available.

Team Shark

Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2006, 10:47:21 PM +0100 »

I thought the dreaded Saleen tyre eating monster was at its tricks again but then the tyres came back to life after 2 laps  Huh and i was able to push once again....odd one.

Sounds like they were simply overheating (or too cold). Having the GTR2_PD thingy up helps me so much in understanding what's going on with the tyres (since I can't see the MoTeC display from the bonnetcam).

On the other hand, I think the rules state we're not supposed to wait on track and the spined car must rejoin at the end of grid.

Perhaps now is a good time for everyone concerned to go reread the rules. Tongue

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2006, 10:48:58 PM +0100 »

Pity I didn't make this one, looks like the field was smaller than most recent races. My Comet race turned out to be a big fat waste of time and I'm sure I'd have had more fun at Monza even with practice. Roll Eyes

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Radius

Meep! Meep!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2006, 10:59:06 PM +0100 »

wow, sounds like and looks like (from the replay) a great race. I had a few laps this afternoon and managed 1:50's with MC12 (yes u can call me Shumi lol) but i didnt have enuf money to pay g/f to go away so had a nice dinner with her instead Smiley

grats Mark for excellent win and James for representing  Grin

Arguing on the internet is like the Special Olympics...even if you win, you're still a retard Wink
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com