Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
May 02, 2024, 11:52:46 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • GTR2 Fun Race at Monza 2004: October 16, 2006
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: GTR2 Fun Race at Monza 2004 (wet) - Oct 16  (Read 6619 times)
Zacari

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2006, 11:08:07 PM +0100 »

Very hard race, GTR2 in the wet is certainly alot of fun!

no practice beforehand but quali I managed to hold together a lap about a second faster than I'd done all evening, stole pole by a couple of tenths.  The race started oddly, with someone not reading the starting procedure and bombing off into the distance.  I'm not sure how much more clearly it can be stated in the first post too read the rules, but there ya go Roll Eyes after the 'real' start I managed to take advantage of the clear track (and lack of fps hit Wink) to get a few seconds lead.  After that it was a case of taking care under braking and giving some time to the backmarkers who were super as usual Smiley got a little scary towards the end with wearing tyers and a couple of twitchy moments but came home safely for the win Grin

fps were ok but I couldn't seem to find a video setup that gave me a constant 60fps.  Still, the pings were all fine Wink looks like wet races in the future should be cool Cool

On GTRank, GTR2Rank and GTLRank as 'Zacari'
LeH

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2006, 12:11:23 AM +0100 »

Was my first GTR2 race, unfortunately I didn't have enough time yet for an earlier one and also not for the last UKGTL races. I hope I can make some more ... maybe with a bit less rain ... Grin

After setting rendering to DirectX8, the game ran smooth enough to race without stuttering finally. Was happy to quali as 2nd then.

I lost a 2-4 seconds to Zacari right after the start. Was trying to close the gap then, but was always a bit afraid to fly off ... what I indeed did then after a few laps in the last chicane, so James could pass me. Got in the gravel once more a bit later, so I'm happy to have finished 3rd.

I think the main problem with the rain-tyres are really the temperatures, like Gizmo already said. The tyres feel very unsteady so the braking points vary quiet a bit, which makes taking corners nicely really difficult. Probably the cause of that is, that when you take one turn well, without much over- or understeer, the tyres cool down and you need a longer braking distance at the next turn. While vice versa, if you took a turn bad, had your tyres locking and some sliding, the tyres get hotter and you brake better the next time. Having your temperaturs in view, could really help a lot, if you learn to interpret them right. Monza of course might be extra hard in this regard, because on the long straights, the tyres cool too much to reach their ideal temperature.

Good race all. Grats to Zacari and James.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2006, 12:15:39 AM +0100 by LeH » Logged

Don
Blue and Orange Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2006, 06:56:14 AM +0100 »

Well as some of you guys maybe know I don't usually drive the GT's and not sure what possessed me to attempt to drive Monza for 40 mins in the wet last night Grin (maybe cause the game is so damn good angel)

Tricky, difficult, dangerous, scary are words that spring to mind even after managing to plodd round the circuit for 40 mins. Luckily I had no overtaking moves to attempt(none that I can remember anyway) and was left to cruise it home for most of the race with so many people dropping out, and only really had to worry about guys being able to lap me cleanly.
Don't feel comfortable in the GT's and it might be a while before I feel the urge again Grin
Top dollar to all the boys that finished.
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2006, 10:08:21 AM +0100 »

I quote Zacari:

"Absolutely damn fine point.  It always amuses me that the fastest guys take the fastest cars 99% of the time for whatever reason.  IMO if you're that quick, if you want a chance of close racing take one of the slower cars.  If you end up having a lonely race it's more self-inflicted than anything else in this kind of league."

And now for this race results:

1) Zacari - 550 Maranello.

Sorry, but what?Huh Not a way to make a point Huh Huh Huh
greg130
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2006, 10:20:21 AM +0100 »

Of course there is one simple way of bringing the field closer together: WEIGHT PENALTIES, which correct me if I'm wrong can be added in GTR2.

28CDM : http://www.28cd.co.uk

GtrRank name = Greg130

" border="0
" border="0
Zacari

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2006, 10:36:19 AM +0100 »

I quote Zacari:

"Absolutely damn fine point.  It always amuses me that the fastest guys take the fastest cars 99% of the time for whatever reason.  IMO if you're that quick, if you want a chance of close racing take one of the slower cars.  If you end up having a lonely race it's more self-inflicted than anything else in this kind of league."

Yeah?  And did I win by a mile?  No.  I had no practice beforehand and it was the only car I had a setup for, and also the only car I was likely to have a chance of not spinning in.  It was also my first race in the wet.  So cram that in your pipe and smoke it, If it'd been obvious in practice I was far faster than anyone else I'd have probably changed car, but 0.2s in quali is hardly a country mile Huh my race was perfectly enjoyable, thankyou Roll Eyes Cool

We were talking about GTL there anyway, when pero was 1.3 seconds faster in quali which was never gonna give him a close race.

Unfortunately I don't believe weight penalties can be used online in GTR2, It's something I really hoped would be possible too Sad

On GTRank, GTR2Rank and GTLRank as 'Zacari'
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2006, 11:01:58 AM +0100 »

Keep it civil children! Hit with a wet fish

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2006, 11:04:22 AM +0100 »

Of course there is one simple way of bringing the field closer together: WEIGHT PENALTIES, which correct me if I'm wrong can be added in GTR2.

You are wrong. Sad rFactor has proper, server-adminstered penalty ballast.

The only way to do it in the GTR2 dedicated server is to hack the physics files around and that's really not a route we want to go down.

Radius

Meep! Meep!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2006, 12:05:59 PM +0100 »

I quote Zacari:

Yeah?  And did I win by a mile?  No.  I had no practice beforehand and it was the only car I had a setup for, and also the only car I was likely to have a chance of not spinning in.  It was also my first race in the wet.  So cram that in your pipe and smoke it, If it'd been obvious in practice I was far faster than anyone else I'd have probably changed car, but 0.2s in quali is hardly a country mile Huh my race was perfectly enjoyable, thankyou Roll Eyes Cool

We were talking about GTL there anyway, when pero was 1.3 seconds faster in quali which was never gonna give him a close race.

Unfortunately I don't believe weight penalties can be used online in GTR2, It's something I really hoped would be possible too Sad

pls dont start this again!! Smiley

Dave open a "rant and get-ur-own-back" thread pls

lol

Arguing on the internet is like the Special Olympics...even if you win, you're still a retard Wink
Aagramn
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2006, 01:32:30 PM +0100 »

No need when there are so many to choose from on RSC.

Team Shark

GT Rank Name: Michael Bennett

The correct procedure is brake-swear, not swear-brake.
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2006, 01:33:03 PM +0100 »

Meeeeow! Cheesy

Radius

Meep! Meep!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: October 17, 2006, 02:16:20 PM +0100 »

Meeeeow! Cheesy
yes
Smiley

Arguing on the internet is like the Special Olympics...even if you win, you're still a retard Wink
Madd-RIP

Power and Glory slave

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 17, 2006, 02:48:52 PM +0100 »

sbd to recover from the spin.
  Embarrassed I take it you mean me, SBD???
As for weight penalties, if you host a server through the game then clicking on the sector/driver/weight penalty in the timing section you can indeed add up to 100kg of ballast. This is probably the only way to add weight.
Sorry about the spin btw.  Sad

EdamSpeed
« Reply #43 on: October 17, 2006, 02:58:01 PM +0100 »

Mr. Madd - you were in the Maserati last night weren't you? Can you send me your wet set up? Or upload it through the game and let me know what it's called Smiley I seem to be struggling with that beast in anything less than perfect conditions...
Don
Blue and Orange Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 17, 2006, 03:00:32 PM +0100 »

Mr. Madd - you were in the Maserati last night weren't you? Can you send me your wet set up? Or upload it through the game and let me know what it's called Smiley I seem to be struggling with that beast in anything less than perfect conditions...

That thing looked like it was a nightmare to drive. Looked to me like it wouldn't even go in a straight line.
Brave lad to have chosen that Wink
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com