Read this first!    

May 02, 2024, 08:16:20 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • GTR2 Dawn Race at Estoril: October 17, 2006
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: GTR2 Dawn Race at Estoril - 17 Oct  (Read 11441 times)
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2006, 09:34:00 PM +0100 »

Well bugs to start with...

1) Dawn? WTF?! Gizmo on teamspeak telling me he was blinded and all I had on my screen was some faint blurry glow of sun, no blinding at all. Works fine in single player, but multiplayer nothing.
2) Split time was always to leader, what a halibut joke. I don't give a haddock how far behind the leader I am, I want to know how fast I am compared to my best time you pike of a game. Another multiplayer bug, I suspect taking whatever the setting is from the server instead of what I have it set to in my game!!
3) Stutter was really bad. I have high frames rates the whole time on the settings I'm running on and offline at Estoril yet where is this multiplayer stutter coming from? There was some corners really bad but was not making life easy.
4) Lobby is still a joke. Hard to get into private chat rooms, extra lines on the server list, responds slowly.

Test your lemon sole game Blimey! before you release it. There are so many little things they've just not bothered fixing from GTR1 that annoy the every day user. If they just played their own game a few times they might actually see them. Not enough to not play but the little things are so jellyfish annoying.

Onto the race...
1) Sorry to Pikey, I lost it under braking into T1, not trying to pass or anything and uncontrolled into the side of your Porsche. Totally unintentional, sorry.
2) Mosler, pfff, it's go not chance against GTC and RSR. Shame, it still felt reasonable to drive, although I was finding it hard to get the fronts to warmup.
3) Oddities on warmup lap. Priberio behind me was there, but everyone behind him had just dissapeared about 3/4 round pace lap?
4) People coming out of garages and not looking left before entering the pit lane. Please look left before you come out of your garage.
5) NO CHAT TILL AFTER EVERYONE HAS FINISHED. I'M CATFISH OF REPEATING THIS ALL THE TIME. PLEASE WAIT TILL EVERYONE HAS FINISHED BEFORE CHATTING.

I'll try the Morgan in the next NGT race, but I don't hold out much hope of it fairing any better than the Mosler.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2006, 09:39:22 PM +0100 by Simon 'Shark' Gymer » Logged

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
LuKe#69

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2006, 09:34:24 PM +0100 »

Nice race guys!! Smiley.Nice to get a good result(Even though I was in the M3,G2 Grin),had a good start and was just holding up in 6th and a couple of mistakes from other drivers made me go up to 4th and had a nice,clean battle with Pablo(nice battle mate Smiley)and just held on the last few laps in 4th for a satisfying result.
Cheers!! Smiley

NoSpeed

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2006, 09:34:37 PM +0100 »

First time on estoril in gtr2 for me so im very  Grin got had some good moments there with Martin and he kept pushing me so i did an mistake and breaked to late into one corner, then ofcause he past me, now it was my turn to start push him, was really close racing (maybe too close Cheesy) tho he breaked a bit early (my thoughts) and i just gave him a little nudge (SO SORRY) was trying to wait for him but then 3rd pl came up so i desided to floor it. But was a good race again here on simracing uk !!

BTW was my first pole here on simracing uk, hope the start was following the rules.

pribeiro

Animals and racing lover

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2006, 09:35:23 PM +0100 »

shifty  Nice sprint race, unfortunatly i qualed 22nd wheelchair ( please, when you spin and loose your good lap
time, be carefull when you rejoin the tarmac, or otherwise you hit the cars that are passing by, doing them hot
lap....thank you ) eek

I managed to recover untill 15th, not bad, due to great pace that all the field was doing Wink
Congratuations o the podium boys thumbup2

Once more i need to say this: I hate :censored:when people leave race because they spin cursing
i think it is a lack of fairplay to all drivers, i call it badlooser yawn, are you guys here only to win? spins happen in real life also.
So please show some fairplay and respect (i spend once 3 mnts. in pits repairing a mistake i did, i leave it in last, but i tryed
to recover and have some fun aswell, thats why im here yes

Thank you all, see you next race (dont know if this one was the last, not for the reason above ofc, but for personal
reasons) hang

Isn't my avatar amazingly sweet?
NoSpeed

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2006, 09:35:54 PM +0100 »

and yeah, i couldnt see the lights in start thats why i maybe was a bit late on it...

Paul Richards

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2006, 09:39:04 PM +0100 »

Cheers for the race guys. Had no pace at all in the race but got up to 11th I think due to spins etc.. Got turned around on the last lap but thats racing. After the dissappointment of the Dubai endurance I was glad to get past the start line! Looking forward to the season if I manage to get in and I hopefully my race pace will pick up to match the qual. Bit over cautious at the mo!

Dave - Qualifying worked fine I think. Was 11th after the first quick session, then got pushed down to 13th in the second which was where I started the race from.

Cheers all see you soon.
Minton
« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2006, 09:41:15 PM +0100 »

Not a bad race,  Few of the passes were a bit questionable i can see there being more contact in GTR2 as the cars are more forgiving.  Track seemed alot smoother than before or maybe it was just me .  
grats to podium.

See u next race.
cheers
Don
Blue and Orange Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2006, 09:43:26 PM +0100 »

Onto the race...
3) Oddities on warmup lap. Priberio behind me was there, but everyone behind him had just dissapeared about 3/4 round pace lap?

That could of been something to do with the problem I was having problem Embarrassed, I Qualied behind you.
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2006, 09:43:49 PM +0100 »

Well pissed off! Had 6fps again (the same as the night race) at the start once the session had changed, un-driveable. Funny yesterday's race in the rain an average of 50fps? and in Quali today 60/70 fps. What a frustrating waste of time Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed

Turn replays off if you haven't already.

Angry to nights race was like a public server race what has happened to simracing is it the new game why has the driving standard gone to the dogs . i am not talking about the ukgtr boys i am on about all the  newbes

There is no excuse for foul language in the in-game chat, and there is a perfectly good incident report link on the results page of each of these races. Obviously qualifying stuff is a problem to review but if you submit incident reports, not only will the culprits realise that their actions are hacking other drivers off, but I will be able to make sure those people get put in any Academy series before they are allowed into the main championships.

I'm going to abuse this and name a few names now though because there really is no excuse for some things...

Grimfairclp appeared to be suffering some sort of warp, but moved off prematurely from the grid. Tut tut. Well done Reign Man for resisting the urge to force your way back past - silly boy for dropping a wheel off on the formation lap though!. Grimfairclp then completely failed to use his pit speed limiter during the start, causing me to run into Nikonian as the concertina effect travelled backwards.

There were too many people slowing almost to a sandstill during the formation lap, which was causing serious problems at the back of the pack.

EVERYONE READ THE RULES REGARDING ROLLING STARTS! THERE IS NO EXCUSE!

Rawkey then went before I'd taken my limiter off - although he did let me back past. Don't do it again! Tongue

There was a fair bit of overdriving from the new guys - I seemed to be passing rawkey picking his way out of a gravel trap every few laps. Undecided

Anyway, bit of a dull race for me but between my lack of any practice time here and the short race length I wasn't expecting much. Actually quite enjoyed chucking the Zed around and given another lap I think I'd have got Ossie wo looked to be struggling in the last few laps.

Turned lens flare on again and the effect is very distracting but very impressive. I was taking the fast kink virtually blind, although I did find it much easier to pick out braking zones driving into the sun!

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Madd-RIP

Power and Glory slave

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2006, 09:46:35 PM +0100 »

Reasonable quali from me, not really driven this track, and had a good fight for a while until I spun, I tried to get to inside of corner before I blocked half the track, many apologies if I blocked anyone  Sad . Managed to get up the inside of Zacari , thought I'd moved over to the left enough to allow him to go by my side, didn't feel any contact but must have tapped him, sorry about that too  Embarrassed .
If I set FF to full will I feel any contacts? It's set to high atm?

silver53

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2006, 09:50:01 PM +0100 »

Do you think replays are causeing my stuttering. and what about it showing 26/28 but not being able to join.cheers gerald
Don
Blue and Orange Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 17, 2006, 09:53:29 PM +0100 »

Do you think replays are causeing my stuttering. and what about it showing 26/28 but not being able to join.cheers gerald

I had replays turned off and had dumbed it down to dx8, shadows off etc? Reminds me too much of the old 1fps bug.
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: October 17, 2006, 09:55:23 PM +0100 »

It was probably just being slow at updating Gerald. There were 28 in the server so it was full.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
merlinthepike

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 17, 2006, 09:56:39 PM +0100 »

no probs simon i was abit slow with a yellow ferrarri takin me spot .had a good race with a few people and really enjoyed it,racing with other people certinally get's the old ticker going Cool.nudge'd a bmw with nowhere too go but his tarmac, and i'm really sorry if that was you Embarrassed
with the sunlight on some parts of the track it was fairly blinding and the glare moved about nicely during the different session's.
welldone to the podium boys  Smiley

merlinthepiker type r
Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 17, 2006, 09:57:53 PM +0100 »

As Shark I had no dawn, sun had yet not risen.  Sad

In time-trial I made 1.39.6 but couldn't make it here, was 0,5 sec. slower, which was enough for 7th place.
Race was tense, close. I think it was partialy due to 20 min - its a bit short and everybody were rushing. Had some close duels with SBG, Greg and LeH. Last 2 laps were  scared and  eek and then  sweatdrop when I managed to keep LeH behind. Good, fair driving, LeH.  thumbup1

Grats to podium, especialy to POPABAWA!  yes
GJ MJ and too bad for Don.  Sad

TT
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com