Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
May 02, 2024, 08:38:30 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • GTR2 Fun Race at Magny-Cours: October 18, 2006
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
  Print  
Author Topic: GTR2 Fun Race at Magny-Cours (light rain) - 18th Oct  (Read 13741 times)
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2006, 06:44:46 PM +0100 »

I'll prolly go for the 911 RS, to see how much slower it is than the RSR. Although I'm enjoying the Aero again, especially in the rain Grin
silver53

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2006, 09:17:09 PM +0100 »

This things pure rubbish . Iwas in a load of trees way off the track at start could not get on to track. What a bummer.  Angry Angry ???gerald
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2006, 10:05:29 PM +0100 »

Have to say I'm not impressed with the multiplayer. Apart from having no 1 FPS bug it's worse than GTR1. Horrible stutters, lag and so forth. Makes it playable offline but online, very hard work. Just when you need fps to be high controlling a slide and it will stutter and you have no chance.

I seem to be attracted to Gizmo's 350Z tapping him again into 180? the 2nd gear left hand you can take sideways (literally). Was happily following him sideways round the corner and he seemed to leave gap or run wide all of a sudden. I'm already driving sideways and don't have much change to avoid and the merest of touches as his car is on full lock sends him round.

Then I nudged Ossie at the end when he went off in front of me braking far too deep and I did the same (sympathy maneover) and just tapped him not being able to avoid as both foolishly run deep.

My deepest apologies.

This game really hasn't grown on me online. The cars are great fun to drive offline but the multiplayer so far has not impressed at all, no sir.

BTW, some of you guys should take the Morgan, it's an absolute hoot to drive. The handling is as good as GTR 1 Morgans. Was very surprised to find the 350Z was the same speed down the straights but much slower round the corners than my boat.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
Madd-RIP

Power and Glory slave

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2006, 10:10:57 PM +0100 »

Sad Firstly sorry Greg your back end seemed to step out and I just couldn't get out of your way quick enough.
Then I got tapped going into hairpin, I'll be having words tomorrow in work!! Tongue  Roll Eyes and then lost it out of T2 later on, this put me down in the mid 20's  :'( , so just went for it, lost the back end a few times and it felt like Groundhog day passing the same people  Cheesy ,but I hope I kept it clean, basically a stonker of a race for balls out driving for me.
 I even managed to get back to 11th, could have got higher but too many slides at end of race.

Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2006, 10:12:01 PM +0100 »

My flipping Netguard anti-virus or Zone alarm kicked me back to desktop just as i was approaching the Addelaide hairpin at full speed  Shocked
Needless to say my car careened off the track into the barriers at high speed. Sad

First time its done that in GTR2  Sad , though its done it in praccy in GTL a couple of times before  Angry

Must remember to disable the buggers  Roll Eyes

Madd-RIP

Power and Glory slave

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2006, 10:13:01 PM +0100 »

Question : will disabling Antivirus/firewall help fps?

Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2006, 10:16:26 PM +0100 »

Question : will disabling Antivirus/firewall help fps?

AV could be, as some AV scanners (like Norton) eat your system. Better use a free scanner like AVG.
ossie

Bring it on!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2006, 10:21:57 PM +0100 »

well done all podiums.  I had a nightmare of a race Sad. Qualified in a brilliant spot for me behind Madd and Minton, never thought I'd ever be that far up the grid.  It all went downhill when the race started. I kept up with Madd and Minton for a couple of laps then I came off at any opportunity, what a mare.

Sorry to Madd for the little tap, no doubt I will get a ear ache about it in work tomorrow. A big apology to Darren who I hit coming back onto the track. Did not see you sorry! I let four cars go past and thought that was it.

Getting a bit more confident but consistancy is my downfall. Cheers all see you tomorrow on GTL. hang
merlinthepike

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2006, 10:22:32 PM +0100 »

norton anti virus struck again  Angry blacks screen and heard the crunch with the wall..time too unistall that and get a different 1.
hate magny for some reason but uptill the norton incedent was having a good race.re gained the road and had a fair tussel with reign man  Cool till he went wide and beach'd it  Undecided
congrats to the fast boys  Cool

merlinthepiker type r
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2006, 10:25:43 PM +0100 »

I don't understand the stutters. I just tried again to verify with myself that this doesn't happen offline. Magny 27 AI cars (so same number of cars and even more load on CPU), 10% rain, 2pm. I get same fps (over 30 all the time even at race start, up to 60 usuall about 40-50) but no stutter even on start finish straight.

That is clearly a multiplayer issue.

Also can someone tell me where I can change my connection setting type to ISDN? In GTR the option was in the lobby but I don't see it in GTR2, am I blind? Cool

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
ossie

Bring it on!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2006, 10:28:14 PM +0100 »

Had loads of problems with Nortons taking me back to desk top with GTL. Since opted for McAfee security centre oem (cheap as chips) and not a glich since.
Aagramn
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2006, 10:28:22 PM +0100 »

Congrats to LeH for the win, and to the pack of 911 drivers who kept up with his M3.

Had trouble hooking up a good lap in qualifying. Was on for a mid 1:43 a couple times, but met traffic or threw it off the road. Had a good race in the TVR, with some very close, clean racing with Luke, Madd & Martin. Madd seemed to enjoy passing me so much he did it about 3 times.  Wink Made a few minor mistakes, but was pretty consistant overall and finished in a decent position. The TVR was a lot of fun to chuck around, shame it's a bit off the pace of the 911 & 360. Think it's a bit quicker than the 350Z and Morgan though.

Thought the light drizzle made driving the track a bit more interesting. Had a bad impact on my frame rate though, was getting a big drop on the start-finish straight and some stutter in a few other places. Upgraded my PC recentely - wish I'd waited a bit and got a Conroe now.  Undecided

Had a bit or trouble at the start. The M3 in front of me either warped or braked twice while we were on the limiter and I had to brake hard to avoid him. Shark ran into the back of me as a result, but my car was undamaged.

Team Shark

GT Rank Name: Michael Bennett

The correct procedure is brake-swear, not swear-brake.
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2006, 10:30:07 PM +0100 »

This things pure rubbish . Iwas in a load of trees way off the track at start could not get on to track. What a bummer.  Angry Angry ???gerald

I wonder if there is a problem with grid sizes at some tracks. Mind you, the two spots behind me were empty and I think you should've been in one - perhaps one of the slots has been put in the wrong place...

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2006, 10:30:27 PM +0100 »

I don't understand the stutters. I just tried again to verify with myself that this doesn't happen offline. Magny 27 AI cars (so same number of cars and even more load on CPU), 10% rain, 2pm. I get same fps (over 30 all the time even at race start, up to 60 usuall about 40-50) but no stutter even on start finish straight.

That is clearly a multiplayer issue.

Also can someone tell me where I can change my connection setting type to ISDN? In GTR the option was in the lobby but I don't see it in GTR2, am I blind? Cool

It's under the serves, a bit to the right of the middle, in the middle (vertically).  Grin
Paul968
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2006, 10:30:36 PM +0100 »

Also can someone tell me where I can change my connection setting type to ISDN? In GTR the option was in the lobby but I don't see it in GTR2, am I blind?

To the right of the join button Simon
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com