Read this first!    

May 02, 2024, 05:25:49 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • GTR2 Dual Server Test, Dubai I: October 24, 2006
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8
  Print  
Author Topic: GTR2 Dual Server Test at Dubai International - 24 Oct  (Read 14777 times)
Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: October 24, 2006, 11:39:37 PM +0100 »

Not one, two 1 fps bugs in the race!  taz cursing censored death 2guns gun_bandana hammer hang no

Qualified 11th, came to 7th place and dueling with Pablo and RS close behind my  Wink - 1 fps bug.   Came alive again right after Mark Jonzo. Was a bit faster but Mark had superb exit speed and I needed every inch of the road for late braking to pass him. Great driving MJ, as usual.  thumbup1  Then another 1 fps bug! Don't know my position at the end, doesn't matter. I'm not sure I could pass Pablo, only if he made a mistake. Too bad for 1 fps bug, was enjoying every second, Pablo! And with RS behind  scared  would have been  eek

Maybe next time.

Other than these two events I had no connection / lag issues. I'm upgrading my PC this weekend, so hopefully no more hardware failures. What causes this 1 fps bug, btw?  Huh

TT
LeH

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 24, 2006, 11:43:06 PM +0100 »

I had no network issues at all.

I spontaneously decided to take the Seat Toledo, since I hadn't driven it before at all. Compared to the 911 RSRs, it seemed a bit faster on the straight, but with less traction in corners. It's main downside is, that the rear is really light and requires a lot of struggling to keep it under control. Nevertheless I was lucky and could make pole with a decent time, which was also about my 911RSR offline time.

In the race, struggling with the Seat's back got harder the more the tyres wore. When I almost lost it the first time, it allowed Paul to pass me and NoSpeed. Some later in the race, I saw a chance to get back on p1 on the back straight, but Paul tried to defend his position and so we touched slightly, which made him slide through the next corner a bit. I didn't want to make use of the touch, since it also was my fault, and let him stay in front, which allowed NoSpeed to pass, so the order was Paul, NoSpeed and me. My tyres got worse and I couldn't go fast enough to attack them on my own, also Radius was pushing hard from behind. The near the end all of a sudden my car wasn't accelerating anymore. I didn't know what was going on first, since I couldn't see the smoke in my mirror (which sucks in GTR2). Took me a second to realize my car was up in flames. Came a bit surprising, since temps were rather low.

(click for bigger screenshot)

Good race tho, and grats to the podium.

Enabling "simple debris" in extended options usually helps against the 1 fps bug.

ChorltonDragon

'Ello little old lady!

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 25, 2006, 12:34:18 AM +0100 »

Great race guys. It made a big change to play on a server without wreckers and first lap pile-ups. Pity I was soooo slooooow Smiley I had about an hour's practice on the track before the race and it just wasn't enough. Still, I hope I managed to keep out of everyone's way whilst bringing up the rear!

Chorlton
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 25, 2006, 08:26:11 AM +0100 »

Server 1 Provisional Results are available.

Still need ce / [DSD]-Lestat to identify his forum ID to us please so we can import Race 2 results properly.

popabawa
Legendary Leader
Former Moderators

Less yapping and more lapping!

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 25, 2006, 08:49:14 AM +0100 »

Fantastic screenshot Leh! That's a doozy!

Legends Racing simracing team
purdie
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 25, 2006, 11:02:58 AM +0100 »

Sorry I don't remember the names of the guys a battled with but it was a good clean battle. A pleasure Grin

That was me at the end mate! What good racin, good move to stay in front when you hung on round outside of first corner!  Cool
got a screeny...my bumper is damaged cos i managed to spin on formation lap! (lol  Huh) Oh well, people do it in real life, haha ( at least i havent done that!)

great racing with not even a bit of contact! which is crazy considering how close the racing was

I spent most of the race in 14th with a small gap to [RSms]Big in his red RSR and Will and J.Ball behind! Stayed like that for 2/3 race, when people started making mistakes (including me runnin wide  Lips Sealed) and others retiring.

Then finished off racing with ReignMan! Great racing guys Wink enjoyed it!

Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: October 25, 2006, 11:18:37 AM +0100 »

Still need ce / [DSD]-Lestat to identify his forum ID to us please so we can import Race 2 results properly.

If I had to guess I'd say it was cej.

To finish first, first you must have fins.
NoSpeed

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 25, 2006, 11:33:42 AM +0100 »

I know this is just a test race, but MoJo floored it from start and disapeared in horizont on formation lap, that means ny name should be shining in 1st place  Tongue

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 25, 2006, 11:50:06 AM +0100 »

If I had to guess I'd say it was cej.

Smart A***  Tongue

Server 2 Provisional Results also available.

NoSpeed

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 25, 2006, 11:51:15 AM +0100 »

Took me a second to realize my car was up in flames. Came a bit surprising, since temps were rather low.

Surprised???.... ITS A SEAT !!!  Grin Grin Grin for god sake

Damac

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 25, 2006, 12:28:16 PM +0100 »

I was racing as keysersoze last night, sorry if there was any issues with using a different race name.
Jimmie

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 25, 2006, 12:55:59 PM +0100 »

But what is this dual server test for? Obviously if having 2 servers at the same time will work, and well it seems it does, but how is this going to relate to the leagues? NGT and GT split up for Endurance? Or are they gonna be a bigger field and based on season position you get shifted from one server to another? so you will be competing with the faster people if your fast enough.
Or two leagues running side by side?
mclaessen

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 25, 2006, 01:33:36 PM +0100 »

Quote from: Jimmy
but how is this going to relate to the leagues?

Like Dave said in another topic:

Quote from: Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
The plan was to put the more experienced drivers in the "main" championship and run shorter "Academy" championships underneath for newer and less experienced drivers.

Reign Man

Team Pseudo Racing

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 25, 2006, 02:16:53 PM +0100 »

Hey perdy450, nice racing at the end, i was worried with you climbing all over my rear in the final stages, especially on turn 7 where i kept overshooting the corner entry, those bumps are a nightmare !!

I nearly lost it on turn 8 on the last lap (I have never been so sideways before and recovered Shocked) but i was quite relieved to see you spinning in my mirrors. Tongue. It was a shame with only a few corners to go  Undecided.

Anyway...my highest finish...

Wooot!.......PWN!!!AGE!!111one

..as they say.  Tongue

IRacing ID = Adam Kell
Jimmie

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 25, 2006, 03:04:35 PM +0100 »

Quote from: Jimmy
but how is this going to relate to the leagues?

Like Dave said in another topic:

Quote from: Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
The plan was to put the more experienced drivers in the "main" championship and run shorter "Academy" championships underneath for newer and less experienced drivers.

Aah guess I read over it or something, thnx for the clear up Cheesy
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com