Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
May 02, 2024, 10:28:14 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • GTR2 Fun Race at Spa 04: October 25, 2006
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: GTR2 Fun Race at Spa 04 (light rain) - 25 Oct  (Read 5918 times)
mag07

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2006, 05:31:38 PM +0100 »

Try to make this one,still not sure if I can,might get called away!
Paul Cowan

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2006, 09:25:45 PM +0100 »

It was fun in qual and I nearly got pole but messed up the bus stop on my last flyer.

In the race I was getting awful FPS on the formation lap untill we got to les combs. Then on lap 2 my fps went down badly at eau rouge, I put a wheel over the kerb, spun, so hit escape as quick as I could.

Sorry to anyone who got caught up in my mess.

All in all it was good while it lasted lol. Cheesy
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2006, 09:34:53 PM +0100 »

I tried the Biturbo in the wet, cause I thought it was a handfull. Still I got pole just infront of No25. His mistake at the busstop secured that place.

The race went well, I was on soft frontwets and hard rear wets. The lastet well for 10 minutes. In the last 10 minutes, the outside tyre was between 105-110, but they cooled down quickly. With 3 minutes to go I hit the inside kerb in the left hander of Eau Rouge, and with the wobbly suspension of the BiT, I just bounced to the outside, testing the safety of the tyre barrier. And as I can still type, I'd say they have passed the test Grin.
Oh no wait, I had to let my girlfriend in as she was ringing the doorbell Wink

Great weather type (30% rain). It really gave a strategy to the tyrechoice. A longer race than 20 minutes and softs wouldn't last. Hards were doing fine, and intermediates didn't get to a good temperature (50 degrees C).

It was the usual wednesday-night-admin-free-race-server Tongue Wink
Mooman117

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2006, 09:39:54 PM +0100 »

Grats to podium. That was a fun race for me always had someone to race with. Took soft fronts and hard rears and seemed to work well.

Sorry to Minton who I made contact with at the end of lap 2. Other than that good race weather settings felt good unlike Monza in the Saleen.
greg130
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2006, 09:42:47 PM +0100 »

Good race, well sort off.  Car felt great in the race, had plenty of pace.

Big problem with warp everytime someone left the server, caused me to crash into pablol and leh, appologies guys that 2 secs of warp everytime someone left was a killer.

Perhaps for league races you shouldnt be allowed to leave the server until the race is finished.

Again appologies to pablol and leh, by the time I realised what was happening it was to late to take avoiding action.

Did anyone else suffer from the warping when people left the server ?

28CDM : http://www.28cd.co.uk

GtrRank name = Greg130

" border="0
" border="0
Paul968
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2006, 09:42:56 PM +0100 »

Had lots of fun in qually and was pleased to get a 31 on soft wets in the VertiSlow. Then in the race I was struggling to get 35s, which was very odd. Touching the curb and falling into the gravel on lap 1 didn't help, but 35s were never going to be fast enough. It all became clear when the race ended - my setup was on inters, but I had never changed them from the soft wets! Has anyone seen this happen before?
Jamera

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2006, 09:47:15 PM +0100 »

Good race, enjoyed that. Qualli'd in 15th finished 7th

Must say I agree about the leaving, got a massive lag spike everytime someone left
jan duijs

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2006, 09:56:11 PM +0100 »

Fun race in Vertigo,had leavelag too,some nice battles .Vertigo is a joy to race in wet,almost competative.Paul you need to switch auto-tyre choice thing off in game.

Jan
« Last Edit: October 26, 2006, 08:09:19 AM +0100 by jan duijs » Logged
Paul Cowan

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2006, 09:57:36 PM +0100 »

my setup was on inters, but I had never changed them from the soft wets! Has anyone seen this happen before?

There is an option to auto select tyres, maybe check if you have that turned on?
Paul968
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2006, 10:00:54 PM +0100 »

Ah! Never noticed it before, but then I've only done 2 races. Neither of those gave me a problem tho? Oh well, live and learn  Roll Eyes
Dirk Hauser

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2006, 10:05:30 PM +0100 »

Finally I had time to join in a test race! I am not familiar with tyre choice and took the hard wet. Because the race was only 20 minuntes (instead 40) I guess soft wets would have been a better choice. I was rather slow in the race compared to Jan. In the last lap I almost lost my 12th place to Jan because I made a bit too much room for Minton to make sure we do not touch.
P.S.: I had no problems with lags when people were leaving the server. FPS were between 22 (at the start) and 45 (not to good Undecided)

Jimmie

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2006, 10:06:39 PM +0100 »

I thought about taking intermediates for the race, cause with a damp condition and little bit of rain these should be perfect Grin

Well they weren't... couldn't get the temps higher then 70-80 degrees and although grip was ok in general, in corners it gave mass understeer.
Kind of stupid really, at what track condition do you need intermediates then Roll Eyes

After a few laps I parked the car in my pitbox, well sort of cause you cant enter them laugh
james

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2006, 10:28:25 PM +0100 »

I went with hard wets front and rear just to be on the safe side,they were fine but took 2 laps to get up to temp

the race was very  lonely after Leh span off  as I couldn't keep up with Ruskus,Raduis,No25 just to fast  Shocked  but things went my way when No25, Ruskus crashed out giving me 2nd  Smiley

had no lag and fps was fine
Radius

Meep! Meep!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2006, 10:28:37 PM +0100 »

YAY for me!!!!!  Cheesy

I luv the wet, the conditions realy made it difficult to choose a strat!

and while most were having troubles thru Eua Rougue i kept my calm to claim the win!!  Grin

Good job Rad ur mum would be proud! lol

Arguing on the internet is like the Special Olympics...even if you win, you're still a retard Wink
mclaessen

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2006, 10:30:11 PM +0100 »

Quite pleased with my performance tonight. Quallied 17th, finished 9th. Although that was caused primarily by people spinning out and stuff. Nice racing guys. Enjoyed this one thumbup2

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com