The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
May 03, 2024, 05:17:38 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: Wednesday Assetto Corsa Fun - 3rd September 2014 - SLS at Nurburgring Sprint  (Read 7426 times)
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 03, 2014, 09:23:18 PM +0100 »

Was fun racing Bob and Spanner, and watching Shark fall off at the last chicane to make me think I had a chance Wink I guess the tyre or brake temperatures were my problem as the car seemed to lack any sort of consistency. It be fine for a few laps and then I'd just seem miss a corner due to lack of brakes. And boy are these SLS things frugal, 2ltr a lap! My old Impreza would have used twice that at least.

Sadly I didn't get a chance to follow up on the results program, now I've had a chance to look at the tread on the AC forum I see I needed to capture the server's output. I'll try harder next week!

Nice turn out and really good to see both new ones and some old ones creeping out of the woodwork Cheesy

BillThomas

We will rock you! Rock on.

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 03, 2014, 09:41:41 PM +0100 »

Good race guys, well done Chris, awesome pressure which eventually got to me  laugh

I think I'll be crossing out an SLS for any future lottery winnings  Roll Eyes Couldn't seem to get the hang of it at all (and I don't think the circuit helped).

Looked like some fun was had up front and a decent turnout....thanks fellas   Cool

Bill, To join a race you first need to click on the "request a booking" icon (before 8pm). At 8pm you will see that icon change to "join" which you then click to enter the server.

Thanks, does that mean you need to   request a booking a few minutes before 8pm or else the computer is tied  up until you see icon change to join?

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Another one bites the dust
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 03, 2014, 09:48:43 PM +0100 »

I believe you can book at any time, quit AC and join later. I requested my spot and then used the available time to practice on my own. Coming back and pressing join after the session had started.

BillThomas

We will rock you! Rock on.

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 03, 2014, 10:03:21 PM +0100 »

Thanks that sounds logical, wll try next week and hopefully join.  Grin

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Another one bites the dust
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: September 03, 2014, 10:32:24 PM +0100 »

LOL, I was trying out triple rendering but it was hopelessly slow and it was like driving through treacle even though the FPS wasn't terrible (not great but not terrible). Very off-putting. They really need to sort out whatever is causing the treacle feeling with triple rendering on as you don't get it with single rendering.

After I made a mistake that let Spanner back through I started fiddling with all the "apps" finding out what there was and if any of them could tell me how much fuel I actually had left and how to get more at a pit stop (should I need to). Needless to say faffing around with them for about 8~ laps saw my performance drop off a lot as I wasn't watching where I was going.

Gone back to single screen rendering on my 3 monitors now, much faster, just have to ignore the bendy side windows.

When are they going to put a decent mirror in this game though? I can't see half the cockpit mirrors and you can't turn on the virtual one in game and if you do you can't then turn the cockpit ones off so you have to take the performance hit of the extra virtual mirror if you want to use it. Additionally the FOV is VERY wrong in the virtual one in single rendinering too so it looks stupid and doesn't really give you much idea about where or how far away the car behind is. At least you can "look behind" unlike iRacing!

Performance of this game could be a lot better as it's still quite slow and I don't have a crap PC either! i5 2500K @ 4.2 Ghz + 7970 Ghz Edition AMD.

Still I enjoyed having a race with you guys with absolutely zero preparation (preparation is for wimps).

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
ChrisR
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 04, 2014, 10:11:03 AM +0100 »

Im not sure how it panned out but my internet went off on the last corner of the last lap, i hope i didnt knock anyone off or anything.

Darren you was doing very well, i think i was faster overall but the car was a real challenge to muster round the corner, i have to admit on lap 13 i though i wasnt going to get back the lead but i could see you starting to struggle to keep the car straight so i capitalised on it and got my boot down.

When you did come off i slowed right down to let you catch back up as i was enjoying the fight but i saw eric closing down on me so i got back on with it.

Enjoyed the challenge this week, car good, track crap (hate that dip in the joining section) over all grip levels were ok, only thing i though of was the amount of grip transfered between sessions, but i think that was just the sls over exaggerating it.

Jester

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 04, 2014, 11:34:08 AM +0100 »

Chris you disappeared at the left turn, just after the annoying dip. A shame, because I would never have caught you. I was surprised that I could keep up with Shaun and even overtake him. Love the car and hope they smooth out that dip, because when damage is fully implemented the car will be broken before you finish a race  wheelchair

Erik Roeterdink aka Jester
my apps and settings
PaulMcCloud

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 04, 2014, 10:46:59 PM +0100 »

Enjoyed the racing fellas, hopefully see you all next week Smiley
Johnny X

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 05, 2014, 06:35:46 AM +0100 »

Enjoyed the racing fellas, hopefully see you all next week Smiley

We had a good few laps in the middle of the race (Sleeper Service online). Some good close racing. I couldn't match you out of the corners but had the advantage under braking I think.

One thing is for sure... I won't be adding an AMG SLS to the lottery win car buying extravaganza  Grin.

“The more fondly we imagine something will last forever, the more ephemeral it often proves to be”
― Iain M. Banks, Excession
Burtoner

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: September 05, 2014, 08:33:22 AM +0100 »

LOL, I was trying out triple rendering but it was hopelessly slow and it was like driving through treacle even though the FPS wasn't terrible (not great but not terrible). Very off-putting. They really need to sort out whatever is causing the treacle feeling with triple rendering on as you don't get it with single rendering.

After I made a mistake that let Spanner back through I started fiddling with all the "apps" finding out what there was and if any of them could tell me how much fuel I actually had left and how to get more at a pit stop (should I need to). Needless to say faffing around with them for about 8~ laps saw my performance drop off a lot as I wasn't watching where I was going.

Gone back to single screen rendering on my 3 monitors now, much faster, just have to ignore the bendy side windows.

When are they going to put a decent mirror in this game though? I can't see half the cockpit mirrors and you can't turn on the virtual one in game and if you do you can't then turn the cockpit ones off so you have to take the performance hit of the extra virtual mirror if you want to use it. Additionally the FOV is VERY wrong in the virtual one in single rendinering too so it looks stupid and doesn't really give you much idea about where or how far away the car behind is. At least you can "look behind" unlike iRacing!

Performance of this game could be a lot better as it's still quite slow and I don't have a crap PC either! i5 2500K @ 4.2 Ghz + 7970 Ghz Edition AMD.

Still I enjoyed having a race with you guys with absolutely zero preparation (preparation is for wimps).

Hi Simon, I got same pc @ 4.5 Ghz but with a old rusty 5870
I use single screen rendering too. Triple is just bit too much laggy and low fps otherwise.

UKGPL Season 14 Club Champion
Jester

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 06, 2014, 11:47:47 AM +0100 »

Sadly I didn't get a chance to follow up on the results program, now I've had a chance to look at the tread on the AC forum I see I needed to capture the server's output. I'll try harder next week!

Make sure you check the site beforehand, because it keeps being updated (just to keep you on your toes)  Grin

Erik Roeterdink aka Jester
my apps and settings
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com