by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
May 02, 2024, 11:43:59 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: PnG Wednesdays at MARA  (Read 2449 times)
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« on: March 06, 2013, 01:06:58 PM +0000 »

Erik at MARA is organising a short series of spec races on default GTR2 tracks for Wednesday evenings. Details to be confirmed, but looks like being 21:30 CET quali time and likely to be around 30 minute races.

Shout up here if you're interested  Smiley

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2013, 01:36:07 PM +0000 »

hmm, maybe, weds eves are the worst evening eve for me as i race tuesday with the GC P&G crowd and thursday and sunday with you lot.
Having said that, the GC events are not living up to the hype as everybody just takes the fastest car(s) available rather than 'racing' , not to mention alot of contact, so im getting bored of them sadly. Would still make two consecutive nights tricky though, will see!

Clive Loynes

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2013, 02:09:25 PM +0000 »

Will take a peek.

SBRC  UKPnG Season 6, 7 & 8 Champions (Missed Season 9 by a gnat's nadger!)
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2013, 02:43:31 PM +0000 »

Having said that, the GC events are not living up to the hype as everybody just takes the fastest car(s) available rather than 'racing' , not to mention alot of contact, so im getting bored of them sadly.

Problem is Mark, that Mikko is so quick in anything that everyone else has to take the fastest car to have any chance of staying with him. Agree about the contact though.

Anyway Wednesdays are out for me, NG races that night.  Sad
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2013, 08:39:03 PM +0000 »

Having said that, the GC events are not living up to the hype as everybody just takes the fastest car(s) available rather than 'racing' , not to mention alot of contact, so im getting bored of them sadly.

Problem is Mark, that Mikko is so quick in anything that everyone else has to take the fastest car to have any chance of staying with him. Agree about the contact though.

Anyway Wednesdays are out for me, NG races that night.  Sad

Just proves what a good job our Matt does here in trying to keep the racing close  angel
Their car groups are too big really with cars at polar opposites for performance in the same group and i think the 2x20min sprints just makes everyone drive like a loon with zero patience. Oh well, still had a few good races there but its far better here  Kiss

Jamera

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2013, 05:41:19 PM +0000 »

Could well be interested in this, got any more details?
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2013, 06:58:28 PM +0000 »

Hi Jamera. This is what's planned atm.

Mini Cooper 1275S race (no Britax Mini allowed)
Series Start Date: 20th March 2013
Track list :
20 March = Barcelona National 17 laps
27 March = Hockenheim Short 19 laps
03 April = Dubai Club 20 laps
10 April = Magny-Cours National 20 laps
17 April = Valencia National 16 laps
Quali Start Time: 9.30pm CET
Superpole Quali for Race (1 flying lap only) - 5 min session
Race: 25 min
Warm up: 5 min
Weather: Dry
1x fuel
1x tyre wear
Warm up: 5 min
No ABS
No TC
100% Damage
Auto Clutch Allowed
Auto Shift Allowed

Dates are not set yet.

Jamera

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2013, 08:18:37 PM +0000 »

Sounds good to me, although if the first race is the 20th I'm afraid that I will miss that one as I have an over-nighter in hospital (nothing serious), but other than that count me in
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2013, 02:21:53 PM +0000 »

Just a reminder for the start of the MARA "Mini Series" this evening. Only 25 minute races with superpole starting at 20:00 UK time makes it a nice easy to enter event and guarranteed fun with some real gentleman drivers. You'll need to register for the p/w.

http://mara.grandprixgarage.net/node/814

Details:

Race day Wednesday 27/03/2013
(60's FIA Gr.2 Touring Cars)
Mini Cooper 1275S series, Britax Cooper disallowed.

Track:
Barcelona National

Free Practise
Quali Start Time: 9.00pm CET
Superpole Quali for Race (1 flying lap only) - 5 minute session
5 minute warmup
25 minute race
Bonus: 5 pts for finishing

Weather: Dry
Fuel Use: Normal
Tyre Wear: Normal
Flag Rules: Black Only
Failures: Normal
100% Damage
No ABS
No TC
Auto Clutch Allowed
Auto Gears Allowed

Server:
Mara Europe PnGv3 (using lobby)
Password:
Client config:
Power & Glory Mod for GTR2 v3 http://www.gtlw.co.uk/
*** Bandwidth set to ISDN ***
*** Terrain patch enabled ***
*** NAP Mod must not be enabled ***

Mogget

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2013, 06:42:45 PM +0100 »

I am sad to hear you say that, Mark. I always try to drive at least one "mid pack" car, but unfortunately I don't seem to be able to get too many of the fast guys to do the same. Mikko is clearly a guy who always wants to win, and that rather made the championship a forgone conclusion before it had even started. Nevertheless, I still think that some of the other fast drivers should think a little more about competition, and less about personal glory.

I really hope that we can get more drivers to take part in future WSL events. On that note, anyone here is more than welcome to join us on Tuesday evenings. Details can be found at Gamers Crib or NoGrip.
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2013, 09:55:20 AM +0100 »

yeah sorry Mogget, it was a few weeks ago and i was getting disallusioned with the abundance of drivers at GC taking 'the' best car by far, as well as clattering me out of the way in the reversed grids in their rush to the front!!
I understand your frustration in trying to get them to choose less rapid machinery as there seems to be several out and out glory hunters rather than enjoying 'the racing' but with the car groups being so wide in performance you will sadly be cursed with it for the rest of the season. Undecided
Matt here, backed up by several regular noisy protesters Wink (me included!) keeps it close in terms of performance and very quick guys like John and Manteos sportingly take a less fast car to keep the action close.  Smiley

Glad you've joined us over here for a few events Smiley

Mogget

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2013, 08:27:31 PM +0100 »

I was thinking of joining you guys for the race tonight. If that is possible, can someone let me know the password?
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2013, 09:10:05 PM +0100 »

I was thinking of joining you guys for the race tonight. If that is possible, can someone let me know the password?

Only just read this Mogget. We were actually in quali when you posted, but you are of course welcome to join us next week which will be the last round of the current series at Valencia Nat. (we'll be following on with another series after this).

I'll ask about pw and pm you back.

Mogget

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2013, 10:53:56 AM +0100 »

A nice little run out in the Neptune Racing Mini last night. Thoroughly enjoyable Cool
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2013, 03:12:29 PM +0100 »

A new season starts this Wednesday at MARA featuring the Wilment Elan. More details here....

http://mara.grandprixgarage.net/node/826

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com