Read this first!    

May 03, 2024, 05:59:27 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • Hockenheim - Dual Server: October 26, 2006
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hockenheim - Dual Server Test 2 - 26th October 2006  (Read 13394 times)
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: October 27, 2006, 02:46:18 PM +0100 »

I was enjoying this race following Gerald for a few laps then my ISP dropped me and I was out:(
Some advice would be handy guys. I'm with Pipex and recently upgraded from a 2mb line to an 8mb.
Since then I've been experiencing approx one disconnection per evening. (Was 100% reliable before the upgrade)
I have one of those old 'frog' style usb modems.
Do you think getting a newer one would make any difference or is it just down to line quality.

A new modem might help but TBH 8MB is really pushing it over the bits of string BT normally use. My line can't even sustain a 1.5MB connection reliably. Sad

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Radius

Meep! Meep!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: October 27, 2006, 03:05:54 PM +0100 »

yeah i know allot of peeps who after upgrading report instability...basically the lines just cant cope.

What u should do is ring them and ask them to limit ur rate to say 6mb and give that a few days testing. I did that when i went 16mb and am stable at 14 now (with bulldog that is)

Hope that helps u in ur quest for salvation Cheesy

..oh and usb modems are a no-no...invest in something descent pls...believe me...taht frog never turns in a prince/princess (whichever u prefer Grin) whatever BT might want u to believe.

« Last Edit: October 27, 2006, 03:30:11 PM +0100 by Radius » Logged

Arguing on the internet is like the Special Olympics...even if you win, you're still a retard Wink
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 27, 2006, 03:16:00 PM +0100 »

Video

30,6 mb   3:47

Music and engine sound.

Megaupload

Video Google
exteg martin

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 27, 2006, 03:33:06 PM +0100 »

hi all
well my 1st online race enjoyed it, don't think i've ever had to concentrate so hard for such a long time before
had no lag or stuttering i use ntl 4meg

one question tho

when being lapped do I have to give way at all times or just on the straights as I lost soooo much time and got very messy trying to go wide or under brake for you way to fast guys  Angry

Martin
Radius

Meep! Meep!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: October 27, 2006, 03:40:01 PM +0100 »

nice vid again ruskesness!!!! nice job on capturing the essence of hockenheim.

would have loved to here more of those v8 sounds int the vid (like in the beginning)

Arguing on the internet is like the Special Olympics...even if you win, you're still a retard Wink
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 27, 2006, 03:41:26 PM +0100 »

when being lapped do I have to give way at all times or just on the straights as I lost soooo much time and got very messy trying to go wide or under brake for you way to fast guys  Angry

Martin

The rules say you don't have to give room, but for fairness, it's not always a bad idea to do it anyway. IF you want to do it, do it in time. Don't change line at the last moment, but show to the lapper you know he is coming and make a clear passing possibility. That way you won't lose as much.
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 27, 2006, 03:42:12 PM +0100 »

nice vid again ruskesness!!!! nice job on capturing the essence of hockenheim.

would have loved to here more of those v8 sounds int the vid (like in the beginning)

Thanks

Start GTR2, pick the Saleen or C5R, put a brick on the accelerator and enjoy yourself  Grin
Jimmie

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 27, 2006, 03:53:27 PM +0100 »

Video

30,6 mb   3:47

Music and engine sound.

Megaupload

Video Google

Nice vid again Ruskus, not really found the music good suiting, but that's more personal I think Tongue

What mods have you been using? Obviously the V8 soundpack, is that rev limiter rumble also from that pack, sounds so awesome Shocked
Saw also different views; like in car, also a mod?
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 27, 2006, 04:04:46 PM +0100 »

Nice vid again Ruskus, not really found the music good suiting, but that's more personal I think Tongue

What mods have you been using? Obviously the V8 soundpack, is that rev limiter rumble also from that pack, sounds so awesome Shocked
Saw also different views; like in car, also a mod?

The sounds are all of that pack. I also downloaded the 350Z sounds so it now sounds more like it should.

The different views are from another mod and only work with left hand driven cars. it adds the 2 views you can see, so nothing overwrites:

2 new cameraviews

I am open to suggestions for music.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2006, 04:16:05 PM +0100 by Ruskus » Logged
Jimmie

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 27, 2006, 05:00:46 PM +0100 »

Thanks for the camviews

I think the music choise for most movies is very good, though I havn't seen many yet, only the one from GTL with Cotton Joe and the Valencia one with Disturbed, which both suited very good. Think this song just created a bit of distance with the action, can't really explain the feeling Roll Eyes

But I love your work on the movies, I know from own experience it's quite much work! thumbup1
« Last Edit: October 27, 2006, 05:12:00 PM +0100 by Jimmie » Logged
silver53

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 27, 2006, 07:40:43 PM +0100 »

Hi Simon That was the best driving and screen I have ever had. I could see you ok in fact I put a chat message at the end to say how well I thought things had gone. sorry I was invisible. Has it anything to do with me being on a warm up lap when the session ended and went into the race. As an aside I think the BMW is in no way an NGT for our races.Could it go in with the slower gt cars or get a load of ballast. Ithink I am about 2 secs a lap quicker in it than the Ferrari 360. Yes I have gone back to the devil I know. cheers gerald
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: October 27, 2006, 08:00:31 PM +0100 »

sorry I was invisible. Has it anything to do with me being on a warm up lap when the session ended and went into the race.

Hey, not your fault at all Gerald, clearly another teeny bug with the game. It was the one time I wanted to be able to chat during the race and say I need help getting by cause I can't see you and I don't want to crash into you.  Smiley

I doubt that was the cause at all. Not much we can do about it. C'est la vie.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com