The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

May 02, 2024, 09:04:44 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here     Home Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Yesterday at 10:57:21 PM 
Started by Phil Thornton - Last post by Hristo Itchov
in the NV profile there is a setting wich can be mistaken, where high Quality must be set to push 3D.

Is it possible that your mobo has a slow pci-e <3 slot or not using 16 lanes Huh this could outbrake the 1060 massively (use GPU-Z to find out Wink )

If there is a big mismatch it really can be better to take the old ATI/AMD GPU

I don't see any such setting other than for textures, which I already have set at quality instead of performance.

It's a bit of an older motherboard, yes, but the card is running at 2.0 which is more than enough for all other games. There's not much of a performance difference between 2.0 and 3.0, nothing like if it drops to 1.1. It's all working fine though, so it's not that, I already tested it with much heavier games and the FPS is just fine. My previous AMD card was running at 2.0 as well.

It could still be some kind of incompatibility when it comes to rendering in GPL though, I don't know.

on: Yesterday at 10:39:31 PM 
Started by Phil Thornton - Last post by Cookie
in the NV profile there is a setting wich can be mistaken, where high Quality must be set to push 3D.

Is it possible that your mobo has a slow pci-e <3 slot or not using 16 lanes Huh this could outbrake the 1060 massively (use GPU-Z to find out Wink )

If there is a big mismatch it really can be better to take the old ATI/AMD GPU

on: Yesterday at 10:27:33 PM 
No! for the NVidia you should not take the max performance! you use the high quality!

This was in my linux....

Which setting do you mean exactly? I meant the power usage setting. It has Optimal Power, Adaptive and Prefer Maximum Performance. In Phil's PDF it's set to the latter. TBH I don't see it making any difference though. I've copied his settings exactly, but the issue remains.

on: Yesterday at 10:10:29 PM 
Started by Cookie - Last post by Cookie

I think I drove very well, consistent, concentrated, was not pushing too much to keep the tires safe from too high temps and at the end was clearly the fastest car in the race.

...and of course you drove the Surtees works Lola wich is with the M1B the best car of the mod Wink
But you have to bring it home- so, well earned, Grats  Grin

on: Yesterday at 10:05:58 PM 
Started by Phil Thornton - Last post by Cookie
No! for the NVidia you should not take the max performance! you use the high quality!

This was in my linux....

on: Yesterday at 08:27:11 PM 
I tried overclocking the card a bit in MSI Afterburner, but it doesn't seem to make any difference. I ran my heavily modded Skyrim, just to see what it shows in Open Hardware Monitor, and it's working just fine, going to higher clocks and producing good FPS.

I'm really puzzled why it's suddenly problematic in GPL, as it doesn't seem to be the driver or the settings, and there aren't any hardware issues. Oh and btw, this is Dimi's previous card and he's been using it for years in GPL and other sims without issues, until recently when he upgraded.

on: Yesterday at 08:10:55 PM 
Started by Cookie - Last post by Dimitar Dulichki
Thank you guys. It looks like I indeed go really well on ovals, after finishing in P2 with the 55s at Indy, now a victory here was actually my first ever GPL official league race victory.

I think I drove very well, consistent, concentrated, was not pushing too much to keep the tires safe from too high temps and at the end was clearly the fastest car in the race.

Shame about Enrique and the mistake with the fuel, could have been a wonderful battle for the win.

Gratts to him and Evil on the podium.

Full race replay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuPtArCf1b0

on: Yesterday at 07:49:47 PM 
I assume you are on Windows 10, not Linux?

I suspect it might be down to a windows update in my case. It is as if the nvidia profiler has no effect now.

Yes, Windows 10 here. The profiler does affect the game. I tried supersampling AA, image scaling, it does change the way the game looks. Perhaps the "use maximum performance" option isn't working though? I could try overclocking the card via MSI Afterburner by just 100-150 Mhz and see what happens.

on: Yesterday at 07:45:54 PM 
Started by Phil Thornton - Last post by Phil Thornton
Could it be driver related? I reinstalled the latest drivers 20 minutes ago, but it's not making a difference. Should I try installing (much) older Nvidia drivers?
I tried that, I rolled the driver back to when the 2060 was released (I had a copy of the driver) but it didn't help.

I assume you are on Windows 10, not Linux?

I suspect it might be down to a windows update in my case. It is as if the nvidia profiler has no effect now.

on: Yesterday at 07:39:08 PM 
OK, so I ran some tests to keep an eye (via openHardwareMonitor) on the CPU clock speed while I'm in GPL, as well as the GPU. CPU is stable at over 3000 Mhz, so that's definitely not the issue. GPU is staying at idle speeds, but Axel is saying that's fine for GPL?

Could it be driver related? I reinstalled the latest drivers 20 minutes ago, but it's not making a difference. Should I try installing (much) older Nvidia drivers?

It really makes zero sense to me, because until 2 races ago I was having no FPS issues whatsoever with my AMD R9 380 card and the GTX is a noticeably more powerful card. Same CPU, no issues with it, no overheating or throttling. Changing the rasterizer settings or Nvidia 3D settings make no difference.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Hosted by DaveGymer.com