by SimRacing.org.uk  

Read this first!    

April 18, 2024, 11:50:06 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: exUKGPLer - How do iRacing "pickup" races work  (Read 1286 times)
ferrari312

View Profile
« on: October 21, 2011, 09:46:54 PM +0100 »

Hi All,

Just jumped into iRacing in the last week - the scheduled races are fine, but there is no community as such , apart from the forum.

GPL had VROC and it was just brilliant, found memories, iRacing seems to have chat but nobody is ever in any of the chat rooms LOL.

I'm guessing maybe it doesn't work like that any more.

I'm an ex-UKGPLer from the very early days where I helped host the first UK based GPL server - it was called "G.Server".

Competed in Division 1 with some success, and if I wasn't driving a Ferrari it was because I was saving "tokens".

Ken Murray

Ducati 996 @ Cadwell Mountain

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2011, 10:25:59 PM +0000 »

They only really have what you would call pickup races at the end of each season, it's referred to as week 13 and it's normally a crash fests. The SROU races here and also Club England are maybe the best compromise, with self regulated track etiquette, but no actual SR and IR at stake.

http://ukclub.deepblueltd.net/home
ferrari312

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2011, 11:10:18 PM +0000 »

cheers for that ... will bookmark and have a wee look.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: